+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Left 4 Dead request.

jngrow is on a distinguished road

Re: Left 4 Dead request.

Dude i just saw this on reddi-oh shit exam posted it.

Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute

Haha yea, thanks everyone who clicked it and rated and such. I got up on the most discussed and top rated lists for comedy yesterday. (Sure, I was at like #65 for both of em... but... still... a lot better than I've done before... :P)

sdavis117 is on a distinguished road

I'm guessing you used a greenscreen to get the outdoor zombie shots to look like they were right outside the window.

What did you use for your greenscreen to make it look to smooth and solid? Everything I try always gives me mixed results. And by mixed I mean crappy results.

Formerly Spartan123209

Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, I didn't use a green screen.

I rotoscoped out my arms, the cookies, the blind's string, the blinds moving, the tag on the blind's string, and the little bar that hangs down to turn them. I then recreated the window's glass in photoshop and made it into an overlay pass to go over the 2D render of the zombie's 3D card.

I made another image in photoshop of the window's frame to layer over all of that stuff.

then I layered the video of me over all of that to get the final result.

If my neighbors would have turned off their lights outside I could have just masked off the blinds and the window frame and overlayed the live action video over the CG one.

i recorded it at night, so the window was fairly black... and so if I would have been able to go that route it would have looked a lot better becuase I would have been able to keep the reflection of me in the window, and wouldn't have had a static overlay over the whole thing.

I plan on making a "creation of" or "behind the scenes" of it to show how i did it all.

I spent about 10 hours working on it to make it look right (and because I don't know the program as well as I wish I did.)

And the thing about green screens... is you still will have to clean up the matte. You wont ever get a good matte your first try with it..

What program are you using?

sdavis117 is on a distinguished road

Sony Vegas Studio.

Formerly Spartan123209

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information