+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 42

Thread: So um yhea

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In a Place
    Posts
    5,129
    Blog Entries
    1
    Inferno is on a distinguished road

    Re: So um yhea

    I'd do a conversion of the h1 campaign.
    Reply With Quote

  2. #12
    Conversation Terrorist Pyong Kawaguchi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    East Usa
    Posts
    3,699
    Pyong Kawaguchi has a brilliant future Pyong Kawaguchi has a brilliant future Pyong Kawaguchi has a brilliant future Pyong Kawaguchi has a brilliant future Pyong Kawaguchi has a brilliant future Pyong Kawaguchi has a brilliant future Pyong Kawaguchi has a brilliant future Pyong Kawaguchi has a brilliant future Pyong Kawaguchi has a brilliant future Pyong Kawaguchi has a brilliant future Pyong Kawaguchi has a brilliant future

    Re: So um yhea

    That would be fun, it would allow for better shaders/graphics/ai and still keep the h1 feel
    a full h1>h2v conversion would probably be easier than the opposite, and give the game decent netcode for once :3
    Buttsocks for sale! Getcher buttsocks here!
    Reply With Quote

  3. #13

    Re: So um yhea

    The problem wasn't really the toolkit as much as it was that H2V was not as fun to play or develop for. At least as compared to CE, which was infinitely more fun to play and make custom stuff for, especially after all of the hacking we did at the HaloCE toolkit to make it usable.
    Reply With Quote

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In a Place
    Posts
    5,129
    Blog Entries
    1
    Inferno is on a distinguished road

    Re: So um yhea

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGhost View Post
    The problem wasn't really the toolkit as much as it was that H2V was not as fun to play or develop for. At least as compared to CE, which was infinitely more fun to play and make custom stuff for, especially after all of the hacking we did at the HaloCE toolkit to make it usable.
    Halo CE has players. That's the difference. I think H2V's core editing tools are much more stable than Halo 1's and much easier to use in some ways but over all the tags are REALLY broken and the game itself is full of bugs. Also the editing kit is 90% locked and tool is stripped down real bad.
    Reply With Quote

  5. #15

    Re: So um yhea

    Quote Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
    Halo CE has players. That's the difference. I think H2V's core editing tools are much more stable than Halo 1's and much easier to use in some ways but over all the tags are REALLY broken and the game itself is full of bugs. Also the editing kit is 90% locked and tool is stripped down real bad.
    The h2v tools are far less stable, hell, opening two scenario tags in h2guerilla crashes the thing. I'd say the h1 tools are more useful and stable, h2v was just all around awful.
    Last edited by Choking Victim; May 12th, 2009 at 10:54 AM.
    Reply With Quote

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In a Place
    Posts
    5,129
    Blog Entries
    1
    Inferno is on a distinguished road

    Re: So um yhea

    Never had problems with the tools (besides lack of documentation) I thought they worked just as well and in some cases better than HEK.
    Reply With Quote

  7. #17

    Re: So um yhea

    Quote Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
    Never had problems with the tools (besides lack of documentation) I thought they worked just as well and in some cases better than HEK.
    Bungie's internal H2EK maybe, not the released toolset.
    Last edited by Choking Victim; May 12th, 2009 at 04:42 PM.
    Reply With Quote

  8. #18

    Re: So um yhea

    Microsoft bastards.
    Reply With Quote

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    2,012
    Advancebo is on a distinguished road

    Re: So um yhea

    I know Kirby422 would be interested in scripting for H2V, if it was unlocked and such. He told me how he could do so much with the new codes that arent in CE.
    Reply With Quote

  10. #20

    Re: So um yhea

    Well... if we as a community want to strip down h2ek, decode it, unlock it then hell i don't see why h2v would be a bad game anymore and plus it would give MANY bored modders/map mapkers/coders/programmers from halo ce to move onto a more versatile game.
    H2v Hub
    Reply With Quote

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts