PDA

View Full Version : Different skinned warthog

cheezdue
April 20th, 2008, 08:15 PM
I was able to modify the warthogs skin and it looked this is

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk122/cheezdue/H2Sapien2008-04-2019-31-42-25.jpg

Then when I compiled the map the warthog looked normal

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk122/cheezdue/halo22008-04-2020-07-56-58.jpg

What happened?

CrumbledCookies
April 20th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Did you try to edit a multiplayer map or MP_Shared? MP_Shared might be the answer since it contains all of the shared things lol.

ShadowSpartan
April 20th, 2008, 09:10 PM
In order to cut down on map sizes, a lot of tags are made external. You changed the tag in your tagset, so thats why it changed in sapien, but whenever you compiled the map it loaded the warthog bitmap from shared. It didn't compile the new bitmap into the map because it already exists in shared.

CrumbledCookies
April 20th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Thanks for reposting my post. :D

But I've got a question, how'd you get the grass bitmap from Coagulation to work??

And, how'd you modify the bitmap anyway?

posts merged, use the edit button next time ~con

ShadowSpartan
April 20th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Damn.....there is an edit button for a reason, use it. Also I did not know you had posted already, and even if I had known I would have posted anyway since I actually explained why it didn't work for him.

Patrickssj6
April 21st, 2008, 11:15 AM
Rename the bitmap and relink.

cheezdue
April 21st, 2008, 06:25 PM
In order to cut down on map sizes, a lot of tags are made external. You changed the tag in your tagset, so thats why it changed in sapien, but whenever you compiled the map it loaded the warthog bitmap from shared. It didn't compile the new bitmap into the map because it already exists in shared.

So i have to edit the MP_shared map thingy?

CrumbledCookies
April 21st, 2008, 06:36 PM
Yea, try that, if it doesn't work say something! lol

cheezdue
April 21st, 2008, 06:40 PM
Yea, try that, if it doesn't work say something! lol

I cant find it :gonk:

KIWIDOGGIE
April 28th, 2008, 06:40 PM
shared.map in your Halo2/maps folder. Also you would need a resigner. Once again that would change everything for all the maps. I also don't think H2V will let you onto the Live tab without saying "Corrupted Map, Please Reinstall" or some other foohy.

Pyong Kawaguchi
April 28th, 2008, 09:20 PM
If its not signed it will just send you back to the menu, also, If there was a way to edit .render_models or any other type of model file I would have already made an assault rifle about 3x more accurate than the one I have.
Anyone have Proper assault rifle model tags?