PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] Security Helmet.

itszutak
April 27th, 2008, 01:25 PM
I really want that helmet.

However, I have not been able to get an overkill, a 2for1, or a few other achievements.

Anybody have suggestions?

Zeph
April 27th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Play a game where it's a free for all king of the kill and nade spam.

Caboos001
April 27th, 2008, 02:00 PM
playing sword rounds on maps such as Snowbound is a great way to get overkills. cut down a few people or be an ass and toss a frag in the center of a larg fight. Two for One is a kind of hard one. If you can manage to get ahold of the Spartan Laser and go camp off in some far corner with it; you have a good chance of finding a larg fight in the distance you can just fire into. What other achievements do you need?

itszutak
April 27th, 2008, 02:05 PM
A lot.

. Campaign Complete: Heroic125 Finish the Campaign on Heroic (unlocks achievement for Normal, if not earned)
. Campaign Complete: Legendary125 Finish the Campaign on Legendary (unlocks achievements for Normal and Heroic, if not earned)
. Spartan Officer25 Advance to the Spartan Officer ranks (Online)
. Two for One5 Score a Double Kill with a single spartan laser shot in a ranked free for all playlist (Online).
). Overkill5 ]Kill 4 enemies within 4 seconds of one another in a ranked free for all playlist (Online).
Lee R Wilson Memorial5 ]Score 5 grenade sticks in any ranked free for all playlist (Online)
. We’re in for some Chop5 Destroy an enemy vehicle with equipment in a ranked playlist or in campaign
. Killing Frenzy5 Kill 10 enemies without dying in any ranked free for all playlist (Online)
. Steppin' Razor5 Score a Triple Kill with the sword in a ranked free for all playlist (Online).
. Maybe Next Time Buddy5 Board the same vehicle within 10 seconds after being boarded in any free for all playlist (Online
). Guerilla10 Score over 15,000 points in the Campaign meta-game on the first mission
. Demon10 Score over 15,000 points in the Campaign meta-game on the second mission
. Cavalier10 [Score over 15,000 points in the Campaign meta-game on the third mission
. Askar10 Score over 15,000 points in the Campaign meta-game on the fourth mission
n. Exterminator10 Score over 15,000 points in the Campaign meta-game on the fifth mission
. Ranger10 Score over 50,000 points in the Campaign meta-game on the sixth mission
. Orpheus10 Score over 15,000 points in the Campaign meta-game on the eighth mission
. Reclaimer10 Score over 15,000 points in the Campaign meta-game on the final mission.

Some of them should be fairly easy. Campaign ones I'll do on normal with a lot of skulls activated. I'm doing the campaign with some friends right now. Lee R Wilson, I just need to nade spam, and I'm not sure about the rest. They really nerfed the tripmine :/

Caboos001
April 27th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Yikes lol. All right I'll start off with the "Lee R Wilson Memorial" when I did this I was playing a king of the hill game in The Pit. Basically gather all the sticks you can then run to the hill once it been clocked down about half way. If you're not that great at stick just get in someone’s face and toss one. Kind of hard to miss when you do that.
Steppin' Razor5 and Killing Frenzy I got in the same round. It was swords in snowbound. again not to hard. You just need to stay back and trying picking people off one by one while they are fighting. Or you can spam frags. It may sound like a dick move and you may get yelled at in the post game lobby but hey, you go the achievement so it does not matter.
Maybe Next Time Buddy not as easy due to the 50% movement speed lost after being boarded. What I did was grab the ghost in snowbound and hang around the shield doors. When there I would constantly put myself in situations where I could be boarded. Once they would board me chances were that in the rush to get away they hit boost and get hung up on the shield door. Once that happened they were ripe for the picking.
Now as for the campaign scoring achievements, just turn on skulls that won’t effect game play too much for whatever level you are playing. for instance. While playing scoring on one of the pure flood levels I would turn on the skulls that up everyone’s rank and the ones that make them throw more grenades. Because the flood doesn’t have any ranks and don't use grenades it was free extra point. Though I think this may or may not of worked, was not really comparing to games scored on these levels with and without those skulls on.

