February 10th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Sexi :D

I still hate the AR's small rectile, I'm used to it having a big one :P

Zeph
February 10th, 2007, 05:07 PM
What the hell is in the first pic?

Masterz1337
February 10th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Warthog. The Shotty anims look exactly like the ones we had in CMT SPV1. I can't stand that HUD they have though.

ExAm
February 10th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Wtf Happened To The Sniper.

k4is3rxkh40s
February 10th, 2007, 05:18 PM

Exactly what I was thinking.

Also, is it me or does it seem like bungie sort of followed CMT with some of their HUD ideas? It seems really CMT-ish to me @.@

Pooky
February 10th, 2007, 06:03 PM
I was just thinking that any of those weapons look like something CMT could have done... but to be honest, I was expecting a LOT more of this game... I hope it's massively improved by the final build.

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
February 10th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Just because Bungie has a similar HUD design like CMT, does not mean they followed CMT's design at all.

:/

Stealth
February 10th, 2007, 06:12 PM
wow, I like it, but wtf it that thing in the top pic?

Limited
February 10th, 2007, 06:15 PM
wow, I like it, but wtf it that thing in the top pic?
Please read the posts in this thread, cheers..

Its a blown up warthog.

Any one else think the rectiles of off centre and not in the right place? Like snipers one is too low down screen IMO

Champ
February 10th, 2007, 06:25 PM
I don't see the similarity between CMT's mod and Halo 3.

Pooky
February 10th, 2007, 06:34 PM
I don't see the similarity between CMT's mod and Halo 3.

The weapons look really similar, but then again CMT did a lot of copying Halo 3, not the other way around. I duno, I guess I just expected Halo 3 to have absolutely unbelievable graphics to blow Halo 1, 2, and Gears out of the water. But so far it doesn't seem to (I'm aware that it's an alpha build and everything is subject to change)

Chief117
February 10th, 2007, 07:03 PM
The weapons look really similar, but then again CMT did a lot of copying Halo 3, not the other way around. I duno, I guess I just expected Halo 3 to have absolutely unbelievable graphics to blow Halo 1, 2, and Gears out of the water. But so far it doesn't seem to (I'm aware that it's an alpha build and everything is subject to change)
I have to say a agree...I'm hugely dissapointed by these results, sorry bungie, but I have to say CMT could probably-scratch that. CMT could kick bungie's ass if they had the same equipment. I REALLY HATE TO SAY THAT. I hope bungie's H3 comes out much better otherwise it's going to become the big dissapointment known as Halo 2.

rossmum
February 10th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Dunno, maybe it's a placeholder, maybe it's not.

Hard to see the graphics in blurry photos taken of TV screens...

I have to say a agree...I'm hugely dissapointed by these results, sorry bungie, but I have to say CMT could probably-scratch that. CMT could kick bungie's ass if they had the same equipment. I REALLY HATE TO SAY THAT. I hope bungie's H3 comes out much better otherwise it's going to become the big dissapointment known as Halo 2.
I disagree. CMT might have some good work, but Bungie made the tools, and are also a professional (and very experienced) game dev.

Stealth
February 10th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Please read the posts in this thread, cheers..

Its a blown up warthog.

Any one else think the rectiles of off centre and not in the right place? Like snipers one is too low down screen IMO
Oh, ok now I see, they've really out did them selfs on that, and I like the bar under the health/Shield bar, really nice, but the other parts of the hud are kind of odd, and I agree with masterz, it doesn't look right.

legionaire45
February 10th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Honestly I'm sure it looks fine. If you haven't noticed those are photos, not screen shots so a lot of the detail is probably lost.

Masterz1337
February 10th, 2007, 08:34 PM
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/4069/ergh7.jpg

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/8742/yeanj8.jpg

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/5813/waitwhatsl0.jpg

Stealth
February 10th, 2007, 08:36 PM
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/4069/ergh7.jpg

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/8742/yeanj8.jpg

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/5813/waitwhatsl0.jpg
Holy cow, that is weird. Halo 3 will look great when it is out.:eek:

stevo
February 10th, 2007, 08:43 PM
It is the alpha so its not going to be amazing yet. Give it time

Stealth
February 10th, 2007, 08:59 PM
but, if you compar it with halo 1, and Halo 2, Halo 3 looks amazing.

