+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [GALLERY] Wakeboy's Photoshop Practice projects.

[GALLERY] Wakeboy's Photoshop Practice projects.

I have had photoshop cs3 sitting on my Hard drive for months now and just yesterday I got around to using it.

Here's what I can do so far.

Any tips for doing things like this more realistic in the future?

Blog Entries
    Con has much to be proud of Con has much to be proud of Con has much to be proud of Con has much to be proud of Con has much to be proud of Con has much to be proud of Con has much to be proud of Con has much to be proud of Con has much to be proud of Con has much to be proud of Con has much to be proud of

Re: Wakeboy's Photoshop Practice projects.

Don't forget to keep your shadow in the composition. I'm not sure why you cut yourself out before combining. If the shots line up you can just keep the general area around the subject you're adding since it shouldn't be any different from the others.

It's hard to keep my Shadows because sometimes when I goto take the other picture the colors come out just slightly different and when i goto past myself in, some of the ground around me doesnt match up just right. Same with the car, it can come out two different shades of red.

Blog Entries
    Con has much to be proud of Con has much to be proud of Con has much to be proud of Con has much to be proud of Con has much to be proud of Con has much to be proud of Con has much to be proud of Con has much to be proud of Con has much to be proud of Con has much to be proud of Con has much to be proud of

Adjust the colours of that layer and use a large soft brush to erase a border between photos so you don't get a line.

I like that second picture ^^

How are these?

Blog Entries

They look unrealistic, the green especially. What method did you use to change the colour?

Err.. I seclected all of the red via Magic wand tool, then went to brushes and picked the color replacement brush.

Blog Entries

The problem with replacing colour is that some areas of your car have a different amount of saturation. When you replace colour, you lose that information and the saturation of the affected area is replaced by the adjustment colour's saturation. Also, try to work with layers rather than the brush. Layers are a lot more flexible in the first place, and they also let you make changes later on of you need to do so (which is often).

Below you can see my first slice replaces colour, while my second slice shows hue replacement. I did this by roughly selecting the car with the wand tool, and using that selection as a mask on a new layer. For that layer, you just click the make mask button and it will use the current selection. I filled the layer with the bright blue and changed the blending mode to hue, rather than colour like I did in the first slice.

You can see the reflection of the clouds are more realistic, because the car reflects clouds as white, which is less saturated than the paint colour around it. Of course, it gets a little more complicated if your reflection has multiple colours in it--you would want to adjust your mask so that it wouldn't fully replace the hue of the reflections. Cars are pretty easy though, just look out for blue sky reflections on the upper surfaces and try not to replace that hue.

Now let's suppose you wanted to apply a greyish blue to your car instead. Changing the saturation of your adjustment layer does nothing, since it only affects hue. We want to retain the lower saturation of the cloud reflections, so what I did in the last slice was duplicated my blue hue layer and desaturated it, changing the blending mode to saturation, and decreasing the opacity of the layer.

The final blue colour looks more realistic than the first, and less fruity than the second.
    Last edited by Con; September 25th, 2008 at 12:09 AM.

Holy crap conscars that looks amazing.

I'll try it like that a little later. I need to run out and get some job applications today :<

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information