EDIT:
And for the trip mine one just head into travisle (spelling) highway. When you get to the portion where you need to take down the first shield wall there should be masses of trip mines inside the little house things. Grab one and then a plasma pistol. Find a brute in a chopper and bring his health down a bit. After doing that over charge and blast the chopper then toss a mine in front of it. That should do the trick.

Heathen
April 27th, 2008, 03:58 PM
All the metagame achievements are extremely easy when you have the skulls on, and the other ones are easy.
Change your language to Korean and go to lone wolf. Then set it to prefer language. Pretty much everyone there are Americans (or at least English Speaking folk like Aus. or Eng.) looking for Achievements.

itszutak
April 27th, 2008, 04:02 PM
But dosn't that mean that any achievements you get will be displayed in Korean? I'd rather get them honestly :/

Heathen
April 27th, 2008, 04:23 PM
No, all you have to do is recover your gamertag.....and it is getting them the right way....just in a different right way.

Arteen
April 27th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Spartan Officer25 Advance to the Spartan Officer ranks (Online)
Just play, play, play. Just concentrate on other achievements and you'll get it eventually.

Two for One5 Score a Double Kill with a single spartan laser shot in a ranked free for all playlist (Online).
I got this on Snowbound, when two people were rushing each other on top of one of the bases. It would probably be easier if you camp near the shotgun spawn and laser people when they start fighting in there. You can probably do the same on Construct.

Overkill5 ]Kill 4 enemies within 4 seconds of one another in a ranked free for all playlist (Online).
Luck. I got it on Snowbound in the shotgun area. Maybe you'll get lucky and get it on a swords match.

Lee R Wilson Memorial5 ]Score 5 grenade sticks in any ranked free for all playlist (Online)
Guardian.

. We’re in for some Chop5 Destroy an enemy vehicle with equipment in a ranked playlist or in campaign
Try and mine the Wriath on Tsavo. You'll need to weaken it first, so make sure to have a Fuel Rod too.

. Killing Frenzy5 Kill 10 enemies without dying in any ranked free for all playlist (Online)
Don't die.

. Steppin' Razor5 Score a Triple Kill with the sword in a ranked free for all playlist (Online).
Just hope for a swords match.

. Maybe Next Time Buddy5 Board the same vehicle within 10 seconds after being boarded in any free for all playlist (Online).
On Snowbound, drive the ghost into the shotgun area.

Timo
April 27th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Guardian.

I actually found this much easier on Epitaph. There's a bunch of spike grenades lying around, and all you have to do is stick people in the face as you meet them coming in and out of the main room from any door :-D

itszutak
April 27th, 2008, 11:48 PM
Bah, this means I'll have to actually study these maps and find the spawnpoints of stuff.

Anybody got a list of lone wolf maps and gametypes?

t3h m00kz
May 1st, 2008, 10:05 PM
I feel like an ass... I cheated for the 2 for 1 achievement. Found a room full of people that all wanted it. Everything else though I got legit... but god damn that 2 for 1. It was the last one I needed ;[

itszutak
May 1st, 2008, 11:27 PM
Moral dilemma here. I just spent hours beating the campaign on Legendary, and I know I'll be putting a lot of effort into getting the points neccicary to beat the game.

It feels to me as if the MP achievements are more luck than skill; if I "boosted" to get them, is that really wrong? Most of the effort in getting Security comes from the SP...

Heathen
May 1st, 2008, 11:48 PM
the metagame achievements?

How is it hard? I would get surplus points....sometimes 3 or 4 times than needed....

no sarcasm or lieing.

Timo
May 2nd, 2008, 12:09 AM
Lucked out with Swords on Snowbound and got both triples, even though the third kill was with a frag. Overkill and two for one left now D:

Personally I think it's fine getting the achievements in a group. If you're able to co-ordinate a group of 6 (or five?) people without mics and get them to do stuff is a pretty decent feat in itself.

the metagame achievements?

How is it hard? I would get surplus points....sometimes 3 or 4 times than needed....

no sarcasm or lieing.

