Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: So um yhea

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Inferno is on a distinguished road

Re: So um yhea

I'd do a conversion of the h1 campaign.

Conversation Terrorist Pyong Kawaguchi's Avatar
    Pyong Kawaguchi has a brilliant future Pyong Kawaguchi has a brilliant future Pyong Kawaguchi has a brilliant future Pyong Kawaguchi has a brilliant future Pyong Kawaguchi has a brilliant future Pyong Kawaguchi has a brilliant future Pyong Kawaguchi has a brilliant future Pyong Kawaguchi has a brilliant future Pyong Kawaguchi has a brilliant future Pyong Kawaguchi has a brilliant future Pyong Kawaguchi has a brilliant future

That would be fun, it would allow for better shaders/graphics/ai and still keep the h1 feel
    a full h1>h2v conversion would probably be easier than the opposite, and give the game decent netcode for once :3
    Buttsocks for sale! Getcher buttsocks here!

The problem wasn't really the toolkit as much as it was that H2V was not as fun to play or develop for. At least as compared to CE, which was infinitely more fun to play and make custom stuff for, especially after all of the hacking we did at the HaloCE toolkit to make it usable.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhost View Post
    The problem wasn't really the toolkit as much as it was that H2V was not as fun to play or develop for. At least as compared to CE, which was infinitely more fun to play and make custom stuff for, especially after all of the hacking we did at the HaloCE toolkit to make it usable.
    Halo CE has players. That's the difference. I think H2V's core editing tools are much more stable than Halo 1's and much easier to use in some ways but over all the tags are REALLY broken and the game itself is full of bugs. Also the editing kit is 90% locked and tool is stripped down real bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
    Halo CE has players. That's the difference. I think H2V's core editing tools are much more stable than Halo 1's and much easier to use in some ways but over all the tags are REALLY broken and the game itself is full of bugs. Also the editing kit is 90% locked and tool is stripped down real bad.
    The h2v tools are far less stable, hell, opening two scenario tags in h2guerilla crashes the thing. I'd say the h1 tools are more useful and stable, h2v was just all around awful.
    Last edited by Choking Victim; May 12th, 2009 at 10:54 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Never had problems with the tools (besides lack of documentation) I thought they worked just as well and in some cases better than HEK.

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
    Never had problems with the tools (besides lack of documentation) I thought they worked just as well and in some cases better than HEK.
    Bungie's internal H2EK maybe, not the released toolset.
    Last edited by Choking Victim; May 12th, 2009 at 04:42 PM.

Microsoft bastards.

Banned
    Advancebo is on a distinguished road

I know Kirby422 would be interested in scripting for H2V, if it was unlocked and such. He told me how he could do so much with the new codes that arent in CE.

Well... if we as a community want to strip down h2ek, decode it, unlock it then hell i don't see why h2v would be a bad game anymore and plus it would give MANY bored modders/map mapkers/coders/programmers from halo ce to move onto a more versatile game.
    H2v Hub

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information