View RSS Feed

Life

Blog posts chronicling your life go into this category.

1. Yeah, Here Comes The Water

So, my dumb ass sent my new smartphone through the washing machine. It worked for a day afterwards, but now it won't charge. Well, I'll stick it back in the bag of rice and hope it's just an errant water droplet, and not some catastrophic failure. Insurance will cover a new one for $40, but that's $40 I don't have at the moment. As a friend of mine put it, I got phwned.

As for life... busting my ass doing all sorts of web development goodness, trying to get a new online store platform ...
    Categories
    Life , Devblog , Mixed Bag
  2. Ees Mah Burfday

Well, it WAS. Yesterday. And just now I learn that I share a birthday with the none other than Freddie Mercury. Rest in peace, dude.

Birthday loot includes a free dinner at Applebee's, and a hilariously ironic shirt. Also tacos. Lots of tacos.

Rock Band customs on hold until whenever... thinking of possibly charting the cover of the Crossfire commercial song by Steel Panther, featured in one of Freddie Wong's latest videos. Funny, I was thinking about that commercial ...
    Categories
    Life , Devblog , The Good
  3. ... But He's Faster Than Me

Gah. I got beat; someone else has already done a full band chart of Walkie Talkie Man on Rock Band.

So much for that. I'd move onto another song but at the moment I've got something else to focus on. Lightning decided to dig up a Floodlab again, which has been 4 years in the making just due to a mix of "wouldn't it be cool if...?" and laziness (the latter mostly on my part), and he'd like to get that out the door before the school year starts.

That and Pooky ...
    Categories
    Life , Devblog , Mixed Bag
  4. Look Out, Honey, 'Cause I'm Usin' Technology

I don't think I've ever been this busy. And it feels good.

Been over a month at the new job and it's pretty cool so far. Mostly been working a lot with our webserver and learning how to write UNIX shell scripts to automate stuff, and trying to figure out how to make an archaic ecommerce setup be slightly less cumbersome until we get our new platform running. It's been a pain, but it's like a big series of puzzles, and I always feel very happy when I figure something out and get it ...
    Tags: college , money , work
    Categories
    Life , The Good
  5. Lacktivity, here.

I'm starting to consider cross-posting my blog entries from my personal site/deviantart/facebook just so there's at least some activity on the blogs... maybe it'll get others to post too. I just feel sorta like an attention whore doing it since it's so silent, so that's why I haven't, I guess.
    Tags: activity , blogs , modacity
    Categories
    Life , Mixed Bag