Limited
February 10th, 2007, 09:04 PM
but, if you compar it with halo 1, and Halo 2, Halo 3 looks amazing.
Compare it to Halo 2, what are you on crack?

Halo 3 compared to halo 2 doesnt look amazing, it looks shocking crap infact. Yes they have improved a few things but its nothing like I expected halo 3 to be like. I remember when I was talking to a guy at school years ago saying "dude imagine a halo 2, that'd be freaking cool"

He was like "dude, HALO 3 would be like crazy ultra realistic graphics with amazing sounds and great vehicles"

Its possible, GOW did it, but sadly you cant compare gow to halo 3. Its in alpha, but still...

Also masters, didnt you copy parts of halo 3? Like the shottie model look, more shorter and fatter. With lights on the shottie.

Masterz1337
February 10th, 2007, 09:16 PM
That shotty was animated last febuary, and the model is from h1. Teh acuracy to what ended up being the h3 one is startling

Mr Buckshot
February 10th, 2007, 09:40 PM
dude, this is an ALPHA build, of course the game looks like crap. They didn't bother to finish the graphics engine because they need to perform some MP tests. You can't build a graphics engine overnight that screams wow look at me I'm so pretty.

We all saw the Halo 3 trailer. Bungie isn't stupid. It knows that for the final product, everything needs to look as good as that trailer.

similarly, H2V's graphics are only average (except for 1920x1200 support), but once the game is tuned up, it'll look fine.

besides, these are photos, so the game most likely looks better than this. They do need to do a good graphical masterpiece for at least one gameplay test to see how the framerate holds up and such.

If the AR's reticule is smaller, it better be as accurate as an M4/M-16 rifle of today. Those rifles in other FPS's are basically the best balance of accuracy, power, and ROF. I'm hoping that the AR will become like that, because the battle rifle feels more like an underpowered sniper, and the old Halo 1 AR is so weak and inaccurate it is better suited as the H2 SMG.

Champ
February 10th, 2007, 09:48 PM
The shotgun really hasn't changed since halo 1.

ExAm
February 10th, 2007, 10:14 PM
Remember, Bungie says Halo's graphics are stylized, not fully realistic. Besides, Halo 3 looks great as it is, and I think it's a major leap past Halo 2. Those of you who can't see that need your eyes checked.

Also, it looks like they reduced the shotgun's capacity to 6.

Stealth
February 10th, 2007, 10:19 PM
Ya, I have to agree with Explosive on that, I have bad eye sight, and I can tell that halo 3 right now looks a lot better then Halo 2 or H2V, I'm sorry but it dose, but then again, I can look at some pics and pic out things better then some, maybe because I'm kind of color blind.

Cortexian
February 10th, 2007, 11:18 PM
Does anyone else have a feeling that when H2V comes out we are going to blow away Halo 3 with better stuff just like we blew away Halo 2 with CE (I'm talking about actual improvements that we made like better graphics and such)?

Stealth
February 10th, 2007, 11:24 PM
maybe. maybe not.

DaneO'Roo
February 11th, 2007, 02:34 AM
Pfft, guess what?

Despite popular belief there IS real time reflection and real time shadowing in halo 2, it was just wasn't enabled in game, due to the performance issues of the xbox 1. It's only enabled in a few cutscenes.

Don't believe me? Look at the cutscenes in the actual game. Most noticably, the scene where the arbitar talks with the council members, and gains the armour. I think, they added the real time shadowing to cutscenes with not alot going on in them, possibly due to performance issues.

Watch them, you'll see.

