PDA

View Full Version : "GTFO lagger, you're making the server lag!"

Syuusuke
February 9th, 2007, 09:41 PM
A true story...

Once a upon a time, in Yoyorast Island, Diesel's III server, some guy was telling some other guy to leave because he was lagging the server up.

I tell him, "A person lagging does not lag the server up, rather it only lags himself up."

He tells me that players with ping of >200 lags the server up...then continues to tell me that I have no knowledge of Halo...great. Then I continue to ask if he sees players warping, because if so, then that client must be downloading some pr0n. He tells me no one is warping and again say that I know nothing of Halo. Of course I don't.

My question is this: If a player is lagging, does it lag the server up, besides the warping.

InnerGoat
February 9th, 2007, 10:17 PM
Uh, yes. only that player would warp though.. at least for me.

Pooky
February 9th, 2007, 10:37 PM
When there's a laggy guy in the server for me it usually only lags me if I'm in the lagger's immediate vicinity

DaneO'Roo
February 9th, 2007, 11:12 PM
Not true.

it's not believe me I fucking know. I may warp to you, but my whole screen warps, to the point where I don't know where I am. But I'm not lagging the server. Only myself.

mech
February 9th, 2007, 11:37 PM
Err it lags the server...

Because I use to crash servers by spiking my ping up with some friends, yea we were assholes that thought it was funny.

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
February 10th, 2007, 12:47 AM
Yeah, with Halo's netcode, it doesn't effect only the client (like in Halo 2).

Syuusuke
February 10th, 2007, 08:08 AM
My old dial up ping was 200-400 =S

It sort of doesn't make sense, but then again if you apply some logic it does make sense...oh well

Limited
February 10th, 2007, 08:30 AM
I was owning in one of the only european servers (its bg 24/7) some dude came in, I owned him he was like "YEAH well i have 169 ping and you have 69 ping".

The one time I dont have high ping and others do people say i own because of pings. All the time when I was the lagger I said about pings, they just say "yeah watever"

Pings do effect everyone, because say I have 70 ping, some dude has 800 ping.

Hes lagging around like a mofo and hes missing me because hes lagging at his pc, I cant hit him well because hes jumping around due to lag so it appears in once place then suddenly a different place.

Syuusuke
February 10th, 2007, 10:11 AM
Thus warping, but the guy at Diesel's said that he wasn't warping, I think he just looked at this ping and said "GTFO" and he was probably experiencing lag of his own, and so was I.

Zeph
February 10th, 2007, 10:14 AM
It only lags the server in a sense that the motion prediction will become messed up.

Edward Elrich
February 14th, 2007, 10:27 AM
I have to disagree with all of you. I was once on the server with a ping of around 1500 and wasn't lagging at all (and no one was complaining about lag). But I was on a comp with good graphics, which may have made a difference.)

Limited
February 14th, 2007, 10:37 AM
I have to disagree with all of you. I was once on the server with a ping of around 1500 and wasn't lagging at all (and no one was complaining about lag). But I was on a comp with good graphics, which may have made a difference.)
Did you attempt to kill any one? If so I bet alot of your shots missed yeah?

Edward Elrich
February 14th, 2007, 11:02 AM
Nope, they hit. No lag, even when I was shooting. (but then my internet spazzed out and I lost the connection)

Limited
February 14th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Nope, they hit. No lag, even when I was shooting. (but then my internet spazzed out and I lost the connection)Yeah thats like the ultimate lag right there, it makes you loose connection aka timing out...

Edward Elrich
February 14th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Don't know why, though. It runs fine without the ping for a couple minutes, then gets uber-ping. (I may be exceeding bandwidth somehow...)

Phopojijo
February 15th, 2007, 03:57 PM
Most netcodes lag up horribly as laggy people are entered. Not so much with Halo, but it does happen (particularly when attempting to shoot him specifically.)

In, for instance, 2142 -- a couple 250 pingers will make movement next-to-impossible on the titans. UT -- high pingers will cause fairly consistent lag across all people. Don't even think about having a lagging in a lockstep netcode. For the most part though, Halo is pretty well laggy regardless of who's got what ping... provided you're not the one with the bad case of limp tubes.

HDoan
February 17th, 2007, 01:44 AM
every time i host, when im about to snipe someone, boom warped and im host.. is that even possiible o.O