View RSS Feed

Devblog

Blog posts detailing recent advancements in your projects go into this category.

1. Yeah, Here Comes The Water

So, my dumb ass sent my new smartphone through the washing machine. It worked for a day afterwards, but now it won't charge. Well, I'll stick it back in the bag of rice and hope it's just an errant water droplet, and not some catastrophic failure. Insurance will cover a new one for $40, but that's $40 I don't have at the moment. As a friend of mine put it, I got phwned.

As for life... busting my ass doing all sorts of web development goodness, trying to get a new online store platform ...
    Categories
    Life , Devblog , Mixed Bag
  2. Ees Mah Burfday

Well, it WAS. Yesterday. And just now I learn that I share a birthday with the none other than Freddie Mercury. Rest in peace, dude.

Birthday loot includes a free dinner at Applebee's, and a hilariously ironic shirt. Also tacos. Lots of tacos.

Rock Band customs on hold until whenever... thinking of possibly charting the cover of the Crossfire commercial song by Steel Panther, featured in one of Freddie Wong's latest videos. Funny, I was thinking about that commercial ...
    Categories
    Life , Devblog , The Good
  3. ... But He's Faster Than Me

Gah. I got beat; someone else has already done a full band chart of Walkie Talkie Man on Rock Band.

So much for that. I'd move onto another song but at the moment I've got something else to focus on. Lightning decided to dig up a Floodlab again, which has been 4 years in the making just due to a mix of "wouldn't it be cool if...?" and laziness (the latter mostly on my part), and he'd like to get that out the door before the school year starts.

That and Pooky ...
    Categories
    Life , Devblog , Mixed Bag
  4. He's Fat And He Don't Run Too Fast

So Threshold charting has been more or less finished, I've just passed it off to a friend that volunteered to do stage lighting cues. In the meantime, I'm moving on to charting Walkie Talkie Man.

Unlike with Threshold, I don't have reference videos to show me how the instruments are played, so I'm attempting to transcribe this song entirely by ear. That said, I'm not fully confident that my charts will be accurate, so I'm going to start recording my charts as I make them, and asking ...
    Categories
    Devblog
  5. Start A Band. Rock The World. Except not really.

The flavor of the week is Rock Band 3 content creation, the not-so-official way! A few of you may have seen my tutorial on making custom Rock Band 3 songs without JTAGging your XBox or getting an XNA subscription. The rest of you most likely didn't give a shit, so screw you hippies.

Over the next however long I feel like doing it, I'm working on authoring charts, complete with lighting, camera, and animation data, for a variety of songs from my music library that I deem cool enough ...

updated July 30th, 2011 at 03:58 PM

Categories
    Devblog
  6. Droopul

So the new platform we'll be using at my job is Drupal. To ease some headaches in the long run, I've taken it upon myself to convert my personal site from Joomla to Drupal.

Good god, this is complicated.

Having used Joomla (and previously Mambo) for years, I'm used to how a base install of it comes with a lot of core functionality, and thus, a defined way of doing things. Drupal comes with not a lot... but that's not a bad thing. In fact, that's what gives it its flexibility; ...
    Categories
    Devblog