+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 115

Thread: No.

  1. #51

    Re: No.

    Quote Originally Posted by dark57 View Post
    This website is fucked up in many ways.
    much like ur posting
    Reply With Quote

  2. #52
    this is a custom user tit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lakeland, FL
    Posts
    3,665
    Atty has a reputation beyond repute Atty has a reputation beyond repute Atty has a reputation beyond repute Atty has a reputation beyond repute Atty has a reputation beyond repute Atty has a reputation beyond repute Atty has a reputation beyond repute Atty has a reputation beyond repute Atty has a reputation beyond repute Atty has a reputation beyond repute Atty has a reputation beyond repute

    Re: No.

    Somehow I sense an oldfag vs newfag war coming on between the members and I don't feel like dealing with people getting butt hurt. I'm locking this thread to avoid any problems, if an Admin wants to re-open, go ahead.
    "Conscars" (7:16:35 PM): until I noticed his legs, i thought it was a :conspiracy:



    Reply With Quote

  3. #53
    Back for the Russian Halo p0lar_bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    5,242
    Blog Entries
    11
    p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future

    Re: No.

    dark57 and onotix have been banned upon request of the original user (both the same guy).

    Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralBacon View Post
    This should be a serious forum, as it's geared towards a technical subject, not random posting and porn (ie, 4chan or any other chan).
    Yes, I would love to make this site a more serious in what we hope to achieve. However, at the same time, I don't want it to become a srsbzns-only site where humor leads to a permaban. Yet then again, it's hard to exactly put a foot down on what we want and don't want due to the differing points of view here.

    "...I solve problems. But not problems like 'what is beauty,' as that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy." -TF2 Engineer, Meet the Engineer

    This again leads me to bringing up my personal eternal struggle for a balance between quality and quantity. It's hard when many cultures clash; goons, /b/tards, pricks, toughguys, artists, morons, etc, at least in our current state. We're a modding website, yet I look around and not a lot is being done. Our most active section is Halo CE (due to the fact that the forums were founded by a Gearbox Forums userbase). All of the other sections don't seem to get as much attention, namely, the Orange Box forum. TF2 is obviously a favorite of most users here, yet this community has only spat out two maps since we launched, and both were made by jahrain, who is now inactive.

    In order to achieve our goal, we need YOU to help and contribute. Yes, YOU. The users. Each staff member only knows so much about any given topic if anything at all, and there's a lot of untapped potential in this userbase. Granted, we are missing some tools to help the userbase along (e.g. an article system), and I realize that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Buckshot View Post
    I'd start making more "electronics review" threads if they didn't keep getting flames.
    In all honesty, Buckshot, for some reason your electronics review threads seem to come off as useless and a bit condescending. In fact, your general posting style comes off as condescending. Whenever I see a post of yours, you usually manage to compare the subject at hand to your own personal life, as if you're living the dream and everything else is garbage compared to it, especially the topic. I'm not the only one who feels this way; a number of my friends and a couple other staff members also share this opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by ICEE View Post
    yeah and its unfortunate. However, higher members tend to be perfect cocks once they get widely considered "higher members". Not naming any names some of them seem like they want to keep other members down. There are of course very good helpful and knowledgeable "higher members", and they are the ones I respect. Those who push around their imaginary authority can kiss the filthiest part of my body.
    I agree that there has been a bit too much elitism and newbie bashing around here lately. This is another moral dilemma I'm faced with. While I'm all for a community that helps one another out, I can't help but feel that sometimes, people need to know when they're screwing with is, and screw with them right back, and it's mostly in part due to my working in retail for the past 3 years (). It's unprofessional, yes, but this is a situation where I feel complete professionalism is too far. Look at Bungie. Frankie (when he was there) and Lukems regularly poke fun at the userbase, occasionally singling out users or groups who did something completely and totally wrong (think of the Waahhmbulance Matchmaking ban updates with the e-mail excerpts). That said, one of these days I would like to sit down with other staff members, revise the AUP and discipline system, and make it clear on what flavor of bashing is acceptable (mint or strawberry, idk). Yeah, yeah, we should have no bashing period, but you have to admit, sometimes making someone realize that they're running around with their fly open and sack sticking out in the brashest, loudest way possible is just what the doctor ordered.

    (DISCLAIMER: What I just said are my own personal views. I realize that I do not own this site and have no right to go and change things on a whim, or enforce my own set of ideals if they conflict with anything the staff has going. If needed, I will change up my methods to better suit the site.)
    Last edited by p0lar_bear; January 30th, 2009 at 03:34 AM.
    "Halo 1 didn't have proper mustache code and that's why the new mustache seems overpowered."
    -ejburke, Nov. 2011
    Tumbler Dot Com
    Reply With Quote

  4. #54
    Back for the Russian Halo p0lar_bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    5,242
    Blog Entries
    11
    p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future

    Re: No.

    Thread reopened for the time being. If shit gets hot, someone please lock it.

    Try to avoid starting a newfag vs oldfag flamewar. Please.
    "Halo 1 didn't have proper mustache code and that's why the new mustache seems overpowered."
    -ejburke, Nov. 2011
    Tumbler Dot Com
    Reply With Quote

  5. #55

    Re: No.

    One thing that consistently gets on my nerves, and has recently calmed down, is the way that members tend to agree with long-standing artists in the community that have years of experience.

    First, we sound harsh because often times, it's not the ego-stroking congrats that the new people want to hear, but then, it's taken even less seriously because of the fucking squawking parrots that want to back up our opinions in the nastiest, rudest way possible.

    I'm already viewed as an asshole, I don't need help, thanks. If you're not a seasoned artist that knows the terminology and the work flow, I don't need you to quote me and say, "YEAH U FUKIN NOOB, GIVE UP", because that's not what I'm saying.

    Then, there's the way people take crit.

    Type 1) UGH FUK U DOOD UR SUCH A DIK UR NOT SO SPECIL FUCK U DIE.
    Type 2) it doesn't matter i'm not finishing this anyways idk what u say you're wrong

    1) Find some maturity, tutorials, patience, and return later. Stop posting until you accomplish this

    2) Stop posting your work. If you don't give a damn about your work, why should we?

    Also, rep babies. "OMG U NEG'D ME UR A DICKHEAD". No, maybe you got neg'd because YOU'RE a dickhead and you constantly make DICKHEAD POSTS.

    Not forgetting :conspiracy: theorists about the :conspiracy:
    Stop crying about it. Stop crying that you don't have access. Stop crying that you think that it's used for some opression plots. You have no clue about it.
    Reply With Quote

  6. #56

    Re: No.

    Oh for Christ sake, I'm sorry about the aids thing, alright?
    Reply With Quote

  7. #57

    Re: No.

    There's only so far you can ask people to shut up or stop being meme whores, it's helpful if people do take in what has been said, but the moderation can easily handle failure posts..
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodzilla View Post
    and i'm a nice guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
    no you're not.
    Reply With Quote

  8. #58
    A V A L O N TeeKup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    7,494
    Blog Entries
    1
    TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute

    Re: No.

    The fact that a second thread concerning this topic has been made should be proof enough to all of you of the issues here. Seriously. Try and clean up your act kids.
    Reply With Quote

  9. #59

    Re: No.

    This all reminds me of a guy named Cheez tbh.
    Reply With Quote

  10. #60

    Re: No.

    This is why I should be mod.
    I don't take no bullshit.
    Reply With Quote

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts