PDA

View Full Version : [TF2] TF2 Internet Connection Problem

m13120
May 4th, 2008, 10:11 AM
So I just downloaded the free TF2 last night from Steam. My problem is that for some reason, my internet connection drops whenever I'm playing. Sometimes I'll get a couple minutes of playing TF2 when I am disconnected then when I try to join games it tells me that the server is not responding (the server list comes up, but I get that message for every single server I try to join). Also when I close TF2 after that, the entire internet connection in my house is dropped. The only way to make it connect again is to power cycle my modem/router. Then when I try to connect to games again, it tells me that the server is not responding and we go through the entire cycle again. If this problem is due to my modem/router, I have an Embarq EQ-660R modem and a Netgear WGR614v5 router. I don't know if this is a port forwarding problem or something else, if this problem has occured to anyone else or if anyone knows how to fix this, please post.

m13120
May 7th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Anyone..?

m13120
May 10th, 2008, 07:37 AM
Wow guys I could really use some help.

Con
May 10th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Don't triple post. Also, wrong section.

n00b1n8R
May 10th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Why is it the wrong section?
Exam had a thread in tech (http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9841) about a TF2 problem and it wasn't moved. <_<

m13120
May 10th, 2008, 07:15 PM
To be honest, that is the reason I posted in the Tech Talk section, because I saw that topic and decided it would be better to post there if I wanted some actual responses, but I guess not.

Also sorry for triple posting, especially since no one decided to reply for almost a week.

Either way, I would be deeply grateful if just anyone would please help me with this problem.

n00b1n8R
May 10th, 2008, 07:29 PM
I think nobody has replied because nobody has a clue what may be causing this.
Seems really strange to me.

Pooky
May 16th, 2008, 10:43 AM
I think nobody has replied because nobody has a clue what may be causing this.

This. Steam forums might be a better bet for you.