View RSS Feed

The p0lar_blog

Start A Band. Rock The World. Except not really.

Rate this Entry
The flavor of the week is Rock Band 3 content creation, the not-so-official way! A few of you may have seen my tutorial on making custom Rock Band 3 songs without JTAGging your XBox or getting an XNA subscription. The rest of you most likely didn't give a shit, so screw you hippies.

Over the next however long I feel like doing it, I'm working on authoring charts, complete with lighting, camera, and animation data, for a variety of songs from my music library that I deem cool enough and aren't already available as official downloads from the Rock Band Music Store or Rock Band Network.

Originally, this would have been a pet project of mine with posts to Youtube, as I can't legally hand out compiled containers with music in them; overzealous legal departments of record labels don't need to be handing out cease and desists to Ghostie and jcarp. So, I did some thinking and came up with a solution: whenever I finish a chart, I'll post the DTA, MIDI, and RBPROJ files. Anyone downloading it just needs to add a WAV file of the song with a specified amount of silence tacked onto the beginning, and then follow the tutorial from compiling in Magma.

As for what I'm planning to make or have in the works...
  • Threshold by Sex Bob-Omb (but you already knew this)
  • Walkie Talkie Man by Steriogram
  • Layla (Unplugged Live) by Eric Clapton
  • Showdown by Pendulum
  • In the Waiting Line by Zero 7

Submit "Start A Band. Rock The World. Except not really." to Digg Submit "Start A Band. Rock The World. Except not really." to del.icio.us Submit "Start A Band. Rock The World. Except not really." to StumbleUpon Submit "Start A Band. Rock The World. Except not really." to Google

updated July 30th, 2011 at 03:58 PM

Categories
Devblog

Comments