PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] Website

Zeph
April 30th, 2008, 10:52 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/zeph483/WIPs/one.jpg

What you see is my super-quick website template for temporarily housing a portfolio website. The design is quick, simple, and fast. The only problem I've come up with is I didn't give much thought into balancing the orange. Not looking for any critique on color or design, just looking for a bit of help on solving the balance as my mind is pretty much fried right now. Colors are FaFaFa, FF9900, 333333, 454545, and 666666. I haven't thought much about background outside of the slices, but if anything, it'll probably be darker than CaCaCa to help push the content a bit forward..

Feel free to use the top left hand of the page as part of a solution in balance. I honestly haven't thought of exactly what I'll be putting in there.

Rob Oplawar
May 1st, 2008, 01:16 AM
Isn't it a bit early to be posting this for crit?
The obvious answer to the top left corner is a title/logo of some sort. Idk how well the text would balance the image, but then, I'm a web developer, not a web designer. :D

Patrickssj6
May 1st, 2008, 03:43 AM
You know how ironically cool it would be implementing the slice information onto the website? :awesome:

Hunter
May 1st, 2008, 12:38 PM
How do you add those section things?

Zeph
May 1st, 2008, 05:17 PM
Isn't it a bit early to be posting this for crit?

Funny, I didn't ask for a critique.

How do you add those section things?
They're called slices.

Bad Waffle
May 1st, 2008, 07:11 PM
but zeph...why else would you post it?

Limited
May 1st, 2008, 08:08 PM
Dear god, tables. Please use div tags Zeph <3.

Part from that looking good, needs a dash of colour but thats obvious.

Timo
May 1st, 2008, 08:10 PM

Not looking for any critique on color or design, just looking for a bit of help on solving the balance as my mind is pretty much fried right now.

Limited
May 1st, 2008, 08:15 PM
Do you mean, what colour should you fill the like top banner thing?

Zeph
May 1st, 2008, 08:26 PM

Not looking for any critique on color or design, just looking for a bit of help on solving the balance as my mind is pretty much fried right now.
:(
nobody ever listens to me.

Snowy
May 1st, 2008, 08:44 PM
I'll be honest with you. The design is way too simple. And slicing templates is bad.

The design is so simple, it's really hard to "balance" any thing, as it's so simple, there isn't anything to balance.

Limited
May 1st, 2008, 08:50 PM
My main thoughts is its a bit too large, portfolio sites are usually quite small and sweet. Therefore you have less space to fill.

Rob Oplawar
May 1st, 2008, 10:32 PM
Therefore you have less space to fill.
Lol, I'll have to remember that

Hunter
May 2nd, 2008, 03:05 AM
Im working on my own now :D