PDA

View Full Version : Self-Injury

Assault&Battery
May 8th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Guys, you've all been very good to me, and I need your help. My girlfriend does what is called self-injury, also known as SI, or "cutting". It's pretty self-explanatory, but what it is, essentially, is someone takes a sharp object and cuts their skin, to relieve emotional pain for a short while. The physical pain takes away from the emotional pain, and makes you feel better, to see the cuts and the blood (I used to do it, too, but I had LONG since quit).
I've tried everything that worked with me to make her quit, and begged and pleaded with her to stop, and, while she has slowed and done it less often, she hasn't stopped entirely, and still complains that she wants to on a regular basis. I need your guys' help. How do I make her stop cutting herself?

While we're at it, what are your feelings on the subject of SI?

Bad Waffle
May 8th, 2008, 08:06 PM
http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/8090/1184040522276lb8.jpg

rossmum
May 8th, 2008, 08:07 PM
I can't imagine any of my advice actually helping, but quite frankly I find it stupid as all hell.

Masterz1337
May 8th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Get her help. Duh

Boba
May 8th, 2008, 08:08 PM
I do it frequently; I usually listen to Paramore, knowing that if I slip I'd probably kill myself, but I would be happy that I wouldn't have to hear this shit anymore.

teh lag
May 8th, 2008, 08:08 PM
While we're at it, what are your feelings on the subject of SI?

Lol, emos.

Also, Just make her confront why she does it. Proceed very logically and rationally, that's all I can think of. Cutting is a bad, bad thing.

Bad Waffle
May 8th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Seriously though, i doubt this is a real problem, because if it was, you would handle it privately and personally with the person and wouldn't need help from some goddamn internet nerds.

Zeph
May 8th, 2008, 08:10 PM
*facepalm*