+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [WIP]M4 Carbine

Hunter is on a distinguished road

[WIP]M4 Carbine

Not going to ingame. Will be to high poly. Basicly it will be a high poly M4 Carbine, when finished, I will get rid of the shit and make a low poly version for in-game.

All progress will be put in this thread, newest at the top. Also, bare in mind that my version wil have parts on it from a variation of m4 carbine versions.
    M4 Carbine:
    [thumb]http://tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/media/32in_m401.JPG[/thumb]

14 March 09 (2:24AM):
    [thumb]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/martynball/M4CarbineBarrel2.jpg[/thumb]

14 March 09 (9:37PM):
    Reference:
    [thumb]http://store.a51tactical.com/images/mnt-hg416sa-m.jpg[/thumb]
    [thumb]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/martynball/M4CarbineBarrel.jpg[/thumb]

13 March 09:
    [thumb]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/martynball/M4Carbine1.jpg[/thumb]
    Last edited by Hunter; March 14th, 2009 at 09:29 PM.

teh lag has a reputation beyond repute teh lag has a reputation beyond repute teh lag has a reputation beyond repute teh lag has a reputation beyond repute teh lag has a reputation beyond repute teh lag has a reputation beyond repute teh lag has a reputation beyond repute teh lag has a reputation beyond repute teh lag has a reputation beyond repute teh lag has a reputation beyond repute teh lag has a reputation beyond repute

Re: [WIP]M4 Carbine

The modeling seems fairly clean at least, so I've gotta give you credit for that. I'm not so familiar with the gun, but snaf/ross & co could probably give you comments in that respect. The first... thing seems a bit wider (not thicker, just... wider) than it should be - be careful to make sure they you don't wind up with the wrong proportions (as I have countless times with my mechs and ended up spending as much time fixing them as I do modeling). The first "thing" could also strand to have more sides - if polycount isn't an issue, I don't think it'd be unreasonable to up it some there.

Also, a tip : when it comes to high-poly modeling, it's usually a good idea to make as much of the model in seperate meshes as possible; I find it far easier to work with.

A wireframe view of the stock/grip would be nice.
    Last edited by teh lag; March 14th, 2009 at 04:56 PM.

On the attachment section I only had afew sides beause I spent ages trying to add those holes to the cylinder without the triangles being close together. Because they kept on making dark smoothing errors. Thats also the reason the holes dont have many sides.

I see what you mean about the fatness, I will fix. Thanks.

I will get you a wireframe of the stock and front grip in a bit, Just going to finish the front grip first.

ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of

What variation of the M4 are you going to do? If you do a grenadier version like CoD4's I'll animate it :V

Glorious Beacon of Light Disaster's Avatar
    Disaster has a reputation beyond repute Disaster has a reputation beyond repute Disaster has a reputation beyond repute Disaster has a reputation beyond repute Disaster has a reputation beyond repute Disaster has a reputation beyond repute Disaster has a reputation beyond repute Disaster has a reputation beyond repute Disaster has a reputation beyond repute Disaster has a reputation beyond repute Disaster has a reputation beyond repute

I'll paint it if someone wants to unwrap that bitch

?

rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by rossmum; March 14th, 2009 at 10:28 PM.
    Take my hand and I'll show you what was and will be

SnaFuBAR has a reputation beyond repute SnaFuBAR has a reputation beyond repute SnaFuBAR has a reputation beyond repute SnaFuBAR has a reputation beyond repute SnaFuBAR has a reputation beyond repute SnaFuBAR has a reputation beyond repute SnaFuBAR has a reputation beyond repute SnaFuBAR has a reputation beyond repute SnaFuBAR has a reputation beyond repute SnaFuBAR has a reputation beyond repute SnaFuBAR has a reputation beyond repute

Stock looks really off, the vertical grip is totally wrong, barrel details are wrong, front sight details are wrong, poly distribution is totally wtf.

ICEE has a reputation beyond repute ICEE has a reputation beyond repute ICEE has a reputation beyond repute ICEE has a reputation beyond repute ICEE has a reputation beyond repute ICEE has a reputation beyond repute ICEE has a reputation beyond repute ICEE has a reputation beyond repute ICEE has a reputation beyond repute ICEE has a reputation beyond repute ICEE has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love to animate this when your done, but I'd prefer to remove the vertical grip, if thats ok with you.
    With my bare hands

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information