PDA

View Full Version : Happy 4/20

dg
April 20th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Happy 4/20, everyone. Go load a bowl and chill out.

Make it a great day, or not, the choice is yours!

Disaster
April 20th, 2008, 10:58 AM
:awesome:

Corndogman
April 20th, 2008, 11:10 AM
oh you young whippersnappers and your marijuana holidays!

Llama Juice
April 20th, 2008, 11:18 AM
You should have thrown a poll on this one, "How many of you are 'celebrating' today"

I think it'd actually end up being an interesting poll.... mod?

Kornman00
April 20th, 2008, 11:19 AM
don't forget the option for "wish you could be, but can't due to job" or w/e ;_;

Hotrod
April 20th, 2008, 11:25 AM
What's so special about 4/20?

ExAm
April 20th, 2008, 11:27 AM
What's so special about 4/20?International everybody-go-and-smoke-pot day.

paladin
April 20th, 2008, 11:53 AM
International everybody-go-and-smoke-pot-all-day.

ftfy.

Disaster
April 20th, 2008, 12:04 PM
FTW! :woot:

blind
April 20th, 2008, 12:05 PM
My day started at 10 last night gggggggg

klange
April 20th, 2008, 02:03 PM
It's "International Marijuana Appreciation Day".

Also, What if God smoked cannabis? Hit the bong like some of us? Drove a tie-dye microbus?

ultama121
April 20th, 2008, 02:07 PM
fJTGfMz69gA
;)

Emmzee
April 20th, 2008, 02:07 PM
I didn't know Hitler was a pothead.

So after you smoke a bowl, do you go out and oppress Jews?

Patrickssj6
April 20th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Pot day? No wonder why Korn was born this day...at least we know now what his parent's where doing while...doing it. :ssh:

Kornman00
April 20th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Pot day? No wonder why Korn was born this day...at least we know now what his parent's where doing while...doing it. :ssh:
americans don't take 12 months to bake in ze oven...maybe you germans should get you're women checked out :rolleyes:

Hotrod
April 20th, 2008, 02:24 PM
International everybody-go-and-smoke-pot day.
I see. In that case, no, I'm not participating.

Emmzee
April 20th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Y-Elr5K2Vuo

Drugs are bad, kids.

Atty
April 20th, 2008, 02:27 PM
I don't smoke thus won't be celebrating.

Also, added poll, I think I put enough options, if there is something else you think should be added (reasonably) I'll add it.

Sel
April 20th, 2008, 02:28 PM
lol.

Sever
April 20th, 2008, 02:36 PM
I don't smoke, but I have been celebrating by listening to copious amounts of 311. I'm like the only person in my group of friends who doesn't smoke/drink/do other drugs, yet I'm perfectly fine with those who do use the not-so-powerful substances. Also, its fun being able to recount to them what the fuck they did when under the influence.

Sel
April 20th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Me and my friends once tricked this some douchebag we know into snorting flour, by tricking him into thinking it was cocaine.

Disaster
April 20th, 2008, 02:44 PM
:ohsnap: Oh Snap. I miss clicked the poll thing. Rofl I accidently put i was goign to smoke.

PlasbianX
April 20th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Me and my friends once tricked this some douchebag we know into snorting flour, by tricking him into thinking it was cocaine.

My friends did that, and added salt, sugar, and that sour shit to the line:
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=32381676

Hotrod
April 20th, 2008, 02:50 PM

I know somebody who would do that, I might just try it someday on him.

Corndogman
April 20th, 2008, 02:57 PM
wow, less people voted for smoking then i thought there would be.

Patrickssj6
April 20th, 2008, 03:10 PM
americans don't take 12 months to bake in ze oven...maybe you germans should get you're women checked out :rolleyes:
Germans :hist101:

</patriotism>

Oh yeah...that's of course...really bad.

Kornman00
April 20th, 2008, 03:13 PM
They're probably out smoking and\or forgot to vote :p

Hotrod
April 20th, 2008, 03:25 PM

That's because a lot of people, if not most, are against drugs.

