PDA

View Full Version : [UNREAL] GoW PC fun cheat mod (old?)

Caboose O'Malley
May 2nd, 2008, 02:09 PM
The Mod.txt file - Only a text file, but that's it. (http://www.mediafire.com/?biyymjlxzx2)

Well, got bored and started fiddling around with GOW again.
I've had this "mod" for a long time and it's been changing only a bit in the past. Thought I'd share it.

Cheat Mod for Gears of War (PC)
Installation:
Place the text file (Mod.txt) into your default GOW binaries folder.
Example:
C:\Program files\Microsoft Games\Gears of War\Binaries\
Then, in game, open up the console (usually the tilde key) and type:
exec Mod.txt
Effects in game:
-increased health to all allies and Marcus, thus only the chainsaw can kill you as it is an insta-kill weapon.
-Increased clip size, ammo capasity amd how much there is of it, so you won't run out of it ever again.
-Weapons have been tweaked to be a little stronger (some more accurate, some have a larger explosion radius, some have higher ROF etc).
-Headshots deadlier, but other bodyparts tougher.
-You can get to cover from a longer distance.
-Active reload's easier to get and Perfect Active Reload damage boost bonus is a lot better now and lasts longer plus your buddies use it too.
-Tweaks to AI; they can do new tricks...
-Other minor tweaks that you can look into later.
NOTES!
A)
Achievements are deactivated by the use of this cheat mod (or any cheat mod for that matter), but look
on the bright side, atleast it won't crash your game like those trainers do.
B)
Some of the commands aren't always located in a certain level
(the one you're in at the moment when you activate the mod for instance)
So you might have to re-activate the mod with the command, but they stay on in the rest of the levels.
C)
The mod deactivates after either going back to the main menu or by restarting the game.
D)
If you can't get the console to work then try editing the Warinput.ini file in your
Username\My Documents\My games\Gears of War for Windows\Wargame\Config folder, specifically these lines:
[Engine.Console]
ConsoleKey=Tilde <--Which key the console is
TypeKey=Tilde <--Should be the same as the console key!!
bEnableUI=True <--This needs to be set to TRUE
E)
If you have a Gold LIVE account then either disable it or make a new account (silver or local) to use the
Commands, I noticed difficulties when using a gold account and commands.
You can look into the mod.txt file for more details and even some info on how to tweak it yourself!
But if you have any questions then you can just type them here and I'll try to come back regulary to answer them.

This is as far as my "modding" skills go in GoW BTW...

Wakeboy1337
May 6th, 2008, 09:02 AM
This is really entertaining and fun to mess around with. Thanks Caboose :D

repping

Caboose O'Malley
May 6th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the feedback!
P.S. Some of the values are universal ones which override other cvars if they're placed last so remember that if you're going to do some of your own editing. I've placed them in an rather easy-to-read and simple order in the txt file.

Wakeboy1337
May 7th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Just wondering, did you shut off achevments or does the game notice a hack has been started and it shuts them off automaticly?

I want to take out everything in the text file but the supter health commend. But I'd rather not be banned from live.( Or risk it)

Caboose O'Malley
May 7th, 2008, 10:36 AM
Just wondering, did you shut off achevments or does the game notice a hack has been started and it shuts them off automaticly?

I want to take out everything in the text file but the supter health commend. But I'd rather not be banned from live.( Or risk it)

Yeah LIVE automatically notices if you're using console commands so it notices also if you use this mod. You won't get banned, it's just useless as LIVE "locks" all the commands when using Gold accounts or when going to multiplayer.
Still, it's fun to mess around with and if you're going to use the health tweak, why not go all the way and tweak everything else to your liking since it doesn't matter anymore at that point. LIVE even disables the achievements when you're using some of the performance tweaks-- Just type "set" into the console and it already disables something!

Wakeboy1337
May 8th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Disables achievemnets when I use performance tweaks? Thats just wrong D:

Caboose O'Malley
May 8th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Disables achievemnets when I use performance tweaks? Thats just wrong D:

That's LIVE.

Wakeboy1337
May 9th, 2008, 10:26 AM
Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of it. But it's not all bad, I can talk to people from school much easier now, and talk to players in game without having to stop and type crap.

My favorite thing is the feedback system and the report cheater feature.

Caboose O'Malley
May 9th, 2008, 10:35 AM
The thing about Windows LIVE is that it's a port, and not a really successful one.... And it really limits modding for games using it, which is a pity (What with Microsoft hating people who like to mod and thus expanding the life cycle of games etc) as Gears of War would be a nice game to mod.
But this is as much as I can think of doing within the limits.
If you wish anymore help or explanation on the commands then feel free to ask.

Phopojijo
May 9th, 2008, 02:59 PM
The thing about Windows LIVE is that it's a port, and not a really successful one.... And it really limits modding for games using it, which is a pity (What with Microsoft hating people who like to mod and thus expanding the life cycle of games etc) as Gears of War would be a nice game to mod.
But this is as much as I can think of doing within the limits.
If you wish anymore help or explanation on the commands then feel free to ask.Microsoft is trying to ween people into microtransactions... that's hard with free user-generated content and people being used to getting bonus packs for free.

KIWIDOGGIE
May 10th, 2008, 12:02 AM
I like to see more stuff like this. And GoW's addresses are protected(more than Halo 2's)

Caboose O'Malley
May 10th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Currently I've been trying to make the physics more realistic.
set Engine.WorldInfo DefaultGravityZ -1500.0 // originally -750.0
set Engine.WorldInfo RBPhysicsGravityScaling 2.0 // originally 1.0
-- Been messing with those two lines; they do make the bodies heavier but the player character still pushes them forward like they were balloons.

Fun thing to do:
change the value of the DefaultGravityZ to zero and everything will be like in zero gravity ;)

Oh, if you wish to play with those values yourself, then just simply copy them and paste them into the Mod.txt file, like under the Left-over stuff.

Wakeboy1337
May 11th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Currently I've been trying to make the physics more realistic.
set Engine.WorldInfo DefaultGravityZ -1500.0 // originally -750.0
set Engine.WorldInfo RBPhysicsGravityScaling 2.0 // originally 1.0
-- Been messing with those two lines; they do make the bodies heavier but the player character still pushes them forward like they were balloons.

Fun thing to do:
change the value of the DefaultGravityZ to zero and everything will be like in zero gravity ;)

Oh, if you wish to play with those values yourself, then just simply copy them and paste them into the Mod.txt file, like under the Left-over stuff.

Cool, I might try those two lines

Can I change mod files during game like "mod" and "mod2" in case I dont like What I've got on or set?

Caboose O'Malley
May 11th, 2008, 10:03 PM
Cool, I might try those two lines

Can I change mod files during game like "mod" and "mod2" in case I dont like What I've got on or set?

Yeah sure, but I find it easier to just keep the Mod.txt file open in the background and edit it, then save, go back to game and execute it.