Conversation Between Warsaw and Spartan094

10 Visitor Messages

1. Yeah I did. Somehow though with the M4 gearbox I had everything back in place but it still didn't work. The AK I just fubar'd it. Once I get a wee bit more money I'll figure something out.
  2. Are you using a tutorial?
  3. Thanks, and also I'm terrible when it comes to gearboxes, every time I open one I fuck it up. The AK one I had I broke it, and the M4 gearbox I have I somehow fucked up the trigger to get it to shoot. The copper tip will only touch it slightly but not all the way in and I had it sent to the airsoft place near me to get fixed and some better grease on it.
  4. For better looking wood, get on Gun Broker and keep an eye out for Russian, Bulgarian, or Polish pieces. You are going for the laminated grain look, so don't let the finishes turn you off; you can always re-finish it. Type I, II, and early Type III had hardwood buttstocks, so you can make do with an American-made one. But the handguards need to be legit East Bloc. Don't worry about pistol grip, real ones can't hold your motor. Just refinish the one you have.

If you must, you can buy a side rail like the one on Tantal's site. It *should* work with the modern Russian optics, but no promises. Should also email and inquire about whether or not they still machine these. They were no new old stock, they actually fabricated them in Texas.
  5. No the AK I have has a metal receiver.

Ah crap thanks for pointing out a few things, I keep the AK models mixed up and I forgot to keep the VERY original Ak47 design in mind which mine. Bleh really though I want better looking wood seeing I wasn't thinking right yesterday.

What would you suggest I do with the one I got now? Other then new better looking wood.
  6. AK-47s did not have side mounts in real life except for that one you saw on Tantal's site. I bought one of those to mount on a '47. It doesn't go in the usual spot and it's not meant for anything other than the Gen I night sight.

I thought the AK you bought already had the metal receiver. You bought one with a plastic one?
  7. Also on another note I'm gonna do my shopping at Airsoft GI a little more often now because I can get stuff a bit cheaper there with their free shipping which makes me happy combined with other coupons.
  8. Well really all I want on my ak47 is a new metal body like the CM048 and some better looking wood like the links you showed me. BUT I need to get rid of my old AK first before I can buy another one which nobody I know of atm in my area wants one. I could easily get rid of my MP40 and get the ACR but it wouldn't make sense to my parents if I did away with the MP40 and got another AK in which in their minds is just like the one I got now that has no gearbox. I mean I wouldn't mind having 2 ak's for a short moment but I would get scolded about it which is bs.

Really I would like a new metal body frame like the CM048 (more so I want a side rail) and better wood like the ones you showed me, that's really what I want to do with the ak I got now. Be a tad cheaper.
  9. All airsoft guns are "pretty darn good" when you use them. There is literally nothing to change the handling and there is usually nothing but a solid feeling from any of them. If you are just going to drop money on another gun then why get the ACR over another AK if its an AK you really want? You need to sit down and consider just what it is you are looking for.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 10