Corndogman
April 20th, 2008, 03:32 PM
yea i voted no. maybe the world isnt as screwed up as i thought. or what korn said:p

Mass
April 20th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Pot smoking=/=fucked up world.

anyway, I was busy all yesterday and I've got work to do today, but I smoked up last night after midnight.

Can someone give me a good answer as to why consuming a plant that makes you sit down and enjoy being alive is wrong.

Emmzee
April 20th, 2008, 03:39 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_%28drug%29#Health_issues

Pooky
April 20th, 2008, 03:56 PM
No.

Mass
April 20th, 2008, 04:03 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_%28drug%29#Health_issues
"long term and heavy use of cannabis...has been linked to more subtle impairment"

Minor long term health effects on extremely dedicated smokers is hardly--look closely, I said wrong. Not bad. I don't quite see how fairly unlikely or unintrusive complications for the individual from long term use justify it as an unethical, amoral, or wrong practice.

Hardly one worthy of prohibition, in the very least.

Emmzee
April 20th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Hardly one worthy of prohibition, in the very least.
So what are you going to do about it?

And since when have laws stopped anything from happening?

klange
April 20th, 2008, 04:05 PM
The most important option isn't available in the poll: I'm celebrating, but not by smoking pot or participating in the consumption of any other illegal (or even legel) drug.
And I'm not just celebrating because it's my birthday...

Mass
April 20th, 2008, 04:10 PM
So what are you going to do about it?
Vote, lobby, and in general, support reform.

You know, like an average American citizen.

Oh, and refuse to pay attention to these backwards federal laws, as I do now. Although typically used as racism justification, (lookin' at you Mississippi) I definitely advocate states' rights on this issue.

E:
My point exactly, it's a failed prohibition. Were it legal, we could be...I don't know, taxing it and paying for: health care, education, debt relief, you know.

dg
April 20th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Whoever put the poll in my thread, take it out. I did not make a poll for a reason so please don't go over my head and put one in.

I don't give a shit who does what, I just wanted to make a thread wishing everyone a safe, happy 4/20.

Leiukemia
April 20th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Happy 4/20. Time to scrounge up the half-joints in my car cause my money all went into insurance this week.

SoulD3stroyer
April 20th, 2008, 05:06 PM
hell yea meng this is the day

Xetsuei
April 20th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Whoever put the poll in my thread, take it out. I did not make a poll for a reason so please don't go over my head and put one in.

I don't give a shit who does what, I just wanted to make a thread wishing everyone a safe, happy 4/20.

Wow calm the fuck down.

Bodzilla
April 20th, 2008, 05:55 PM
I don't smoke, but I have been celebrating by listening to copious amounts of 311. I'm like the only person in my group of friends who doesn't smoke/drink/do other drugs, yet I'm perfectly fine with those who do use the not-so-powerful substances. Also, its fun being able to recount to them what the fuck they did when under the influence.
hey, you sound exactly like me.

hi five
o/

Sever
April 20th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Half-Life five
\@

(I'm a Combine Elite today)

Bodzilla
April 20th, 2008, 06:04 PM
o____O?

Kalub
April 20th, 2008, 06:06 PM
I got arrested....

SoulD3stroyer
April 20th, 2008, 06:25 PM
I got arrested....
hahahaha busted.

Kalub
April 20th, 2008, 07:14 PM
At 00:52 I was arrested for Illegal Street racing, in my friends 91 White Honda Civic Hatch.

cheezdue
April 20th, 2008, 07:22 PM
My parents bitched at me the WHOLE day, guess I'll start smoking to relax or drink beer.

Pooky
April 20th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Half-Life five
\@

(I'm a Combine Elite today)

o____O?

The a is the cyclops lens, get it? :p

Sever
April 20th, 2008, 07:29 PM
He gets it (talked on xf), as does n00b1, since I was talking to him when I created it. Spread the Combine influence!

