And in the morning
We will remember them.

Lest we Forget

Emmzee
April 24th, 2008, 09:56 PM
5hUcgvoC_NM

thehoodedsmack
April 24th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Huh... *Googles* Everyone praise the fallen Aussies!

rossmum
April 24th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Lest We Forget.

Was hoping to be up early, but I got surprise-sleep'd and only just woke up.

Ah well, still wearing my pop's DIY ring in his regimental colours. Haven't taken it off since mum gave me it.

Bodzilla
April 24th, 2008, 10:18 PM
thats awesome ross.

o/

got any pics?

Classicthunder
They shall grow not old,
As we that are left grow old,
Age shall not weary them,
Nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun,
And in the morning
We will remember them.

Lest we Forget

Is this kind of the Independence Day for the Aussies? I had friend skip a party for it but wouldn't explain what it was about.

Bodzilla
and that my friend is exactly why you have red rep.

rossmum
April 24th, 2008, 10:27 PM
thats awesome ross.

o/

got any pics?
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s310/xbh_rossmum/rign.jpg
Made of a wheel nut off a truck and a toothbrush handle.

Classicthunder
April 24th, 2008, 10:33 PM
and that my friend is exactly why you have red rep.

Thanks for the help. I honestly though it was because I was a libertarian. Sorry I don't know about
Australian holidays. Someone else mind explaining it?

Never mind I it looked up. And it kind of fits under what I said dammit. For what I gather It's the
Australians acting independent of England for the first time. Kind of like the US did during the civil war.

Nice job pulling an insult out of my lack of knowledge about a holiday from half way around the world.
Also despite people like you making me think you don't deserve it I respect and am impressed with the
steps Australia has taken considering England fucked them over kind of like in India. Every country England
left suffered huge economic problems.

Bodzilla
April 24th, 2008, 10:35 PM
no it's fucking not.

rossmum
April 24th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the help. I honestly though it was because I was a libertarian. Sorry I don't know about

Never mind I it looked up. And it kind of fits under what I said dammit. For what I gather It's the
Australians acting independent of England for the first time. Kind of like the US did during the civil war.

Nice job pulling an insult out of my lack of knowledge about a holiday from half way around the world.
Also despite people like you making me think you don't deserve it I respect and am impressed with the
steps Australia has taken considering England fucked them over kind of like in India. Every country England
Uh, what? Since when would you know the first thing about the British Empire? Those countries were both prosperous AND stable before the Empire dissolved. I mean, look at Zimbabwe, formerly Rhodesia. Sure, it had its issues, but the country was doing alright for itself. Then along comes Mugabe, overthrows the Brits, and the place is an absolute shithole now. And ANZAC day has jack fucking shite to do with independence.

Also, don't start. Not in this thread. If you really did have any fucking respect at all, you wouldn't have said what you just did.

Phobias
April 24th, 2008, 10:42 PM
:words:

Leave this thread.

I was at the Dawn service in Kempsey.

Missed the march at 10 due to...well, my head hit a pillow extremely hard and no-one bothered to pry me from it.

Bastards.

Boba
April 24th, 2008, 10:43 PM

...I know what it is. :v:

Classicthunder
April 24th, 2008, 10:49 PM
I like how I say "after they left" and you pull examples form before.

"Coming just 14 years after federation, the Gallipoli campaign was one of the first international events that saw Australians taking part as Australians. As such, it has been seen as a key event in forging a sense of national identity."
http://www.abc.net.au/news/background/2008/04/24/2226523.htm

^^That what I meant as independent as in self reliant and able to made decisions for themselves. Also I just said I respect that. Nice job taking the compliment.

rossmum
April 24th, 2008, 10:53 PM
England didn't leave them you idiot. Armed nationalistic sorts drove them out eventually.

Just shut the fuck up, you have no idea what you're talking about. I'm fucking sick of you and your constant snide comments, thinking you know shit when you don't know the first bloody thing. ANZAC day is a commemoration of the brotherhood between Australia and New Zealand and our fallen soldiers, not some fucking independence bullshit. Fuck off.

Bodzilla
April 24th, 2008, 10:54 PM
^

n00b1n8R
April 24th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Marched with the school band in town.
Wore the medal's of my old neighbor (He fought in WW2 on the Kokoda trail, died a few years back and left me and my bro his medals).

Now I am le tired.

