+ Reply to Thread
Page 181 of 220 FirstFirst ... 81 131 171 179 180 181 182 183 191 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 2191

Thread: The best pictures you've seen.

Re: The best pictures you've seen.

you know what... ill just stick with my desktop, lol.
    Playing BC2 again. I'll take shitty hit registration due to Brazillian lag over built in shitty hit reg.

RedBaron is on a distinguished road

Tbh, if I were given the choice again, I wouldn't have spent the $1500 on the laptop. I could have built a desktop AND buy a low-end laptop for the go with that money. The desktop would have better specs than my laptop even if I built it 2 years ago with around $900.

Blog Entries
    TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute

I play CS:S on my laptop, but I only play in short bursts of time. Maybe an hour max before turning it off. This is because that fucker gets hot, and it scares the crap out of me.

Also: this machine runs CS:S great on above average settings, but can barely run Halo CE. LoL!

Bitchin' Sitar Solos nuttyyayap's Avatar
    nuttyyayap has much to be proud of nuttyyayap has much to be proud of nuttyyayap has much to be proud of nuttyyayap has much to be proud of nuttyyayap has much to be proud of nuttyyayap has much to be proud of nuttyyayap has much to be proud of nuttyyayap has much to be proud of nuttyyayap has much to be proud of nuttyyayap has much to be proud of nuttyyayap has much to be proud of

My laptop was my primary gaming system, it could play everything I wanted and it had a good cooler.... then the screen hinges snapped, the screen collapsed, hard drive broke 5 times, the motherboard died just today and the power unit fell out
    Quote Originally Posted by neuro View Post
    butts
    Quote Originally Posted by Siliconmaster View Post
    Butts.

When it comes to laptop reliability, you can't generalize them. If you say you have a "laptop" and then go on to say that it fell apart before long, then you're doing it wrong. You need to analyze what material the laptop was made out of along with the brand and price. Careless use of a laptop is the primary means of structural degradation. Laptops require maintenance the same as desktops, but in limited ways, which have already been mentioned. Neglect these measures and any laptop will suffer for it. Perform them and your laptop will last as long as 4-6 years.

Now let's stop this ridiculously off-topic discussion.
    Last edited by Amit; May 16th, 2012 at 10:18 PM.

It also depends on the Laptop you get, of course, and the environment you put it in.

"We also tried switching back, but they say we're using too many resources. Fuck them."

Coming from the laptop killing king himself... My Macbook Pro that I got about 3 years ago is still alive and kicking, 0 hardware problems at all, and I abuse this thing more than I ever did my other ones. Say what you want about price, but when it comes to good construction and industrial design, Macbook's come out on top.
    DSalimander: i think id be a pretty girl
    Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy
    I just can't help myself.... I just love Steve [Jobs].... there is just something about him....I like his ways and I think its the jeans and turtle necks he wears and at times stubbles on his face, he appears to be a down to earth guy..... can't wait to see him again!

That can be debatable. Mac is known to ditch their customers when older models go out of style. My brother and his girlfriend had laptops that both ended up with screwed up batteries or hardware. When they went to the store to get it fixed, the Apple employees said that they don't fix older model laptops and told them to buy new ones. They had only had their laptops for two years each. Kind of silly huh? My brother was able to drag out his old one for four years and just got a new one for graduation. It's battery ended up frying.

On my end, I have two HP laptops. One of them I've had for 6 years and I've only had to take it in for malware removal once (I had no idea how to fix those back then) and to up the RAM so it ran better. Ultimately, it lags from being over-stuffed with content that I don't want to delete, thus I cannot run a proper defrag of the computer. For some reason, antiviruses also messed up its performance a good bit (hardly notice it on my new one). My new laptop really only bitches at me when I lug it around from place to place, which then it gives me the "Dumping Physical Memory" screen (which is fixed by pressing the power button and restarting). Otherwise, no real problems.

You really won't know how your laptop will work until you start messing with it. They're really all different in that two laptops can be the same build, but one can be dysfunctional and the other will be perform optimally. You just have to trust your manufacturer or builder when it comes down to it.

"We also tried switching back, but they say we're using too many resources. Fuck them."

Yeah everyone just ignore what I said about being off topic. This should be cut off into a new thread about laptops. Where the hell is Cortexian when he's actually needed?

Last edited by Amit; May 17th, 2012 at 02:14 AM.

+rep me to cure my ebola n00b1n8R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute

ATTN: ROSS

>"R-Razowing-sempai, stop touching me there! That place is -!"
    >"Don't worry, Stormtalon-kun. You'll feel really good soon..."
    >"E-even if you say that..."

you're welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Roostervier View Post
    selentic ill admit i didnt actually watch the video because a majority of your posts are pointless, ad hominem, or ultra-liberal sensationalist bullshit

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information