Disaster
April 20th, 2008, 07:30 PM
N U :protarget:

n00b1n8R
April 21st, 2008, 01:45 AM
Any reason it's on 20/4 or was it just an arbitrary choice?

rossmum
April 21st, 2008, 01:54 AM
He gets it (talked on xf), as does n00b1, since I was talking to him when I created it. Spread the Combine influence!
FUCK YOU AND YOUR GIANT FLYING TELEPATHETIC SLUGS

Any reason it's on 20/4 or was it just an arbitrary choice?
Apparently 420 is the cop code for pot-related incidents, but I'm not 100% sure.

n00b1n8R
April 21st, 2008, 02:02 AM
[hl2ep2SPOILERZ]I'm in your hanger, eating ur Eli's [/ep2 spoilerz]

Fucking americans doing it wrong >:U

nooBBooze
April 21st, 2008, 07:02 AM
International everybody-go-and-smoke-pot day.
Not really, dear Sir as the rest of the world has dd/mm/yyyy. :eng101:
Therefore, no pot holidays for me. :(
in b4 US<Everyone else / US>Everyone else trollage.

Can someone give me a good answer as to why consuming a plant that makes you sit down and enjoy being alive is wrong.
Because unlike Tobacco and Alcohol its an ILLEGAL DRUG. Apperantly most are perfectly good with the already available and legal drugs and as long as they are allowed to be able to consume them, they are perfectly good with the status quo. Legalizing or even just decriminalizing weed (wich -yes it sounds cliché- is really no more harmfull than alcohol or even tobacco in comparable doses) would be just an extra goodie supported by only small portions of the population.
And since it is widely considered an ILLEGAL DRUG, weed is literally the same as heroin, cocain, LSD and all the other fucked up shit and you cant expect politicians or regular, pot smoking folks to risk being associated to the legalisation of an ILLEGAL DRUG.
But thats just my two cents.

Emmzee
April 21st, 2008, 12:43 PM
Apparently 420 is the cop code for pot-related incidents, but I'm not 100% sure.
No. That's a common misconception.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/420_%28cannabis_culture%29

TeeKup
April 21st, 2008, 04:04 PM

Despite what you're feeling it's destroying your mind and body, sooner or later it will completely kill you.

Its the same concept with food:

If it tastes good, normally its not good for you.

Same with drugs.

If it makes you feel good, chances are it's killing you.

Pooky
April 21st, 2008, 04:13 PM
If it makes you feel good, chances are it's killing you.

So what does that say about sex?

specifically, anal?

nooBBooze
April 21st, 2008, 04:28 PM
Despite what you're feeling it's destroying your mind and body, sooner or later it will completely kill you.

Im sorry but thats something id like to call bullshit or at least an unelaborated position. its been proven that reasonable marijuana consumption has no negative direct long term effects on the mere neurology of the brain or the body. claiming that weed will actually kill you someday somehow is just the same as claiming "oh yeah despite what you are feeling now, life is destroying your mind and body and it will kill you eventually." this is far too deterministic and therefore not really plausible.
now for the indirect reasons that might have triggered your point: sure, if you hit the bong you get creative and your thoughts run wild. you might discover new connections and aspects of life that would otherwise remained hidden [not talking about paranoid shit here-just basic philosophical dicoveries]. chances are the discoveries you made while high are still plausible in the sober world and you start to applie them (mb even just subconscious) in real life. now i dont know if that counts as mind related damage but neurologicaly your brain remains intact just like before. there is no doubt in my mind that smoking herb has an impact on ones life and weltanschauung [can you really say that in english?] just like any other event, friendship, relationship or just about any situations you are in but it cant be the substance itself that physicall destroys you. exesivly smoking alone is just as dangerous as drinking alone or staying at home all day watching tv or in front of the pc (wondering if anyone reads this).

substance itself=harmless
deterministic events triggered by substance consumption=not necessarly negative but its questionable if this is even a valid point since it could be pretty much everything or nothing respectably that could have triggered the downfall of ones mind and body on the long run. with a 99,5% probability it wasnt the substance itself.

also, too much depression and stress get you underground waaaay faster than things you enjoy. this is just a sidenote unrelated with my point tough.

So what does that say about sex?

specifically, anal?

I heard that you can get incontinent from too much dirty sanchezing. :/

blind
April 21st, 2008, 05:20 PM
Its not use that damages your body, its excessive use.
But the excessive use of ANYTHING can hurt your body, so that argument is tremendously flawed.

TeeKup
April 21st, 2008, 06:08 PM
Yes but you fail to take into consideration that once the mind experiences something it likes, it will adapt to the use of it. Essentially becoming addicted.

