PDA

View Full Version : Overdose (Alpha)

malolo420
May 12th, 2008, 02:40 PM
Comes with 6 maps and a custom chat box. (4 MP, 1 SP, 1 UI)
Play MP Maps as SP for botmode. Yeah this is an alpha release, and probably the final.

Download it all at once (235MB) or wait till it comes out on halomaps seperatly.

Download: http://files.filefront.com/Overdoserar/;10...;/fileinfo.html (http://files.filefront.com/Overdoserar/;10197378;/fileinfo.html)
Hideout Fix: http://files.filefront.com/DMT+OD+HideOut+fixrar/;10214738;/fileinfo.html

Heres some pics.
All the pics bellow and more are here - http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd189/m...erdose/?start=0 (http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd189/malolo420/Project%20Overdose/?start=0)
And a video of the SP here - http://files.filefront.com/Overdose+Upskir...;/fileinfo.html (http://files.filefront.com/Overdose+Upskirts+n+Crossfire/;10072069;/fileinfo.html)

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd189/malolo420/Project%20Overdose/ui-1.png
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd189/malolo420/Project%20Overdose/outpost3.png
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd189/malolo420/Project%20Overdose/crossfire-1.png
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd189/malolo420/Project%20Overdose/crossfire2.png
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd189/malolo420/Project%20Overdose/outpost.png
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd189/malolo420/Project%20Overdose/outskirts.jpg
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd189/malolo420/Project%20Overdose/hideout.jpg

Made By: Malolo420
Xfire: Malolo420
DMT/Sigma Forums: http://z15.invisionfree.com/Sigma_leet/index.php?act=idx

Notes:

Its been a long long time(just over a year), but its finally here. Originaly started as me learning how to make detailed weapon models, and that lead to this. It IS unfinished, but I just can't do it anymore and I am quitting CE. (7 sp's and 4 Mp maps were cut, and the ones that weren't are un-finished)
Basicly a whole new game using CE's engine. New modern weapons, edited bipeds, UI, single player and more.
I added autoaim so you don't have to shoot ahead for clients on MP (and because I use a controller), I DIDN'T steal this idea from the map "EMT Inverno," I had added it months before the map came out. (Unchanged auto-aim in campaign)
I had to cut it short because I am moving out, and don't have time to make it as detailed and polished as I want, thats also why I used no remorse for an MP map.
I was originally going to include SP menu and bot mode menu in UI but I'm done with it. Upskirts is actually the 4th sp map, never got around to the others.

~~~HOW TO PLAY BOT MODE~~~
Start the MP maps like a SP map (excluding Outpost)
(if you don't know how to play SP maps read this http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?nid=386 )

~~CREDITS~~ If I missed anyone sorry, I tried to include everyone

-Malolo420 ~ idea, story, models(all by me unless stated), textures(mostly shitty), sound editing, animations, death and falling anims, ironsites, scripting, UI, chatbox(edited CMT's), scenery, devices and tagging
-EP Killa ~ animations, ironsites(anims and idea), helped with story, bunch of ideas and other stuff.
-Kid908 ~ p90
-adumass ~ scenery tags
-Disaster/Echo ~ Uzi, Smoke Grenade (edited by me to be a stun nade)
-Wanksta/Inferno ~ Animations
-Cryticfarm ~ some scenery models
-Sorry I don't know ~ Original mp5ks model (edited by me to be mp5, I would have made it from scratch but I'm running short of time)
-Pepsi ~ Textures
-Nessa ~ Textures
-CMT ~ Original Chatbox
-Kinkilla ~ name (overdose), and textures
-No Remorse ~ (map by: NeuroKoNeza ,ZexGX , Lightning Rec0)
-TurfrevampedCMT ~ (map by: soccerbummer1104)
-Ryan(or used to be known as swatweapons) ~ Sounds
-Warrock ~ Textures
-h2ce team ~ skins
-Turbosquid ~ Glock texture, other textures and forklift scenery model
-Dawid Michalczyk ~ Textures
-Dave (aka rambo) - a few sounds, voice acting
-Mythghost - voice acting

~~Special Thanks to~~
*Andrew_b and kid908 - for testing multiple times when I had an exception error every 30 seconds when someone was in the server
*{MODz}BOB - for testing autoaim so you don't have to shoot ahead of the person on client
*Kirby422 - for helping me with some scripts.

~~Testers~~
Andrew_b
EP Killa
Adumass
Crytic Farm
Kid908
Hell Knight
MoTaSoLo
Wanksta(Inferno)
mc365
Selentic
Major
Pepsi
Homies

And sorry to anyone I missed, to the people who helped and testers.

~~Music~~
Ui-Outskirts 1 ~ Some instrumental loop from one of the mario games
Outskirts 2 ~ Rap Beats - Free Style Instrumentals
Outskirts 3 ~ Atmosphere - Dope Instrumentals
Warthog Radio ~ Necro - Shes got a great ass (I just took the beat and made it loop)
Eek-A-Mouse ~ Police in Helicopter

NuggetWarmer
May 12th, 2008, 03:03 PM
FP arms and some of the map models need work, but besides that, good work.

LlamaMaster
May 12th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Oh snap, I was expecting crap when I opened this thread. Looks fun, can't wait to try it. :D

malolo420
May 12th, 2008, 04:30 PM
SteelIXB made the FP arms. They on halomaps.

NuggetWarmer
May 12th, 2008, 04:39 PM
OOH OOH! HIRE ME TO DO NEW FP ARMS! :D

Pooky
May 12th, 2008, 04:47 PM
That video's pretty impressive... and here I just uninstalled Halo you cunt D:

I'll have to try this out right away

One thing though, none of the guns default to ironsights mode do they? As in, you're using Yelo or something?

kenney001
May 12th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Wow.....just......wow.....awsome looking stuff.

HOWEVER:
-the shaders/textures suck (no offense) on just about everything.......can be MUCH better
- about half the weapon models are disporportional/wrong to their real counterparts
p90 missing magazine
c7 thing needs to be ditched
-animations need to be overhauled.

-amazing sound effects
-love the enemy bipeds/blood/effects
-the AUG is sexy

FlyingStone
May 12th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Wow.....just......wow.....awsome looking stuff.

HOWEVER:
-the shaders/textures suck (no offense) on just about everything.......can be MUCH better
- about half the weapon models are disporportional/wrong to their real counterparts
p90 missing magazine
c7 thing needs to be ditched
-animations need to be overhauled.

-amazing sound effects
-love the enemy bipeds/blood/effects
-the AUG is sexy

Pretty much what he said, can't wait for it to be done.

Tweek
May 12th, 2008, 05:41 PM
this looks like fucking goldeneye 64.
which is kind of a step backwards.

nice effort i say, and fucking good job to actually getting it more or less finished!.

Patrickssj6
May 12th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Looks really good +rep

but 250MB is a tad to big for me :/

m13120
May 12th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Pretty much what he said, can't wait for it to be done.

