View RSS Feed

Literature

Place written works here for review, such as original stories, reviews, fanfictions, etc.

1. Reach Weaponry

Now that I have a hang of the game and have had an equal mix of good competitive games and bad ones, I've decided to give some insight on Reach's aresnal, as objectively as possible, and ending it with a subjective message to the whiners. :P

First and foremost, the assault rifle. The AR in this game seems very nerfed at first, but taking a step back, it's a decent weapon. The first thing anyone needs to know about combat in reach is how the shielding system works now. Melee damage ...

updated May 19th, 2010 at 06:12 AM (No real reason I guess?)

Categories
    Literature , Reviews
  2. Reach Gametypes

So I got some more hands-on time with Reach and I've gotten a feel for it, slightly. Still don't know where everything is in either map, but whatever, I've got some somewhat-solid opinions on non-Slayer type games.

First and foremost, who made the decision to put an objective gametype as the default choice in the map vote for grab bag? A vast majority of players, myself included at the start, either don't seem to know about the vote system or are preoccupied with browsing the Armory ...
  3. Once More Unto The βReach

So a friend shot me a code and I played the Reach beta for a while. No, he has no more, don't bother asking. Since I've come to the realization as of late that I generally suck at the vidya, here's a brief review from the view of one of those terrible casual players that's the cause of the abomination that is Reach (as claimed by the hardcore crowd).

First impression, it feels like a whole new game. I haven't gotten used to all of the new weapons, hell I can't even get to use them ...

updated April 30th, 2010 at 05:35 AM

Tags: beta , halo , halo reach , reach , review
    Categories
    Literature , Reviews