PDA

View Full Version : I'm on candid camera. I didn't smile.

Mr Buckshot
April 19th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Source: http://parkingidiots.blogspot.com/2006_04_01_archive.html

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/1297/2404/320/SGB9888C-Centrepoint-2006_04_16.jpg

I was reading this joke blog my friend sent to me, about people all over the elitist country of Singapore who don't know two hoots about how to park their cars.

I was ROFL'ing, until I came across an April 2006 entry that showed my grandfather's car. The location was even specified - I then realized that on that day (I was on vacation in Singapore for spring break, which had been postponed from March due to a BC teacher's strike), the entire family went for a reunion lunch at a restaurant in the mall. My grandfather and I happened to be sitting in the backseat of his BMW 745 Li, which was driven by one of my uncles (my grandpa was 74 years old then and decided he was too old to drive anymore). The license plate number matches perfectly.

Crimes committed:
1. The car was sticking out of the lot, which posed a mild obstruction to other drivers in the carpark.
2. The car was parking on two lots at the same time.
3. One of the parking lots was for the disabled...I don't recall anyone in my family having to be confined to a wheelchair.

Here's another cuckoo-brained BMW driver. New car, so he prefers not to get it dented at the back, but leaves the front out of the car park lot far enough that any passing vehicle can crash into it. The TP should review their driving test passing standards - this blog is definately showing a serious lapse in the parking skills of many drivers.

Taken at Centrepoint carpark on 16 April 2006 at about 1:45pm.

I was shocked and completely taken aback to find that a relative's personal car had been photographed for the sake of going onto "Parking Idiots." And yes, my uncle is buying his head in sand of shame.

Zeph
April 19th, 2008, 02:33 PM
ok.

Agamemnon
April 19th, 2008, 02:58 PM
What is it with you and cars?

Emmzee
April 19th, 2008, 03:34 PM
What is it with you and cars?
This, (http://blackroses.textfiles.com/sex/sex-cars.faq) most likely.

Timo
April 19th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Err, congratulations :?

PlasbianX
April 19th, 2008, 04:06 PM
This is one of those threads that just makes me wanna sigh and say..

/care.

PenGuin1362
April 19th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Not sure what you're trying to say here but don't be hypocritical. You laughed at others who failed to park properly yet you're shocked when you find your own grandfather on this place for parking stupidly. Personally I would have laughed if it happened to me.

Roostervier
April 19th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Not sure what you're trying to say here but don't be hypocritical. You laughed at others who failed to park properly yet you're shocked when you find your own grandfather on this place for parking stupidly. Personally I would have laughed if it happened to me.
I agree with penguin... it sounds like you were having a real good time laughing at others, but when it came to your family you no longer found it funny.

n00b1n8R
April 19th, 2008, 06:05 PM
This.
Don't be such a bitch.

Bodzilla
April 19th, 2008, 07:23 PM
LLLLLLAAAAWWWWWWLLLLLLL

Asian.

Sel
April 19th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Is your entire family incompetent at driving or something :downs:

Bad Waffle
April 19th, 2008, 07:41 PM
so, can i kill this topic? Seeing as how the general atmosphere is negative, might as well.