So since Halo 2 has real time shadowing, and real time reflection (possiblly able be applied to any surface) I'm sure it wouldn't take much to enable it ingame, wether they add an option in the graphical settings, or you h4x it in with the H2EK.

Seriously, I can't see Halo 2 Vista looking any graphically different to the Halo 3 beta. The final, I'm not so sure about.

THe new HUD looks fucking sweet, and the AR animations look hawt. The AR has an actual lit up screen this time, with a light effect.

:D

ExAm
February 11th, 2007, 03:05 AM
I can see already that H3, even the alpha now, looks better than Halo 2 ever will.

Reaper Man
February 11th, 2007, 03:08 AM
Pfft, guess what?

Despite popular belief there IS real time reflection and real time shadowing in halo 2, it was just wasn't enabled in game, due to the performance issues of the xbox 1. It's only enabled in a few cutscenes.

Don't believe me? Look at the cutscenes in the actual game. Most noticably, the scene where the arbitar talks with the council members, and gains the armour. I think, they added the real time shadowing to cutscenes with not alot going on in them, possibly due to performance issues.

Watch them, you'll see.

So since Halo 2 has real time shadowing, and real time reflection (possiblly able be applied to any surface) I'm sure it wouldn't take much to enable it ingame, wether they add an option in the graphical settings, or you h4x it in with the H2EK.

Seriously, I can't see Halo 2 Vista looking any graphically different to the Halo 3 beta. The final, I'm not so sure about.

THe new HUD looks fucking sweet, and the AR animations look hawt. The AR has an actual lit up screen this time, with a light effect.

:D
You also forgot to mention that Halo 2 Vista now uses some parallax mapping. This means you can pretty much recreate the Halo 3 MJONIR Armour.

Atty
February 11th, 2007, 03:14 AM
I can see already that H3, even the alpha now, looks better than Halo 2 ever will.You're saying a game that released in late '04 on a platform as graphically powerful as my cell phone will never look as good as a game releasing in 2007 on a system that rivals high end gaming PCs? I would have never thought.

DaneO'Roo
February 11th, 2007, 05:04 AM
You also forgot to mention that Halo 2 Vista now uses some parallax mapping. This means you can pretty much recreate the Halo 3 MJONIR Armour.

oh snap, didn't even know that.

extra win tbh. I need to learn how to do parallax. Make a cylinder look like a fucking arm with veins (well not that huge but still, pretty hueg)

Metkil5685
February 11th, 2007, 08:00 AM
Alpha, or no Alpha, Those look sexy. I want my Halo 3 NOW!!

Love De Lux
February 11th, 2007, 09:02 AM
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/1777/lolbumpmapat3.jpg

:confused2:

I'm loving that hud.

Dole
February 11th, 2007, 10:45 AM
Yes, Battle Rifle indeed.

someone
February 11th, 2007, 11:24 AM
I like the graphics already, even if it's an alpha build. And I like the HUD even more, because it's so simple and it looks cool:cool:

Boba
February 11th, 2007, 12:33 PM
http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/8169/385902795cc09a023eboru2.jpg

Chief117
February 11th, 2007, 01:37 PM
It could be some sort of ramp or something, or just scenery.

Pred1ator
February 11th, 2007, 01:38 PM

omg...do u know this is just a aplpha release...omg....they have just started working on halo 3 dont judge by there first tests just by there final tests..you people need to learn that they are NOT done YET!

god

good screen shots btw, i hate the way the mc holds the ar though

Masterz1337
February 11th, 2007, 01:52 PM
^It's the br animations from h2 on the AR atm.

Random
February 11th, 2007, 02:08 PM
but I have to say CMT could probably-scratch that. CMT could kick bungie's ass if they had the same equipment. I REALLY HATE TO SAY THAT.

If you are calling professional game devs equipment I might agree with you :P. But honestly what would bungie have more then cmt? Other then motion capture hardware, they both use 3dsmax and some form of HEK. They use basically the same stuff.

TheGhost
February 11th, 2007, 03:21 PM
lol guys, stop trying to judge a game that is more than half a year away from completion based on some blurry screenshots of an alpha test build.