Our mind is so vulnerable to a lot of thing. Desire to have that feeling the sooner we can is what destroy us. To avoid that it's best to not use the substance at all.

Disaster
April 21st, 2008, 06:13 PM
Yes but you fail to take into consideration that once the mind experiences something it likes, it will adapt to the use of it. Essentially becoming addicted.

Our mind is so vulnerable to a lot of thing. Desire to have that feeling the sooner we can is what destroy us. To avoid that it's best to not use the substance at all.

I lol'd cause mass is screwed then. Mass is a cool stoner though. :awesome:

Mass
April 21st, 2008, 06:25 PM
Too many people who smoked a lot of pot are ok for anyone to make a claim that it's really very dangerous to anyone's future.

It's non-addictive, trust me when I say that the way you crave a cigarette and want to smoke pot is completely different. You may want to, but you hardly need to the way it is with cigs. It's the difference between being hungry and wanting a specific burger from your favorite joint. A desire, not an urge. Dose makes the poison. The LD50 of weed challenges you to smoke 1000 lbs a minute. For 15 minutes. It would take me the rest of my life to smoke 1500 lbs of weed.

Vast majority of consequences are artificial, created by the law, not prevented by it.

TeeKup
April 21st, 2008, 06:27 PM
That may be so, but after seeing several of my friends lives destroyed, I'm not going to risk it.

Disaster
April 21st, 2008, 06:34 PM
Mass has a point though. Most dangers from weed are created by the law. People get shot over weed because there friends have it and they want it because they cant buy it from a store.

Mass
April 21st, 2008, 06:38 PM
Well, if you have the attitude and work ethic of a hardcore stoner than your problems reach much farther beyond the drug itself.

Most people who smoke a lot to a point and beyond where it starts hurting them care less about what they get out of the experience as they do about looking cool, forging a specific lifestyle, and group belonging.

Example: Someone who smokes weed at a party because his friends heckle him about it, all along he knows full well he'll be driving home that night. The problem isn't the pot, it's the fact his parents and society and he himself didn't grow him a brain, a spine, and some character.

Anyway, teek, your stance is perfectly logical. But acknowleging that a a costly, ineffective, and futile prohibiton is pointless on something so mundane that its principle effect is an inclination to sit on a couch eating tacos for three hours is different than a personal choice to avoid the drug.
We aint got no beef g.

paladin
April 21st, 2008, 06:40 PM
I just smoked the fattest blunt...

Mass
April 21st, 2008, 06:41 PM
AND YOUR FIRST INCLINATION IS TO GO SHOOT UP HEROIN YOU GATEWAY'D PUNK?!

Disaster
April 21st, 2008, 06:41 PM
^:awesome:

paladin
April 21st, 2008, 06:42 PM
Already did Heroin this morning... MEth is next

Mass
April 21st, 2008, 06:44 PM
Already did Heroin this morning... MEth is next
when you skin falls off, oh DUUUUUUUUUDE...

paladin
April 21st, 2008, 06:48 PM
No.. Thats from coke...

Oshi, the bong just spilled.

Disaster
April 21st, 2008, 06:49 PM
^ That would suck ballz dude. Meth is bad:suicide:

Mass
April 21st, 2008, 06:50 PM
No.. Thats from coke...

Oshi, the bong just spilled.
I bet your carpet's gonna smell just lovely now.

Con
April 21st, 2008, 07:33 PM
Sorry, but I find it hard to respect people who think they need to get high to enjoy themselves.

Emmzee
April 21st, 2008, 07:34 PM
when you skin falls off, oh DUUUUUUUUUDE...
Meth makes your hair and teeth fall out, not skin. You're thinking of leprosy, which I'm pretty sure isn't a street drug.

Gwunty
April 21st, 2008, 07:37 PM
I wana be cool too imma go smoke some pot :awesome:.
But seriously though I dont get whats so "cool" about pot, You get some halucinations and end up sleeping with a guy :eyesroll:

TeeKup
April 21st, 2008, 07:49 PM
Sleeping with a guy is not necessarily a bad thing Grunt. ;)

Llama Juice
April 21st, 2008, 07:59 PM

My main problem with drugs is people like this. I don't know if this was sarcastic or not, I don't really care, you're my example.

