PDA

View Full Version : HMMM....

Bad Waffle
April 21st, 2008, 02:40 PM
Interesting....

t3kI8LNTqNo

Zeph
April 21st, 2008, 02:42 PM
hahaha, I'm just trolling you today with old/oldness. I have to agree with it though. I immediately discredit anything I see with Fox News. They don't report news, just opinions and anytime something that differs from what they say shows up they immediately work to suppress it.

Bad Waffle
April 21st, 2008, 02:54 PM
well then how about this?

ySw-0uY4CUA

Agamemnon
April 21st, 2008, 02:54 PM
I see a news media that allows conflicting view points and emotion to manifest on public television. This is bad? Oh, yeah, I forgot. "Professionalism" and what not. I'll take those NBC paid actors "news anchors" any time of the day. :rolleyes:

tl;dr: All news media is biased to a certain extent. Want to formulate your own opinion? Try independent research.

Bad Waffle
April 21st, 2008, 03:06 PM
yea, all media is biased. Multiple varied sources will always be better in my opinion.

Sel
April 21st, 2008, 03:10 PM
Lol

Fox news. :maddowns:

Classicthunder
April 21st, 2008, 03:14 PM
Interesting....

Please explain what your trying to prove. Interestingly nearly every Fox employee who worked for a more liberal station reports issues very similar to the disgruntled Fox employees. Work at CNN and run your mouth about your right wing beliefs and you will be made fun of and persecuted. Exact opposite with Fox News. I personally prefer Fox New over other stations because the discussions seems more intelligent.

I agree that Bill is a stupid and annoying jerk though. Chris Wallace and Alan Colmes are actually my favorites over there. Both provoke inteligent and on topic conversation.

Anyways Talk Radio and the Internet FTW in finding information out about politics.

nooBBooze
April 21st, 2008, 03:19 PM
Meh i grow quite frustrated with the news these days. Even if one were to search SOME objectivity from multiple sources, the international news still come from just a handful of news agencies. they decide whats news.
also, lets face it: the larger portions of the population will always fall for the populistic media and therefore i think its kinda useless to obtain a "well researched" opinion when those who simplify the world like Faux News or Springer media control a nations opinions and therefore reign over democracy.
:/

I personally prefer Fox New over other stations because the discussions seems more intelligent.

idk if that deserves a -rep.
anyways, i disagree.
5kF1J4s0dxM
^ you might want to watch that video. btw what she effectevly says is not as important as how the "discussion" itself is led. reminds me of those drama US-Talkshows tbh.

Classicthunder
April 21st, 2008, 03:35 PM
idk if that deserves a -rep.
anyways, i disagree.
5kF1J4s0dxM
^ you might want to watch that video. btw what she effectevly says is not as important as how the "discussion" itself is led. reminds me of those drama US-Talkshows tbh.

Here let me rephrase that. I like watching Wallace interview people and Alan set some fellow republicans back on their toes. Alan is a very sharp person, he makes Shaun look like an idiot.

But generally, except for Bill, Fox News does have better interviews and discussions.

Anyways way to -rep over preferences in new stations :rolleyes:.I'm waiting for you Ross.

nooBBooze
April 21st, 2008, 03:42 PM
Fun fact about -repping: just because someone wonders openly if he really should do it doesnt imply he just did it.
Also, now that i come to think of it, you may be right with labeling some "discussions" "intelligent" if with said word you dont also imply "mature".

Zeph
April 21st, 2008, 03:45 PM
discussions seems more intelligent.

Any time I channel surf past Fox News, I always hear two or more people talking at once, followed by someone saying something along the lines of shut up.

Bad Waffle
April 21st, 2008, 04:46 PM
Please explain what your trying to prove. Interestingly nearly every Fox employee who worked for a more liberal station reports issues very similar to the disgruntled Fox employees. Work at CNN and run your mouth about your right wing beliefs and you will be made fun of and persecuted. Exact opposite with Fox News. I personally prefer Fox New over other stations because the discussions seems more intelligent.

I agree that Bill is a stupid and annoying jerk though. Chris Wallace and Alan Colmes are actually my favorites over there. Both provoke inteligent and on topic conversation.

Anyways Talk Radio and the Internet FTW in finding information out about politics.

what? I think i hurt your feelings. You're defending your own personal opinion/feelings against a documentary i posted.

Emmzee
April 21st, 2008, 04:55 PM
It's a great thing I don't watch TV.

rossmum
April 21st, 2008, 05:27 PM
ABC wins. And I mean our ABC. It's about as objective as news gets around here.

Kornman00
April 21st, 2008, 06:34 PM
Any time I channel surf past Fox News, I always hear two or more people talking at once, followed by someone saying something along the lines of shut up.
:lol:

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:qX_8zqjHd7CLxM:http://www.twitterati.tv/Dilbert---Just-Shut-Up--C10114871.jpg

Classicthunder
April 21st, 2008, 07:13 PM

Stop watching Bill then.

Bad Waffle
April 21st, 2008, 07:51 PM
I'm pretty sure he didnt specify bill, and was instead referring to 'anytime'.

Flyboy
April 21st, 2008, 08:02 PM
yea, all media is biased. Multiple varied sources will always be better in my opinion.
Well this is bias to the point where it's not worth listening to. I have the same thing where all I here is arguing when going past it. The point of an interview is to see what information the person you're interviewing has, not to spew your crap all over them while they attempt to talk. You might think it's intelligent, it's not, know why? I've had moments where I've tried to explain complex things to people, somewhat controversial things, and when you try to do it one on one it never works. And that is simply because people don't know how to shut the fuck up. If someone doesn't have time to complete their idea let alone their sentence then of course they're going to look like an idiot, as it will appear they can't make their ideas connect. However, if both people and this news station (particularly this station) learned to put a cork in it for a few minutes and let the speaker put two and two together then you might get a real intelligent discussion where both sides have clearly conformed ideas and theories. There is a reason professional debate teams take turns in competitions, because if you just spew your crap back and fourth no one will understand anything.

Apoc4lypse
April 21st, 2008, 09:09 PM
Yeah... I'm just going to state my opinion, we live in a scary world ruled by the media, mainstream beliefs, and drugs. At least thats the message I've gotten living in America in New Jersey (one state below newyork) for my whole life.

nooBBooze
April 22nd, 2008, 03:02 PM
People join religions and cults, engage in racism, xenophobia and overall right and left wing fundamentallism without even looking into what exactly they are refusing, hating and trying to overlook. you cant judge "ppl" for having "mainstream" beliefs. the masses are dumb, blind and stubborn.
srsly.

Warsaw
April 22nd, 2008, 03:28 PM
That quote from Agent K in MiB, talking about the person versus people, sums up people nicely, I'll see if I can't dig it up.