Mr Buckshot
February 11th, 2007, 03:38 PM
I like the simple touch of how third person bipeds can be seen carrying their reserve weapons on their back or hips (two-handed weapons like ARs and shotguns go on the back, one-handed weapons like SMGs and pistols go on the hip). Makes things more realistic tbh. I mean, you'd think MC sticks his reserve weapon up his ass from the 3rd person models in Halo 1 and 2. It's about time that Halo used this mechanic, because FEAR, syphon filter for the psp, Tomb Raider legend, even 007 EoN and FRWL have used it.

Limited
February 11th, 2007, 05:12 PM
"wahawhwa its only alpha release"

Um what the fuck have bungie been doing since they worked on it?

Alpha release perhaps, but there beta test this spring, and release later this year and it looks this fucked up? Sorry but they are going slooooooooooooooow.

They've been working on this for at least a year now.

One good thing is we have no proof these are new screenshots. When they made the video explaining all the halo 3 stuff with some in game footage, they said its probably 6 months old. I just hope these are 6 months old too...

I'm pretty sure bungie started working on it a year and a half ago.

Atty
February 11th, 2007, 05:40 PM
One of the last things you do when game designing is graphics. If you've read any of the BWU's you'd realize that they constantly re-release alpha's with very low and buggy graphical features. Why? Because they are testing gameplay and gameplay features. It doesn't look fucked up at all considering it's still in alpha.

I'm pretty sure bungie started working on it a year and a half ago.I'm certain you are wrong because Bungie has stated when they started development on Halo 3.

Dole
February 11th, 2007, 08:05 PM
http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/8169/385902795cc09a023eboru2.jpg
Resembles some sort of huge, spring-loaded trap with a platform big enough for a person or even a car.
Like a mousetrap. Or a skeet trap. Or a catapult. Or a Man-Cannon.

ExAm
February 11th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Debris.

Con
February 11th, 2007, 08:18 PM
I wouldn't call that a man-cannon at all, looks to me more like a platform for the mongooses or warthogs to spawn on. What's its purpose in the Halo universe? Good question.

I love all the new Valhalla stuff, they will certainly help me with my recreation.

http://jcap.h2vista.net/files/halo/halo3/385727742_4a3cd9fbdc_o.jpg

What's that tower thing above the guy?

Boba
February 11th, 2007, 09:01 PM
I wouldn't call that a man-cannon at all, looks to me more like a platform for the mongooses or warthogs to spawn on. What's its purpose in the Halo universe? Good question.

I love all the new Valhalla stuff, they will certainly help me with my recreation.

http://jcap.h2vista.net/files/halo/halo3/385727742_4a3cd9fbdc_o.jpg

What's that tower thing above the guy?
It's a UNSC communication tower. It's in Halo 2 also.

ExAm
February 11th, 2007, 09:26 PM
Conscars, you're right. I see wheel slots and two ramps coming off of it. Vehicle drop platform, mb?

Pooky
February 11th, 2007, 10:01 PM
That wasn't meant to spawn pages worth of bitching about the graphics ...

But so far it doesn't seem to (I'm aware that it's an alpha build and everything is subject to change)

legionaire45
February 12th, 2007, 02:13 AM
well, if you guys havnt realized yet, Bungie must be tightening up the graphics with their xbox controllers later.

=P

but really, for an alpha build of a game without a solid release date it actually looks very good.

Limited
February 12th, 2007, 07:34 AM
One of the last things you do when game designing is graphics. If you've read any of the BWU's you'd realize that they constantly re-release alpha's with very low and buggy graphical features. Why? Because they are testing gameplay and gameplay features. It doesn't look fucked up at all considering it's still in alpha.

I'm certain you are wrong because Bungie has stated when they started development on Halo 3.
How long have they been making it then? 2 years? 2 years +?

If so, its still in this stage of alpha? They really need to get their arses in gear.

" but really, for an alpha build of a game without a solid release date it actually looks very good."