By posting/saying that what is he hoping to get out of it? Other people who smoke to say "word up brother" or somethin like that? For fucks sake people, why do you need to express it?

Conscars hit it right on the head though, I really can't respect people who mistreat their bodies to feel better about themselves like that. Emos mistreat their bodies for the attention/to feel good about "releasing" the pain or... whatever.. I dunno I'm not emo, but it's the same mentality.

I don't care if you disagree with me, how about trying to do something good to feel good? Try something new that helps you release stress or whatever. For me? I play DDR or other bemani games. Afterwards I'm always smiling and in an upbeat mood (unless if it's beatmania... fucking hard game....). Other people will run... or go to church, fuck I don't know.

I hate people.

blind
April 21st, 2008, 08:21 PM
we;lp, I'm pretty sure my mind loves mcdonalds, but I don't eat there everyday. I realize its horrible for you and can control myself by not eating there all the time. I smoke because it relaxes me. I have fun with my friends by doing whatever the fuck we want to do. Its fun to do, which is pretty much my stance on it, I like it and its fine if you don't just don't feed bullshit "oh its bad for you" down my throat because it really makes no difference in the end. I don't see myself doing it for the rest of my life and I doubt that I'm going to end up a mental case by doing it for a few years.
also, I can't respect anyone who needs to play video games to have a good time ~:-D)

ExAm
April 21st, 2008, 08:26 PM
No.. Thats from coke...

Oshi, the bong just spilled.Personally I don't smoke, but I have a friend who does, and we hang out pretty often. He usually takes at least one hit while I'm there. The other day we were discussing ways he could improve his homemade bong, and we noticed that there was a big bottle of cranberry juice in his fridge that was almost gone, so we drank it and he put the stack onto it and poked the bowl into the side. I can't wait to see what happens to him when he hits it :downs:

Pooky
April 21st, 2008, 09:29 PM
Sorry, but I find it hard to respect people who think they need to get high to enjoy themselves.

^

Actually I have a hard time respecting people who get high at all :\

Llama Juice
April 21st, 2008, 10:23 PM
I <3 McDonalds. Also, I can't respect anyone who needs to play video games to have a good time ~:-D)

That's like calling someone a loser while playing Halo 3 with recon armor.

In my post I was going to tie in other kinds of "addictions" which... really are more of guilty pleasures than addictions... figured the post was long enough though... but... since you feel like pulling that string...

to say that someone NEEDS to play a game to have a good time is just silly. That's like saying someone NEEDS to watch movies... or NEEDS to *gasp* read books. Sure there are things that we all find ENJOYMENT out of, and while some are DIRECTLY harmful to you (don't even pull that shit about people saying weed isn't. It impairs your judgement and people do stupid stuff while high.) to say that playing games is comparable to smoking weed is just ignorant.

Your whole attitude towards life is just flawed.

I like it and its fine if you don't just don't feed bullshit "oh its bad for you" down my throat because it really makes no difference in the end.
In that logic you might as well jump into a dumpster filled with rabid AIDS babies. Hell, you're harming your body NOW, you're making yourself feel like shit NOW. Try going on a diet, getting some exercise. See how GREAT that'll make you feel. Try taking care of your body for a month, you'll start to realize how much better you feel.

There's a reason why people frown upon drugs, and say yay to good health, just because you're taking care of your body doesn't mean you can't be "cool". Your friends won't abandon you because you stopped eating McDonalds, and you won't have to lie to your parents about what you were doing at Jimmy's house. (Assuming your parents are responsible...)

/rant

Bodzilla
April 21st, 2008, 11:33 PM
Lots of stupidity in this thread tbh.

People should have the right to do as they please to themselves in there own home.
Stop jamming your "LET ME HELP YOU LIBERATE YOU SO YOU DONT HURT YOURSELF" Bullshit irational propaganda down my throat. I dont want to hear it, and what on earth gives you the fucking right to judge me?

people make there own decisions and if those decisions back fire on them then let them feel the force of the backfire. Making mistakes is one of peoples primary ways of learning.