OmegaDragon
April 24th, 2008, 11:07 PM
Remember those who have fallenhttp://img87.imageshack.us/img87/5931/23c26260ip5.gif

Classicthunder
April 24th, 2008, 11:30 PM
England didn't leave them you idiot. Armed nationalistic sorts drove them out eventually.

Just shut the fuck up, you have no idea what you're talking about. I'm fucking sick of you and your constant snide comments, thinking you know shit when you don't know the first bloody thing. ANZAC day is a commemoration of the brotherhood between Australia and New Zealand and our fallen soldiers, not some fucking independence bullshit. Fuck off.

Nice job trolling jackass. None of you Australians would explain it so I checked out some Australian newspapers. They support what i just said. My Aussie friend supported what I just said. Don't bitch about me being uninformed if your going to flame me when I ask for clarification.

Anyways get your head out of your ass and you might be able to see what I'm saying. I was complimenting your country for developing and becoming an independent international force. I never said anything bad about your country at all or anything bad about you soldiers you lost. I never said anything bad about the British either. I said many of the counties they left had economic issues. And then right afterwards I complimented you for facing them.

My two points though.
1. Don't flame me for being ignorant when I don't know about something and you ask for info. My Aussie friend equated it to a sort of independence day so nice flame there.

2. Read what I say before answering dammit. I clearly say after Ross. Nice flaming while you expressing agreement with me. Many counties had economic difficulties after the British left. To reiterate congrats Australia for your development and success where many nations had a lot of difficulty.

Damn you people. I ask for clarification and then compliment you and you still act like jerks.

n00b1n8R
April 24th, 2008, 11:37 PM
Drop the drama, now.
Everybody.

rossmum
April 24th, 2008, 11:40 PM
Nice job trolling jackass.
hypocrisy is so awesome don't you agree

None of you Australians would explain it so I checked out some Australian newspapers. They support what i just said. My Aussie friend supported what I just said. Don't bitch about me being uninformed if your going to flame me when I ask for clarification.
Uh then you're obviously reading them wrong because it has nothing to do with the sort of "HEY FUCK YOU ENGLAND WE DON'T NEED YOU" shit your independence day does

Anyways get your head out of your ass and you might be able to see what I'm saying.
Uh sorry what's this oh it's that irony stuff again gosh where did it come from

I was complimenting your country for developing and becoming an independent international force. I never said anything bad about your country at all or anything bad about you soldiers you lost.
In the same post you decided it was a good idea to start shit with Zilla in a thread dedicated to said soldiers, that's some real amazing respect you must have there

I never said anything bad about the British either. I said many of the counties they left had economic issues. And then right afterwards I complimented you for facing them.
Actually you pretty much said the British fucked up every country they'd 'left' (if you knew the first thing about countries other than your own you'd realise they didn't 'leave' anywhere, they were forced out), that sounds pretty negative to me

My two points though.
1. Don't flame me for being ignorant when I don't know about something and you ask for info. My Aussie friend equated it to a sort of independence day so nice flame there.
1. Don't come into a thread about fallen soldiers and start with the same "I'm superior to you by the way obviously I know more about your own country's history than you do" attitude you seem to display everywhere else. Also, your friend is wrong, because it's nothing like an independence day and I'm quite sure a lot of Aussies can back me up on that.

2. Read what I say before answering dammit. I clearly say after Ross. Nice flaming while you expressing agreement with me. Many counties had economic difficulties after the British left. To reiterate congrats Australia for your development and success where many nations had a lot of difficulty.
2. Don't try and make statements like you did when you don't understand what the fuck you're talking about, as per usual.

Now kindly remove yourself from this thread (the forum would be preferable, however).

Damn you people. I ask for clarification and then compliment you and you still act like jerks.
Yeah because you're not acting like a complete prick at all

e:

@ n00b - posted while I was typing this

Classicthunder
April 24th, 2008, 11:58 PM
Ross I hand you this thread and leave the whole damn forum if you tell what shit I started with bod. In quotes and nice and clear. Bet you won't find it though.

Bodzilla
April 24th, 2008, 11:59 PM
oh i can point that out. This is a thread commemorating the fallen Australian soldiers, and you come in here and de-rail it.

and this is the SECOND TIME you've done this TODAY.

rossmum
April 24th, 2008, 11:59 PM
WELL GOODNESS ME WHAT'S THIS

Go on, try and squirm out of it like I know you will. You won't leave because your word is worth about as much as the contents of a septic truck.