I think you'll find MP = Multiplayer, not meta-game ;)

supersniper
May 3rd, 2008, 10:09 AM
Meh I got a 2 for 1 kill with my spartan lazer. Did it later with a sniper but that one was so lucky. I suggest using a laser at the base at Valhalla when they fly off the man cannon.

itszutak
May 3rd, 2008, 10:54 AM
Wait, so you can get 2for1 in a non-lone wolves game?

How about the overkill achievement?

...Actually, I think I'll do a bit more research on this.

Terry
May 3rd, 2008, 02:37 PM
Wait, so you can get 2for1 in a non-lone wolves game?

How about the overkill achievement?

...Actually, I think I'll do a bit more research on this.

I think its only free for all. And it really isn't that hard to get you just have to be ready to do whatever it takes.

Both of these achievements are best done in objective games like KOTH and Oddball where everyone is running to one point.

Also, I got my two for one on High Ground TS. I followed a ghost with the lazer and it happened to be chasing this guy. So I placed my reticle in the middle of the guy and the ghost, while still keeping it red. Achievement unlocked.

I got my first overkill when everyone was running top centre in Guardian. They were all running at the "play ball" , I believe, and I just nade spammed everyone and finished them off with the AR.

The only achievements that I find ridiculously hard are Steppi'n Razor and freaking Mongoose Mow down. The opportunities escape me or some bullshit occurs where I should have gotten it but didn't.

itszutak
May 3rd, 2008, 03:00 PM
I got mongoose mowdown when someone was AFK at the start of the game. Took two tries to run them over still :/

Elite Killa
May 4th, 2008, 12:26 AM
For Lee R. Wilson, I would try it on Snowbound or Epitaph, where there's shield doors. This way, it'll be easier to aim at people with it since they're so close to you and you're safe.

For overkill, on a FFA KotH, use a bubble shield or something on the hill and let everyone charge at you and you get your overkill (if you can).

itszutak
May 4th, 2008, 01:03 AM
I got Lee R. Wilson by just picking up grenades and throwing them instead of meleeing. >_>

Timo
May 4th, 2008, 01:40 AM
I noticed it was actually really easy to get, as it seems that if you throw a grenade a split second before you die it actually throws, although I guess if you're used to playing with really low ping that makes sense to you. Mongoose mowdown is a bit of luck, but I found that just driving through where the shotgun spawns in isolation did the trick for me.

p0lar_bear
May 5th, 2008, 12:08 AM
The only multiplayer achievement I'm missing is Two for One. It's goddamn IMPOSSIBLE to get; every time I have the laser...
I get killed within 3 seconds of picking it up.
I only encounter singles.
I get killed as I'm charging it with the opportunity right in front of me.

The only achievement I've cheated for thus far is Maybe Next Time Buddy. I scored my Overkill with a lucky Bubble Shield/Shotgun combo on Snowbound, Lee R Wilson on a swords match on Snowbound, and Mongoose Mowdown I got within the first week of owning the game; just drove it around Isolation like an idiot until someone was dumb enough to back up against a wall.

I don't think I'm ever going to get 241, to be honest. I hit rank 34 in Lone Wolves trying to clean up those last acheivements and then Matchmaking just started following every negative stereotype I have ever heard right down to the letter. :/

Hotrod
May 5th, 2008, 04:43 PM
I got my Two For One by luck. One guy wasn't there, AFK if you'd like, and I went to shoot him, and another guy popped in front of me right as I shot, hitting them both. This was on Construct. I also got it a second time, on Construct again. One guy was near the big Grav Lift, and was shooting at a guy above him, on the platform thing. I charged my laser, and the guy that was on top jumped down, as the guy on the bottom jumped up. I hit them both while they were in the air, next to each other.

itszutak
May 7th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Woohoo, just got overkill. It was a crazy kings game on the Pit, so I got on the turret and shot anyone going into the hill.

itszutak
June 10th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Bump. Just got all the achievments; I gave in and did 2for1 and steppin' razor by changing the language preferences. All the others, I did without assistance. :)

Limited
June 10th, 2008, 05:58 PM
I dont see why people go out to perposly get the online achiemevents. Yes do that for SP, of course. But MP? Why cant you just play and be like "oh I got achievement woot!".

I'm new to the whole thing and pretty much suck, I have a few achievements just by playing the game, its probably easier to get them that way as you arent always trying to do one thing in a game and just constantly dying.

