+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: why'd you play CE?

Blog Entries
    Boba is on a distinguished road

Re: why'd you play CE?

Icetigrus

Had been playing Halo Trial since about summer of 2004, maybe even earlier. Modded it a lot, messed around with it, got somewhat good on it. Then I saw an interesting map called "new mombasa classic", and tried to somehow manage to play it...obviously didn't work.
    I eventually managed to "obtain" pc/ce around (very) late '04, until i noticed how damn unstable it was...so i just went and bought the real thing - mainly to play CE. Never played PC all that much other than for Campaign.

So, essentially, NMC.

...Been playing ever since early 2005.
    hurf durf

Random is on a distinguished road

Hmm, my friends and I were like omfg play halo PC. So I bought a video card for my dell :/ and dl'ed the trial. Then I got the real thing when they got it, but I talked to my other friend who played halo pc and he talked about CE which let you make custom stuff. So I was like omfg I am going to make a warthog with 4 fuel rod cannons and another one with 4 missile launchers. So after I bought PC I never played it and dl'ed CE and the editing kit with no idea of what I was doing with the editing kit. Then I went the halomaps.org and got zanzi and desert island <--(made of fucking win btw). I was like omfg and told my friends to play it and then they got zanzi and we played it. I told them to do an ALT - F4 and they did (owned bitches).

Then I came to the said realization that I don't have the money nor the system to make maps. So I uninstalled hek and just played. Played some Wartorn and then some more Wartorn and then some NMC. Then in some NMC server I joined a clan (XTR) <-- (lulz, but they had a better website then [FBI] ). In XTR I met that jackrabbit guy who can't type comprehensible sentences, but he was cool to me. Then because I said oh hey I could learn to map, so I reinstalled hek and got 3dsmax 7. And taught myself how to model, but then I didn't know what the middle button was so I couldn't use sapien . But I made shitty models for a while. And then the XTR clan fell apart.

After that I stopped moding until Korny released scripting stuff <--(epic win) Then I started on making a sync script, and after working on it for A week, I was successful . I released the script, and didn't do any scripting for months. I focused once again on my playing skills and in a bg game I met mech and shortly after joined the newly formed [FBI] clan (btw mech told me to say that he is a nigger who likes to call other people niggers) I got better at halo at this time, especially after making the wonderful discovery while playing MG's and Neuro's anxiety that if you don't hold the trigger down the shots are more accurate. The difference was night and day, which made me very happy. My modeling skills also improved, and because it was the summer and I had time I modeled my p90 which is still my favorite model.

Then nearing I think the end of summer Leet contacted me about scripting which I had completely forgot about :x, so after a recrash course in hsc I made the terminal script, and then the Midship platform script, and during the midship script development time Peng contacted me about ambush, so I started working on the team biped script, which still isn't done. I also began working on a model of Highgrounds and my current wip Forgotten_Falls. I worked on some other stuff like some gun for boba which is like 10% done and played a little bit more. And then I was bored and made powder to test my snow idea I had when I didn't even have Halo, and had fun with that. Finally I was bored yet again, and asked myself "have I been lied too" "are duel wields really impossible?" and I answered "no > *make script time/music* and here I am not as good at halo as I was over the summer (but still damn good tbh >.>) A whole lot better at everything dealing with moding, thinking of building a new computer (screw you dell >:U) for vista and DX10 and still modeling for myself and scripting for everyone that asks (leet's mod, Ambush, Cmt, myself still :x). And to wrap this up I still haven't released anything in the way of a custom map which pisses me off greatly.

And thats the longest post I have ever written, and if you read it, you just read my Halo Autobiography.
    Last edited by Random; March 1st, 2007 at 09:13 PM.

Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute

I saw an article on bungie showing the maps fissure falls, nightcamp, blood islands and a few others; that convinced me to check halo CE out. The article is no longer there, though :-(

Edit: I found it! http://www.bungie.net/News/TopStory....tory=HEKupdate
    Shows how much I can remember from Early 2004 (no date); the maps were Blood Islands, Casualty Gorge and Night Camp. Good stuff.
    Last edited by Timo; March 1st, 2007 at 09:24 PM.

this is a custom user tit
    Atty has a reputation beyond repute Atty has a reputation beyond repute Atty has a reputation beyond repute Atty has a reputation beyond repute Atty has a reputation beyond repute Atty has a reputation beyond repute Atty has a reputation beyond repute Atty has a reputation beyond repute Atty has a reputation beyond repute Atty has a reputation beyond repute Atty has a reputation beyond repute

I can't remember the map but I saw a map with different color portals (it was a snow map.) I thought it was so awesome so I looked around and found out about Halo CE.
    "Conscars" (7:16:35 PM): until I noticed his legs, i thought it was a :conspiracy:

The release of Halo 2 CE prompted me to download Custom Edition for the first time. I never had xbl and never will, so I was excited about free online Halo 2 multiplayer. Wasn't bad either.

First map I dl'ed was Zanzibar. Man, happy days. Still one of my favorite H2 maps that I actually appreciate being in the CE map folder.
    mini ITX build: core i5 2320, 8 GB RAM, Geforce GTX560 Ti

What? Are you DENSE? Are you RETARDED or something? Who the hell do you think I am? I'm the goddamn BATMAN.

JDMFSeanP is on a distinguished road

I actually downloaded it to play CMT content, not too long ago really. Id played halo 2 (Before i modded it) and got bored and wanted new halo to play, mainly halo 3 weapons..(which are now in halo 2, yar! lol)
    [ G * H ] L O L B A L L S

Quote Originally Posted by Atty View Post
    I can't remember the map but I saw a map with different color portals (it was a snow map.) I thought it was so awesome so I looked around and found out about Halo CE.
    Frost?

I heard about H2CE and instantly downloaded Halo CE and all the H2CE stuff...
    Halo CE Website

(Click for live stats)

I was into Halo modding and then I heard about the upcoming release of Halo: Custom Edition so I immediately got into it when it was first released.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information