I dont smoke, i dont do drugs, i dont do weed but does that make me better then the people that do it?
no fuckign way.
It's there decision and theirs alone to make so all you right wing douschebags can just fuck right off now.

@Teekup:
it's not the drugs fault your friends fell off the railway. but there own decisions and not being able to control and handle themselves.
I know because i have known people exactly the same.

Example: Someone who smokes weed at a party because his friends heckle him about it, all along he knows full well he'll be driving home that night. The problem isn't the pot, it's the fact his parents and society and he himself didn't grow him a brain, a spine, and some character.
fucking bingo.
People need to stop blaming other things for there own mistakes, man the fuck up and take it on the chin. Its your decision YOU MADE THAT CHOICE so you can fucking live with the consequences.
And if you fell to peer-Pressure which influenced your decision then your just another weak, spinless, useless asshole joining the allready over crowded ranks of other non-thinking clones of people just like you.

@ Con:
Who says they dont enjoy doing other things?
If weed becomes the only source of enjoyment for yourself then you need to take a look in the mirror and do something about the piece of shit staring back at you.

Fuck this blame game finger pointing system of beuracratic bullshit that has countrys in it's grasp.
Everyone needs to harden the fuck up.

alby
April 21st, 2008, 11:56 PM
Its not use that damages your body, its excessive use.
But the excessive use of ANYTHING can hurt your body, so that argument is tremendously flawed.Stop breathing then.

Bodzilla
April 22nd, 2008, 12:02 AM
Cause hyperventalation is totally good for you :awesome:

seriously gtfo ->

paladin
April 22nd, 2008, 12:32 AM
Do you seriously think I meant what I said?

I was joking btw...

You sirs take drugs to serious.

Bodzilla
April 22nd, 2008, 12:34 AM
who you talking to pal?

i never took you seriously .__.

paladin
April 22nd, 2008, 12:39 AM
Everyone who thought I waz serious...

Bodzilla
April 22nd, 2008, 12:43 AM
But thats just llama.

it's to be expected. afterall he's just a llama :S

Kornman00
April 22nd, 2008, 01:31 AM
^

Actually I have a hard time respecting people who get high at all :\
And I have a hard time respecting people who drink and\or smoke tobacco. I only used mj sparingly and just to "bond" in a different way with the people I did it with because they were close friends (save for one time, when some friends of friends were in the circle). I haven't used it in years (10th grade was the last time). It's just something else to do in life.

ExAm
April 22nd, 2008, 01:55 AM
Try going on a diet, getting some exercise. See how GREAT that'll make you feel. Try taking care of your body for a month, you'll start to realize how much better you feel.I did that. It worked O_o

Llama Juice
April 22nd, 2008, 07:16 AM
I did that. It worked O_o

OH MY GOD!

See people, now it's just like a commercial, I gots a real live success story!

And Paladin, I wasn't directing it AT you, I was directing it at people like how you acted there.... if that makes sense... I said it better in that original post

My main problem with drugs is people like this. I don't know if this was sarcastic or not, I don't really care, you're my example.

I know this post sounds just as angsty as my other ones, but it's meant to be more light hearted... no hate on brother Paladin.

rossmum
April 22nd, 2008, 11:23 AM
As with most things, nothing wrong with it as long as it's done in moderation. Not my thing, though.

blind
April 22nd, 2008, 11:45 AM
That's like calling someone a loser while playing Halo 3 with recon armor.

In my post I was going to tie in other kinds of "addictions" which... really are more of guilty pleasures than addictions... figured the post was long enough though... but... since you feel like pulling that string...

to say that someone NEEDS to play a game to have a good time is just silly. That's like saying someone NEEDS to watch movies... or NEEDS to *gasp* read books. Sure there are things that we all find ENJOYMENT out of, and while some are DIRECTLY harmful to you (don't even pull that shit about people saying weed isn't. It impairs your judgement and people do stupid stuff while high.) to say that playing games is comparable to smoking weed is just ignorant.

Your whole attitude towards life is just flawed.

In that logic you might as well jump into a dumpster filled with rabid AIDS babies. Hell, you're harming your body NOW, you're making yourself feel like shit NOW. Try going on a diet, getting some exercise. See how GREAT that'll make you feel. Try taking care of your body for a month, you'll start to realize how much better you feel.