Within the year... If they've started 2 years ago they should have done most of the work.

If only we knew the build number :P least this time the screene leakers have sence to block out the number so no one can tell which version which people were playing :P

rossmum
February 12th, 2007, 07:40 AM
Making a whole game for a new system using new technology isn't a walk in the park... it's hardly surprising that it's taking so long.

Limited
February 12th, 2007, 09:01 AM
Making a whole game for a new system using new technology isn't a walk in the park... it's hardly surprising that it's taking so long.
GOW made from scratch a game for xbox 360. That was a great game. It will turn out coming out a year before halo 3 does...so it is possible

TheGhost
February 12th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Trying to compare GoW and Halo 3 is like trying to compare apples to oranges.

Limited
February 12th, 2007, 02:50 PM
Trying to compare GoW and Halo 3 is like trying to compare apples to oranges.
They are both fruits...Bad example ghost.

ExAm
February 12th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Apples are crunchy and not a citrus fruit, oranges are juicy and a citrus fruit, however, both are fruits

GOW is realistic and dark, Halo is stylized and bright. However, both are games.

You can't compare the features of one game to the other, because they were designed differently for different reasons, like apples and oranges are, and both are games, as apples and oranges are both fruits.

I'd say the apple vs. orange comparison is a good one.

Limited
February 12th, 2007, 03:23 PM
We're talking about how long it takes to make...

I just hope it dramatically gets better other wise blah =\

ExAm
February 12th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Ah, but don't apples and oranges grow at different rates, somewhat? ;)

Limited
February 12th, 2007, 04:58 PM
I'm pretty sure we had this conversation before at gbx lol..

Graphics will be improved, but by how much :O

Phopojijo
February 12th, 2007, 06:30 PM
You're probably not buying Halo 3 for graphics...

TheGhost
February 12th, 2007, 06:45 PM
They are both fruits...Bad example ghost.

And GoW and Halo 3 are both XBox 360 games... what's your point?

Which is better, an apple or an orange? My opinion may differ from yours, but that's nothing to get upset over.

TheGhost
February 12th, 2007, 06:47 PM
You're probably not buying Halo 3 for graphics...

Bingo. I don't want Halo 3 to be "photo-realistic" or whatever. I don't even really want destructible vehicles. I think "realism" is something that should be used sparingly in a sci-fi FPS like Halo. It's just how the game is - the Master Chief himself isn't very "realistic". I'm not buying Halo 3 just for the graphics, I'm buying it for what I hope will be the best gameplay of the 3 in the Halo series, something none of us can judge from screenshots.

Flood55
February 12th, 2007, 08:06 PM
ontopic/ great Halo 3 Pics. i finally get to see the HUD (even through its still alpha and will probably change drastically before release).
offtopic/ Ghost, dont double post now.

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
February 12th, 2007, 08:27 PM
ontopic/ great Halo 3 Pics. i finally get to see the HUD (even through its still alpha and will probably change drastically before release).
offtopic/ Ghost, dont double post now. Uh, dude, I do not think you are aware of how our rules are. Re-read them. You are allowed to double-post if each post is replying to a another different post. If you double post just for the sake of double posting, and not using the edit - then that is against the rules. And proper action will be taken.

Trezeguet
February 12th, 2007, 08:57 PM
That sniper reminds me of one of Axeman's snipers.
The textures are hard to see in those pictures, especially in the weapons.
True it's not all about the graphics but about the game play and quality.

DaneO'Roo
February 12th, 2007, 09:30 PM
as long as it looks better than Halo 2, I couldn't care less tbh.

Looking forward to it :)

JDMFSeanP
February 13th, 2007, 01:37 PM
Since poeple hated on teh other thread, i got a little update.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygDfGB7Lca4
Video of some of the weapons, which leads me to talk about some of CMT's weapons.The spiker needs more recoil is possible, and the model needs to be a lot bigger IMO.Spartan laser has a lot moer spread, and its hilarious to see teh guy get pwnd by itThe halo 1 pistol is back with an 8 round clip, maybe integrate that as well.