CN3089
April 25th, 2008, 12:00 AM
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/emot-downswords.gif

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/emot-frogout.gif

Stop shitting up this thread, you horrible cockbag.

n00b1n8R
April 25th, 2008, 12:03 AM
For people bitching about this guy de-railing the thread, your sure doing a good job helping him.

Classicthunder
April 25th, 2008, 12:04 AM
WELL GOODNESS ME WHAT'S THIS

Go on, try and squirm out of it like I know you will. You won't leave because your word is worth about as much as the contents of a septic truck.

Ahh but see here's the start "and that my friend is exactly why you have red rep." That seem like the start to me. ;)

CN3089
April 25th, 2008, 12:07 AM
Ahh but see here's the start "and that my friend is exactly why you have red rep." That seem like the start to me. ;)
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/frogouthuge.gif

Bodzilla
April 25th, 2008, 12:07 AM
you know what. fuck this.
You can dig your own grave someplace else.

i'm locking this until you go to bed.

Bodzilla
April 25th, 2008, 02:30 AM
righto it's open again and classic's been banned.

try to keep it on topic fellas. I'm keen to hear what some of the Kiwi's got up to :)

Syuusuke
April 25th, 2008, 10:17 AM
Made of a wheel nut off a truck and a toothbrush handle.

OH yea, that was your dad who made it... during a battle?

...never heard of Anzac Day until this very morning.

rossmum
April 25th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Maternal grandfather (he's pop, dad's dad, guess I called him that because mum used to always call him pop), and it was probably sometime between battles http://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-pseudo.gif

Mass
April 26th, 2008, 01:28 AM
Anzac day mourns Gallipoli right...
After which all Australian armies were lead by Austrialian generals, but during which British hurled Australian armies to bloody and pointless deaths.

It's very intresting how you actually actively mourn and take part, whereas Americans do jack shit on Veterans Day, beside flying the flag.

I wish I could feel comfortable with patriotism. Fucking right wing murdered it for me.

n00b1n8R
April 26th, 2008, 01:31 AM
In times like that, I find it useful to remember this quote:

Patriotism is always being loyal to your country, and only being loyal to your government when they deserve it.

rossmum
April 26th, 2008, 01:58 AM
I get to be loyal to 3 countries at the same time :haw:

n00b1n8R
April 26th, 2008, 02:30 AM
No, you get to be a traitor to 2 counties at once. :eng101:

Bodzilla
April 26th, 2008, 02:35 AM
well once of the WW2 Vets said it best when they interviewed him on tv.

"It's important to remember Anzac day, and the boys that didnt make it home. Because those boys dont have medals, they have graves."

Llama Juice
April 27th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Ah well, still wearing my pop's DIY ring in his regimental colours. Haven't taken it off since mum gave me it.

I lul'd

rossmum
April 27th, 2008, 11:24 AM
I lul'd
old photo

over a year

lul'd

Llama Juice
April 27th, 2008, 11:44 AM
old photo

over a year

lul'd

The way you said it, it sounded like you've had it forevah. I guess I made an ass out of you and me.

I wonder if anyone will understand that last part....

rossmum
April 27th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Nah. Mum showed me it a few years ago, but didn't give it to me until it fit my finger properly.

Llama Juice
April 27th, 2008, 11:55 AM
mmmhm... yea... sure...

"Ohh ring! Where's my camera?!"

Your story doesn't hold up well Ross.... you're going to have to try harder. We need some proof. Photo of when you got the ring maybe? Video of you putting the ring on your finger perchance?

rossmum
April 27th, 2008, 11:56 AM
http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?p=52027&highlight=rign#post52027

check the date bish

Llama Juice
April 27th, 2008, 12:10 PM
It's not concrete, but it'll do. Nice to see someone provide evidence for claims they make around here.

rossmum
April 27th, 2008, 12:11 PM
It doesn't even come off my finger anymore, I tried to move it so I could scratch and it wouldn't budge :)

Bad Waffle
April 28th, 2008, 06:07 PM
spit on it, natural lubricant. Just like masturbating, only getting a ring off so it doesnt constrict blood flow and eventually the bone.

Con
April 28th, 2008, 06:33 PM
spit on it, natural lubricant. Just like masturbating, only getting a ring off so it doesnt constrict blood flow and eventually the bone.
Pretty much the same thing for you anyway isn't it? :)