View RSS Feed

The p0lar_blog

Yeah, Here Comes The Water

Rate this Entry
So, my dumb ass sent my new smartphone through the washing machine. It worked for a day afterwards, but now it won't charge. Well, I'll stick it back in the bag of rice and hope it's just an errant water droplet, and not some catastrophic failure. Insurance will cover a new one for $40, but that's $40 I don't have at the moment. As a friend of mine put it, I got phwned.

As for life... busting my ass doing all sorts of web development goodness, trying to get a new online store platform live in 2 weeks. I'm burning out; needless to say, Floodlab's been shelved again and Rock Band 3 customs are definitely on hold. I wonder where Lightning disappeared off to again...

Oh and if anyone gave a damn in the first place, I managed to beat Megaman X with all of the crippling limitations imposed on me by a touchscreen controller, some luck and patience, and limited abuse of save states (no way in hell am I going to grind to fill subtanks when I die). Also got to the 3rd X-Hunter stage on Megaman X2 before I killed my phone.

Submit "Yeah, Here Comes The Water" to Digg Submit "Yeah, Here Comes The Water" to del.icio.us Submit "Yeah, Here Comes The Water" to StumbleUpon Submit "Yeah, Here Comes The Water" to Google

Categories
Life , Devblog , Mixed Bag

Comments

Lighting strikes at random and is gone in a flash~
    Floodlab has not been shelved, you dick.

<3

See: College sucking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning
    Floodlab has not been shelved, you dick.

<3

See: College sucking.
    Oh shit, there you are.
    You rang, sir.

What is your dropbox email, I have things to share.
    Lightning does strike twice in the same place.
    Okay...

If you have an electronic device going through the wash -- remove the battery and put in rice BEFORE you turn it on.

You do not kill a device by having it through water... you kill a device by using it while it is wet. Often the act of checking to see if it still works is what kills the device.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phopojijo
    Often the act of checking to see if it still works is what kills the device.
    That was exactly it. It had been sitting in the rice for a day and looked like it was dry, so I put everything back in it and charged it. Turns out there was still water in/behind the screen.