Pooky
February 13th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Bingo. I don't want Halo 3 to be "photo-realistic" or whatever. I don't even really want destructible vehicles. I think "realism" is something that should be used sparingly in a sci-fi FPS like Halo. It's just how the game is - the Master Chief himself isn't very "realistic". I'm not buying Halo 3 just for the graphics, I'm buying it for what I hope will be the best gameplay of the 3 in the Halo series, something none of us can judge from screenshots.

Graphics are one of the few things we CAN judge from screenshots, so that's what I commented on. I don't want Über realism, and I don't think Halo should have Gears overly emo style. I do think that the technical quality of the graphics so far just don't blow me away. I also think they'll definitely be a lot better before the final release.

As far as the final point, Halo is about gameplay and always has been, from its simplistic level design to the surprisingly (at least at the time when Halo 1 first came out) addictive multiplayer, it's never been about the pretties.

I_Am_Error117
February 13th, 2007, 03:07 PM
I don't think Halo should have Gears overly emo style.

So thats why dom always dies, he's emo with the chainsaw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_dpge9WWa4

Pooky
February 13th, 2007, 06:01 PM
What the hell? xD

How do you do that?

Atty
February 13th, 2007, 06:39 PM
Old. I posted it first on Youtube. :p You pick up the Chainsaw holding B. Anyone can do it, not just host.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m315/iAtty/pis.jpg

Oh, hey.

JDMFSeanP
February 13th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Someone should make a gif of him getting pwned by the laser, that gave me a good chuckle.

ExAm
February 13th, 2007, 08:43 PM
o hi pistol, long time no see.

rossmum
February 13th, 2007, 11:57 PM
oh hi

<3 pistol

Pred1ator
February 14th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Since poeple hated on teh other thread, i got a little update.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygDfGB7Lca4
Video of some of the weapons, which leads me to talk about some of CMT's weapons.The spiker needs more recoil is possible, and the model needs to be a lot bigger IMO.Spartan laser has a lot moer spread, and its hilarious to see teh guy get pwnd by itThe halo 1 pistol is back with an 8 round clip, maybe integrate that as well.

:O

TIA Gangsta
February 14th, 2007, 03:26 PM
I posted the Alpha Video earlier this week and it got moved somewhere. I think it was moved to Tech.

Anyway, as I pointed out earlier this week, the H3 AR has the H2 BR animations atm and the H3 Sniper has the H2 Sniper animations atm.

And on the subject of CMT similarities, it isn't that surprising with the Shotgun. It's just holding a shotgun, and if you look at Masterz translucent image where he put the CMT shotty over the H3 shotty, it doesn't completely line up. He's just holding a damn shotgun, so if it's differently angled even by a bit, it's nothing big. If it's EXACTLY the same, then maybe you can start speculating.

One thing that's worth speculating is the Pistol. The position he holds the pistol is VERY similar to how CMT positioned the Pistol in first person...:confused2:

Pooky
February 14th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Old. I posted it first on Youtube. :p You pick up the Chainsaw holding B. Anyone can do it, not just host.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m315/iAtty/pis.jpg

Oh, hey.

Needs more video

Pred1ator
February 14th, 2007, 04:17 PM
nonoononono..need less blurry

edit: no..cmts pistol animations are NOT the same as the h3 pistol animations...the animations in the h3 pistol are the h2 magnum animations..witch are simular to cmts animations that where made a year after h2 was released

SnaFuBAR
February 15th, 2007, 05:53 AM
jeez.... how are you kids even going to compare CMT to Bungie? that's just damned laughable. i'm laughing at all you dummies who speculate that bungie copied CMT. seriously.

i'm laughing at all you people who are trying to get a graphical feel out of a freaking alpha.

OMFG they hold long guns and combat pistols the same way the've been held since they were first created! holy shit thy're copying cmt omg.
:gtfo: