PDA

View Full Version : Apathy.

itszutak
May 2nd, 2008, 09:22 PM
I've been sitting here for an hour with a shit-ton of work to do (Finals month :( ), and I...can't get myself to start it.

I seem to be just extremely depressed right now. I think about things going wrong, and I can't stop it.

What the hell should I do right now? I need to cheer myself up, but nothing I've tried worked. I can't motivate myself to move from this fucking chair.

Timo
May 2nd, 2008, 09:23 PM
Go for a drive/walk to nowhere and back. Both of those generally let me clear my head.

itszutak
May 2nd, 2008, 09:24 PM
Can't. Not old enough to drive, and it's too dark/cold outside to walk.

StankBacon
May 2nd, 2008, 09:25 PM
going for a walk with no destination always works for me.

just take in your surroundings.

Terin
May 2nd, 2008, 09:26 PM
TF2. It's free on Steam! :awesome:

But seriously, getting some fresh air or excersize (woah fail spelling) will help out a lot.

thehoodedsmack
May 2nd, 2008, 09:27 PM
HEY!........ Pack that shit in. /ZP reference

You think you're depressed now, think about your future, man. If you don't do your finals, you might fail your classes! Then you'll have to work at Burger-King your whole life, and you won't even have time to complain about how much stuff sucks, because you won't be able to afford internets! C'mon man, think about what you're working for, and put all your effort towards it. You probably won't miss much from stepping away from the computer for a few hours. We'll promise to keep the dramas to a minimum, k? I'm no professional motivator, but I feel there's nothing that gets a person moving more than knowing their livelihood is in danger. Hope I did something constructive. Otherwise, just ignore this whole post.

legionaire45
May 2nd, 2008, 09:28 PM
Funny, I've been feeling exactly like this for the past few days myself and for the exact same reason. I find that I just have to force myself to work, whether I want to or not. Getting away from the computer and other distractions helps. I also find that having a pet nearby helps - they make me happy, if you have one that might help.

EDIT: ^^ Oh yeah, that helps too xD. Now I'm going to go study for the SAT tomorrow =P.

Sel
May 2nd, 2008, 09:57 PM
TF2. It's free on Steam! :awesome:

But seriously, getting some fresh air or excersize (woah fail spelling) will help out a lot.

Shit thats awesome.

Also, itszutak, go get a nice warm cup of hot chocolate, or cocoa, or something, and put in some milk with it. That works for me most of the time.

Corndogman
May 2nd, 2008, 10:23 PM
My whole life is based on apathy. but like others have said take a walk somewhere, take in the nature, clear your head. I went camping a few weeks ago, and in the middle of the night a few of my friends and i went out into a big open field (800 acres) and there was so much fog you couldn't see 10 feet in front of you. It was amazing. you could just walk anywhere aimlessly, not seeing where your going or whats around you. It was like the whole entire world disappeared and all of its troubles went with it. The funnest thing ive done in a long time. Try to imagine yourself in a place like that, its like a breath of fresh air. definitely cheered me up. I cant wait to go back.

DrunkenSamus
May 2nd, 2008, 10:48 PM
Listen to motivational music. Always helps me no matter what mood I'm in.

ICEE
May 2nd, 2008, 10:50 PM
going for a walk with no destination always works for me.

just take in your surroundings.

last time I did that a punk tried to rob me. I think its best to go somewhere where you no that no one goes, like a "wild life park" (bigass field) or something.

rossmum
May 2nd, 2008, 11:17 PM
HEY!........ Pack that shit in. /ZP reference

You think you're depressed now, think about your future, man. If you don't do your finals, you might fail your classes! Then you'll have to work at Burger-King your whole life, and you won't even have time to complain about how much stuff sucks, because you won't be able to afford internets! C'mon man, think about what you're working for, and put all your effort towards it. You probably won't miss much from stepping away from the computer for a few hours. We'll promise to keep the dramas to a minimum, k? I'm no professional motivator, but I feel there's nothing that gets a person moving more than knowing their livelihood is in danger. Hope I did something constructive. Otherwise, just ignore this whole post.
That kind of shit just makes me even worse.

Rob Oplawar
May 2nd, 2008, 11:19 PM
Yeah, no matter how cold and/or dark it is, just put on a jacket and get a flashlight if need be, and go for a walk. That usually helps me.

n00b1n8R
May 2nd, 2008, 11:55 PM
That kind of shit just makes me even worse.
QFT.
and I'm suffering from a bad case of it now actually. I think I might go for a ride.

Bodzilla
May 2nd, 2008, 11:56 PM
You need a hit of endorphens.

go Fap.

Huero
May 3rd, 2008, 12:01 AM
It could be the stress. Find a way to relieve it.
Like exercise.
Or fapping.

ExAm
May 3rd, 2008, 02:13 AM
Going out and walking alone always makes me dwell on my thoughts more. When I'm depressed, I call up a friend, and we hang out. Being around people helps me let bad thoughts pass.

Tweek
May 3rd, 2008, 03:27 AM
I've been sitting here for an hour with a shit-ton of work to do (Finals month :( ), and I...can't get myself to start it.

I seem to be just extremely depressed right now. I think about things going wrong, and I can't stop it.

What the hell should I do right now? I need to cheer myself up, but nothing I've tried worked. I can't motivate myself to move from this fucking chair.

welcome to my world.

do what i do.
nothing, and just be awesome on the internets.

Rob Oplawar
May 3rd, 2008, 03:34 AM
^ XD
that makes me feel bad about my life- I do nothing and I'm not even awesome on the internets.

n00b1n8R
May 3rd, 2008, 04:43 AM
Hey guys, went for a 2 hour bike ride today.
I'm more than sufficiantly tired now, but i can actually think. :awesome:

itszutak
May 3rd, 2008, 10:48 AM
Thanks everyone, I feel a bit better now.

Fapped, shower, sleep, fap, shower, and now I think I might be ready for TWELVE HOURS OF SOLID SCHOOL WORK. >_<

Patrickssj6
May 3rd, 2008, 10:56 AM
Fapping always helps.

I can focus pretty good when drinking tea or chocolate/kakao...however you call that in English. :P

Limited
May 3rd, 2008, 09:25 PM
Nap, eat, drink water.

Helps me, as long as the nap is only 15 mins of less.

I have a nap nearly everyday, yup big baby, mates give me tons of stick for it but it gets the job done, plus uni is hard work.

You DO need sleep to think efficiently.

ExAm
May 3rd, 2008, 09:37 PM
I can't nap :(
Can't fall asleep with the slightest bit of light hitting my eyelids.

Limited
May 3rd, 2008, 09:41 PM
I can't nap :(
Can't fall asleep with the slightest bit of light hitting my eyelids.
Sunglasses
Those night eye pack things people use
Put your head under the pillow
Turn off the light
Install french style shutters onto the outside of your house so that when you close then no light whatsoever gets in.