PDA

View Full Version : [MAP] m00kWeapons Testmap Open Source

t3h m00kz
May 8th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Okay I'm done. Lost all motivation to keep going.

MAX is taking too long to learn and I'm getting nowhere with it, and that's apparently SUCH A BIG DEAL in modding. Fun stuff, but not my thing right now.

This has been sitting around for about two months and I haven't touched it. Do with the tags what you want, but if you use them, give credit. And if you don't know how to tag for yourself, try to learn from these instead of just fucking with damage variables and calling them your own.

And if you check out this map, don't forget about the shock combo.

baeleted imagery

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UXCYNZZR

MetKiller Joe
May 8th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Okay I'm done. Lost all motivation to keep going.

I lost motivation on a map 2 years ago, but I didn't post what amounted to an incomplete project because that, by definition, isn't release material.

I would tell you some noticable things (good and bad), but if you don't care, why should anybody bother posting?

t3h m00kz
May 8th, 2008, 07:07 PM
I admit about the not being release material comment, and I was wondering weather or not I should post this. I figured why not? Someone might find some use out of this... perhaps someone will learn a bit about tags, who knows? And yeah, I may not care about what's good or bad about this map, but go for it if you want.

MetKiller Joe
May 8th, 2008, 07:38 PM
perhaps someone will learn a bit about tags, who knows?

Then (next time), do something simpler if you want to release it. For example, this time, you could have done a weapons tagging tutorial; you seem to being showing off many weapon tags, so you are probably versed in the process and well fitted for the job.

Pooky
May 8th, 2008, 07:41 PM
I lost motivation on a map 2 years ago, but I didn't post what amounted to an incomplete project because that, by definition, isn't release material.

I would tell you some noticable things (good and bad), but if you don't care, why should anybody bother posting?

Yeah, he's releasing free tags for everyone to use, why should we care?

MetKiller Joe
May 8th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Yeah, he's releasing free tags for everyone to use, why should we care?

Point taken.

SnaFuBAR
May 9th, 2008, 01:38 AM
metkiller, shut up. he's done something completely different that people can learn from or use. it's not some incomplete recycled crap like most noobs release.

mook, i'll download it and see if CE will actually work or not. i always seem to have some kind of problem with this game.

Hunter
May 9th, 2008, 06:31 AM
It is release material when the creater wants to release it. If there is not much a map there, then don't download it. Its release material when its go a room or a road...

Not when YOU say. "metkiller"

Sel
May 9th, 2008, 07:02 AM
Itd be cool to see these in a single player map or something. These just dont work online at all :|

t3h m00kz
May 9th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Itd be cool to see these in a single player map or something. These just dont work online at all :|

One reason I gave up. Halo's shitty netcode ruined it. Even with the "Projectiles Client Side Only" option on the weapons unchecked, half the effects don't show up.

I WAS thinking about adding the Flak Cannon and Shock Rifle to The Library, though. But Campaign modding takes so much more time, and Sapien fucks up alot now. Just... a bunch of shit I don't want to deal with, you know?