Yeah this is an alpha release, and probably the final.

Invader Veex
May 12th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Hey, I remember seeing pics of this. Can't wait til I finish downloading.

Pooky
May 12th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Well here's what I've got to say

Pros: fun gameplay, pretty different than vanilla Halo albeit more than a little derivative of Call of Duty. Most animations have a nice visceral feel. Interesting iron sights feature.

Cons: the ally and enemy skins would have looked great... in 1998. Some of the animations are just terrible, like the MP5 idle and p90 irons. Music is annoying and can't be turned off, and at one point I had to start all over because I got stuck with a checkpoint right before I got shot by an invisible and seemingly unkillable enemy, with no way to escape. Finally the ironsights feature, while interesting, adds very little to the overall experience.

Nexus Halo
May 12th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Looks cool, I like the fact that theres a Call of Duty 4 map in there.

Sel
May 12th, 2008, 08:18 PM

I think he means that he wont have the time to actually finish it.

As I said on the sigma boards, nice work.

SnaFuBAR
May 12th, 2008, 09:03 PM
looks alright, could use a hell of a lot of cleanup, but, good job on releasing.

Ki11a_FTW
May 12th, 2008, 09:57 PM
you did a nice job malolo, but i am sorry i wasnt around to finish the rest of the animations, ill get them done for final release,because im only aloud on my shit laptop

SMASH
May 12th, 2008, 11:21 PM
yea, I really like this but some things need to be fixed. If you need help with modeling and texturing just PM me, k?

t3h m00kz
May 13th, 2008, 01:21 AM
INVISIBLE BIPEDS KEEP KILLING ME.

After getting out of the building with the hostages, where you're in the Crossfire type place, there's a bunch of muzzle flashes and projectiles not connected to anything that KEEP KILLING ME.

Other than that I think it's freaking amazing work you've done, seeing new, non-halo style weapons.

However if I might make a suggestion, for the iron sights. Make it a zoom. Have a screenshot of the back of the gun, looking down the sights, as the crosshair. Make it so "no innacuracy when zoomed" or whatever. Right now they seem kind of glitchy and useless. Great concept, however... iron sights in Halo, not something you see everyday.

FlyingStone
May 13th, 2008, 09:26 AM
*quotes*
Fine,

looks alright, could use a hell of a lot of cleanup, but, good job on releasing.

Amit
May 13th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Awesome, you're making one of my favourite COD4 maps, Crossfire. I like Crash a hell of a lot too. Looks pretty good. Not much else I can say except give you encouragement:)

~ZMT~Trace
May 13th, 2008, 09:05 PM
I can't seem to play any of these. :c My screen just turns black when I try to start a game.

ICEE
May 13th, 2008, 09:46 PM
These maps are really fun! if you want I can animate the weapons for you, make them a little more realistic.

Pooky
May 13th, 2008, 10:26 PM
INVISIBLE BIPEDS KEEP KILLING ME.

After getting out of the building with the hostages, where you're in the Crossfire type place, there's a bunch of muzzle flashes and projectiles not connected to anything that KEEP KILLING ME.

Other than that I think it's freaking amazing work you've done, seeing new, non-halo style weapons.

However if I might make a suggestion, for the iron sights. Make it a zoom. Have a screenshot of the back of the gun, looking down the sights, as the crosshair. Make it so "no innacuracy when zoomed" or whatever. Right now they seem kind of glitchy and useless. Great concept, however... iron sights in Halo, not something you see everyday.

Hey nice repost mook ;)

t3h m00kz
May 13th, 2008, 11:27 PM
I had to emphasize how they KEPT KILLING ME. I spent like fifteen minutes respawning in the middle of gunfire coming from nowhere D:

Heathen
May 13th, 2008, 11:42 PM
Haven't gotten to play yet. Talkin to lady friend...as soon as she shuts the hell up about her problems and her life I'm gonna fire them up.

p0lar_bear
May 14th, 2008, 02:42 AM
I had to emphasize how they KEPT KILLING ME. I spent like fifteen minutes respawning in the middle of gunfire coming from nowhere D:

Were you hosting a listen server playing this?

Also, it says right there to load the maps with the (map_name) function.

Pooky
May 14th, 2008, 06:51 AM

It happens to me too, using the illustrious map_name command :U

demonmaster3k
May 14th, 2008, 09:03 AM
this game felt was super cheezy. too cheezy not to play it. the mechanics kind of felt like an fps version of Vegas with a little bit of goldeneye 64. after trying the sp level, i just couldn't stop playing it! awesome work malolo!

t3h m00kz
May 14th, 2008, 12:46 PM

I wasn't. And yes, I used map_name. If I tried to start a LAN on the SP map the game got an exception, so I didn't have a choice.

p0lar_bear
May 14th, 2008, 03:44 PM
I wasn't. And yes, I used map_name. If I tried to start a LAN on the SP map the game got an exception, so I didn't have a choice.

Strange indeed... video?

Heathen
