Conversation Between Phopojijo and Inferno

4 Visitor Messages

1. I'm buying from a actual gaming pc company now. www.ballisticgamingpc.com

My parents agreed on this I think. It's a great deal IMO.
  2. Then buy it from your local small business computer store. Often they assemble for free, and their prices are VERY CLOSE per part to Newegg. Also, they will recommend components, and will provide service after you buy.

Obviously price before purchase... like always... but most of the time they kick the hell out of Dell, HP, etc.

Also... if you don't mind the hassle of RMAing parts -- manufacturer warranties are often substantially longer than Dell, HP, etc.s warranties. They also cover more.

Example -- with Dell, hard drives have 1 year of support... most often. Through the manufacturers of the parts themselves -- 3 to 5 years, can be installed by anyone. Videocards? Brands like XFX and EVGA have hassle-free multi-year warranties (usually between 2 years and "double lifetime"... where in the event that you sell it to someone and it breaks on them... they're also covered for life.)

So for warranties... they're doing it backwards. But try to explain that to your folks.
  3. Parents just keep saying BUT WHAT IF YOU BUY PARTS THAT DON'T WORK TOGETHER DURRRR OR WHAT IF YOU BREAK A PART DURRR OR WHAT IF YOU PUT IT TOGETHER WRONG DURRRR.

I don't want to fight with them about it because they are the ones paying for most of it. I'm just putting in the 200 dollars I have to help out.
  4. Uh... so why can't you get a custom-built computer?
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4