There's a reason why people frown upon drugs, and say yay to good health, just because you're taking care of your body doesn't mean you can't be "cool". Your friends won't abandon you because you stopped eating McDonalds, and you won't have to lie to your parents about what you were doing at Jimmy's house. (Assuming your parents are responsible...)

/rant
I was mocking Con's post, calm down. People do stupid shit all the time not just while high, wtb more logical fallacies. Just because people may be more willing to do something stupid while high has nothing to do with it because too many things make us want to do stupid things. People are more willing to do something stupid when they're in a group of people too.

GROUPS OF PEOPLE ARE HARMFUL TO YOUR HEALTH AND WELL BEING

I do take care of my body, just because I smoke weed doesn't mean I don't. I try to get at least an hour of hockey or biking a day, I'm completely healthy even though I drink a lot and smoke fat blunts. Last year, I abstained from drinking or doing drugs for three months, just to prove to myself that I could, I didn't feel any better, I felt the same maybe even a little worse. The only other difference was that I had more money in my pocket.
I think you missed my Mcdonalds comparsion :S
and why would I jump in a dumpster, I'd dirty up my clothes.

Llama Juice
April 22nd, 2008, 12:10 PM
People may be more willing to do something stupid while high has nothing to do with it because too many things make us want to do stupid things. People are more willing to do something stupid when they're in a group of people too.

GROUPS OF PEOPLE ARE HARMFUL TO YOUR HEALTH AND WELL BEING

The wrong groups of people are bad for you, yea. The wrong things put into your body are bad for you. To generalize groups of people like that is like saying that eating apples will give you the "confidence" to stab your wife and shove a chairleg through her neck. (happened in my hometown to a friend's mom)

Stop trying to convince yourself that it's not dangerous.

Emmzee
April 22nd, 2008, 12:30 PM
Guys, it's not 4/20 anymore. :eyesroll:

Kornman00
April 22nd, 2008, 01:13 PM
party pooper :eyesroll:

nooBBooze
April 22nd, 2008, 02:59 PM
it is for some it isnt for most. good day, sir. :)

Pooky
April 22nd, 2008, 03:14 PM
And I have a hard time respecting people who drink and\or smoke tobacco.

I don't drink or smoke tobacco :eyesroll:

And if you smoke, I really don't want to know, no need to mar your flawless reputation :p

Haloking365
April 22nd, 2008, 03:19 PM
Guess im a little late to the party, huh? Well, yeah, i did celebrate.

Yay me!

blind
April 22nd, 2008, 04:26 PM
The wrong groups of people are bad for you, yea. The wrong things put into your body are bad for you. To generalize groups of people like that is like saying that eating apples will give you the "confidence" to stab your wife and shove a chairleg through her neck. (happened in my hometown to a friend's mom)

I'm not even talking about the wrong groups of people, I'm talking generally about a group of your peers. You're more obligated to do something stupid when you're in a group.

Is there no gray area for substances being put into your body? ANYTHING can be bad for you if its used excessively, but light and moderate use falls very short of being dangerous.

paladin
April 22nd, 2008, 04:46 PM
Guys, it's not 4/20 anymore. :eyesroll:

Ahh but its 2:46, almost 4:20...

Its 420 everyday...

rossmum
April 22nd, 2008, 11:04 PM
I'm not even talking about the wrong groups of people, I'm talking generally about a group of your peers. You're more obligated to do something stupid when you're in a group.

Is there no gray area for substances being put into your body? ANYTHING can be bad for you if its used excessively, but light and moderate use falls very short of being dangerous.
This.

I mean, I don't even smoke pot, but I agree. As long as you don't overdo it, you keep in good health, and you don't have screwy chemical imbalances in your brain like I do, it's no more dangerous than drinking or smoking tobacco for the equivalent amount of time, or hanging out with a large group of people your age. I drink every now and then, does this mean my liver is going to explode from all the horrible damage I'm surely doing to it?

paladin
April 23rd, 2008, 12:28 AM
Pot is not a bad drug. If it was they would use in medicinal practices.