May 14th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Well....I get an exception whel I try to load halo...but it could also be because I left something crucial out of on of the folders when I was routing around for something for someone. Either way....I'm too lazy to figure out what it is.

t3h m00kz
May 14th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Strange indeed... video?

I'll work on one ;p

t3h m00kz
May 14th, 2008, 07:45 PM
cdTeU9Hh-rg

Heathen
May 14th, 2008, 10:19 PM
sux....looks like a roof mounted autogun.....but theirs no gun lol.

t3h m00kz
May 14th, 2008, 11:01 PM
sux....looks like a roof mounted autogun.....but theirs no gun lol.

That's what I was thinking... a bunch of gunshots coming from the windows with no biped.

BUT GOSH DARNIT I LIKE BEING ABLE TO MURDER EVERYONE WHO'S GOING FOR ME

Ifafudafi
May 14th, 2008, 11:47 PM
BUT GOD DAMMIT I LIKE BEING ABLE TO RAPE EVERYONE WHO'S GOIN' FER MAH PUNK WHITE ASS

ftfy

As for the mod, I like the concept; if it was just polished, it would be perfect. If you could release the source sometime soon, people (*cough* myself *cough* *cough*) would probably take it upon themselves to improve the texturing, animation, tagging, and likewise.
Earns my +rep, for whatever it's worth.

Pooky
May 15th, 2008, 12:07 AM
hf mook, that's the exact same place I got slaughtered by invisible man >:D

Except on mine the bullets were yellow <.<

malolo420
May 15th, 2008, 03:09 AM
That's what I was thinking... a bunch of gunshots coming from the windows with no biped.

BUT GOSH DARNIT I LIKE BEING ABLE TO MURDER EVERYONE WHO'S GOING FOR ME

Yeah its cause of too many objects on the map. Had to delete almost all the scenery but it just wasn't enough.

t3h m00kz
May 15th, 2008, 03:29 AM
Yeah its cause of too many objects on the map. Had to delete almost all the scenery but it just wasn't enough.

DAMN YOU, OUTDATED ENGINE!!!

p0lar_bear
May 15th, 2008, 03:30 AM
Too many objects in the scenario tag, or too many objects on the map at any one time?

If the latter, that can be easily fixed.

malolo420
May 15th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Too many objects on the map.

:( it looked so much better filled with scenery.

Ki11a_FTW
May 15th, 2008, 05:32 PM
These maps are really fun! if you want I can animate the weapons for you, make them a little more realistic.

im already on that, i only finished 2, which are in the maps that he released, then i was banned from the comp for a while

p0lar_bear
May 16th, 2008, 12:28 AM
Too many objects on the map.

:( it looked so much better filled with scenery.

Next time, split up BSPs or something, and control objects' existences with some trigger volume scripts.

Apoc4lypse
May 18th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Nice job man, I give you mad props for releasing something that looks completely original for once. I like the "bot mode" idea, clever excuse for not having to make new maps and story lines hehe. Good job, just needs some polish and a butt load of turtle wax.

p.s. just curious, whats the maximum ammount of objects you can have anyway?

Gamerkd16
May 25th, 2008, 11:25 PM
I got random exception errors when I tried playing the single player level. Also another one when I tried getting into the ATV. Why are there break.com posters around the maps? Are they sponsoring you? lol And that music in the single player map sounds a little like Vanilla Dome Mario Bros music to me.

malolo420
May 26th, 2008, 08:07 PM
I got random exception errors when I tried playing the single player level. Also another one when I tried getting into the ATV. Why are there break.com posters around the maps? Are they sponsoring you? lol And that music in the single player map sounds a little like Vanilla Dome Mario Bros music to me.

Yeah someone told me about the exceptions but I dunno what it is, cause I havn't got them. And no break isnt sponsoring me, I wanted soft core pictures so pepsi the PC modder sent me that site. It probably is vanilla dome mario music, its from mario but I had no clue where from.

Con
May 29th, 2008, 12:38 AM
whoa, I almost thought I was looking at a different game for a second there... Not the best looking, but kudos for finishing a mod and doing something a bit different.

Matooba
May 29th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Exception after exception......not really that impressed. Seemed like map "Shellshock"

Gamerkd16
May 30th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Exception after exception......not really that impressed. Seemed like map "Shellshock"
Yeah, I didn't even bother with the Single Player map. It's unplayable with the amount of errors I got. Though that city one turned out pretty good - no errors there. Interesting way to block off the outside of the map too lol. I have to admit though, the pot leaves get a little annoying.

rossmum
May 31st, 2008, 03:28 AM
whoa, I almost thought I was looking at a different game for a second there... Not the best looking, but kudos for finishing a mod and doing something a bit different.
Ditto, pretty impressive amount effort must've gone into this.

tythespy
June 4th, 2008, 11:45 PM
the 4th pic look like the map on cod4
nice ui

malolo420
June 10th, 2008, 11:28 PM

I haven't got any exceptions.