View RSS Feed

Devblog

Blog posts detailing recent advancements in your projects go into this category.

1. Forge CE: First Vid Blog

Sorry about the sound volume, that's the loudest I could get it without being extremely up close to the laptop mic.

This is my first video blog and I wanted to talk a bit about Forge and get comfortable in front of the camera because I will be making more of these soon.

The video is quite boring, so bare with me lol! Full screen that shiz.
    NEED A DISPENSER HERE
    Categories
    Devblog , Coding
  2. Forge CE: Updated to latest OpenSauce

I was going to wait to blog again, but oh well. I have been having this random crash happen when I am holding an object in Forge when it respawns. The object is destroyed and recreated while I am still trying to modify the invalid data. Even though I have null pointer checks properly in place, my code is not syncing up to the engine to where my code knows exactly when this respawn happens. So, I messaged Kornman and had a very brief conversation before he logged offline. I asked him about the object ...

updated October 13th, 2010 at 10:59 PM

Categories
    Devblog , Coding
  3. Forge CE: No More Crashing

The OpenSauce project I was using for Forge CE was a TRAIN WRECK. I had all my reverse engineering work in this project as well and random stuff was everywhere that was not needed. It wasn't causing the crash, however it feels good to start a clean slate and know where everything is.

I started with a fresh download of OpenSauce and recoded the initial framework today. I reworked a few things so that I only had a few minor edits in original OS files. The D3DXCreateFont bug is fixed with ...
    Categories
    Devblog , Coding
  4. Forge CE: First Blog

This is my first blog post and there will be many after this to come with my progress on Forge CE. I decided this is a more simple way of updating users of my work without having to sort through pages and pages upon pages of forum posts. Plus I am excited to keep a record of everything I have accomplished and it keeps me motivated to keep chugging along.

I am sick of not getting much done with this project over the amount of time I have had. I bet most users here have already given ...
    Categories
    Devblog , Coding