Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Farming: your opinion?

+rep to cure coronavirus n00b1n8R's Avatar
    n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute

Farming: your opinion?

I'm one of those people who really hate to see people farming at anything, let alone unlocks like in TF2. I get that with the medic achievments, there are some that you really did need to farm but for the most part you could do them without it. And with the pyro, I've already get my flaregun just playing normally (though I was taunting a little more than usual) and there's really no need at all.

Then, when I see people going "yeah, I've allready gotten all of them " it really shits me. Do you think this is a sign of skill? Far from it. And when people join a team that's allready like 70% pyro and they go pyro too.. do something useful for the team ffs.

It's just shit like that which ruins TF2 for a week.
    /rant

Re: Farming: your opinion?

I farmed most the medic ones, and 23 of the Pyro ones. My reasoning is: The update came out today. Why the fuck should I have to wait until I get the stupid achievements to use the new content Valve spent so much time hyping? I don't care if other people do it, and I don't really care about the people who whine and moan and bitch at people who do do it. All I care about is actually getting to use the new weapons.

Besides, if you come and farm with the tN| people, it's actually pretty fun.

Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute

I have to agree with Pooky on this one, but i'm not a fan of the guys that brag about the fact that they have all of them already and they're uber awesome because of it. I'm also sick of joining a team that has 9 pyros, with only 3 people using the other classes.

n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute

Fair enough, get the weapons but at least try to get them without farming, the challenge makes it interesting. Hell, I still haven't gotten my ubersaw yet (just need chief of staff though).

You've gone how many months without them? And how many not even knowing their going to ever exist? Does a little wait hurt?

/spirit of the game rant

Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute

I got around 7 in-game, and 8 in an achievement server, for the pyro. How often are you going to come across a spy flicking a cigarette? :P

End of round, that's how I got mine.
    But really, with the pyro ones there's no need to farm. You should be able to get enough to get all the gear anyways, just a matter of persistence (like the maken bacon one).

I'm not one for patience when it comes to video games . I do agree that you get a lot more satisfaction from gaining an achievement through hard work, but I get more out of shooting someone with the flare gun than I do from getting the achievements :p

Just got my backburner and I'm well on my way to the axetinguisher (which I doubt I'll use anyway).

2 days, 2 achievements, it's not that hard.

Banned
    Chainsy is on a distinguished road

The pyro whores are blessings in disguise. Use long range players such as the sniper, and you can easy kills the entire match. Also most of the pyro whores dont know how to use them, they just think they can charge in and flame flame flame, and if you get close enough to an entrance gaurded by one, just back pedal quickly and theyll follow blindly along, firing. You can easily shoot them down while back pedaling, as theyre not the fastest things around.

Of the one set of rounds I played with the new updates, I didn't see any groups of people standing around farming achievements with each other, the teams just went at each other. Achievements were still being handed out like it was Christmas, though, I ended up getting three in that series of rounds (I was expecting it to require a lot more grinding, actually ). The Pyro dominance isn't all that bad, it's a temporary madness that could create a little variety.

Closed Thread

Thread Information