So yeah, just dont try to go for them, play normally and after a while you will get them..hopefully :)

itszutak
June 10th, 2008, 06:08 PM
I did it for the security helmet; normally, I don't care for achievements or even for ranked competition.

Heathen
June 10th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Security and Katana.

Masterz1337
June 16th, 2008, 11:56 AM
I eventually earned all mine legit. For overkill, in multi team i wait till I get a needler and carbine, and wait on top of the bases while everyone runs to the hill. Almost got a killtacular that way one time. If there is KOTH on snowbound on Snowbound FFA, I'd try that.

Heathen
June 16th, 2008, 06:42 PM
I fell outa halo 3 because it bores me. I do the same things on the same maps and I end up with the same scores.

Limited
June 17th, 2008, 02:39 AM
Overkill, thats basically 4 kills within 4 seconds of each other right? I dont see how that is so hard to get, yeah you need to be lucky that the 4 people come to you. :)

I got lieutenant so I got rogue helmet :) Even though that account is now old as I'm getting gold today on new main one =\

Hotrod
June 17th, 2008, 10:01 AM
Overkill, thats basically 4 kills within 4 seconds of each other right? I dont see how that is so hard to get, yeah you need to be lucky that the 4 people come to you. :)

It's actually harder than you might think. Your shields don't have time to recharge between enemies, and if the first one took them all out, chances are you won't be able to get the second one.

JDMFSeanP
June 17th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Yeah and with the AR noob gun and nades that have the radius of fucking nukes, nothing is easy.

xtremestunt
June 17th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Oh try to do KoTH in an open place, spam all nades and take a shotty, if its in a place with powerups, take the camo or OvS

Terry
June 18th, 2008, 04:49 PM
My friend is going to pretty much hate me now :P
He's been trying so hard to get the Triplekill, Overkill and Steppin' Razor achievements since he started playing with me and he still doesn't have them.

So because my account is going down soon, I have to redo my achievements on this one and here I go zip zop zippity bop!

http://www.bungie.net/forums/posts.aspx?h3fileid=40372869
http://www.bungie.net/forums/posts.aspx?h3fileid=40372978

T_T Extreme luck.

Its all situational, but you want to try to get people to move towards you or one specific spot. Manipulate them. I didn't have to do much of that either time I got the achievement, but the few overkills that I did get involved tricking people to group closely together.
Someone in this thread mentioned taking alot of damage from a person, but you can always just position yourself to catch them completely off guard. Naturally you want to get the achievement so try doing quick kills like grenade+br or mauler+melee and nades in the right situation.

Limited
June 19th, 2008, 06:18 AM
Pretty sure two for one kill is going to the hardest for me to get. Time to play some ranked matches and get a few :D

CabooseJr
June 27th, 2008, 10:07 PM
If anybody needs help with achievements, I will be happy to help.

Saggy
June 27th, 2008, 10:21 PM
I just need the Spartan Officer achievement, but every time I play online I end up sucking in free for all games or my team loses in team games. I tried playing a double exp playlist but lost every game.

As of now I'm only a level 12 in Lone Wolves and have 36 exp points. I've got a long ways to go.

p0lar_bear
June 27th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Yeah, I just did the whole deal with switching the language to Korean and then matchmaking with language priority to get 2 4 1.

It's not as quick and simple as it sounds; even "cheating" for your achievement isn't easy. For one, there weren't a lot of people at my skill level seeing as it took forever to find a match, and even then a majority of the games I played were all against failing boosters who were too busy jerking off over their stats to help a brotha out.

But yeah, now I can finally go back to social playlists. I am happy.

Limited
June 28th, 2008, 04:27 AM
Lets just say I'm on the same wave length as pbear.

I only have overkill and legendary completion to get :)

MithosK
July 1st, 2008, 09:58 AM
Well, I was intent on getting the achievements legit.
I eventually got a KotH match on the pit, I grabbed the sword and proceeded to get an over-kill. I was happy, because I thought I just got the sexy tusk helmet, but no, live didn’t give me the Steppin' Razor achievement, just Triple and Over Kill, after that I was pissed and went Korean.