+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: [WIP] Character design.

Limited has much to be proud of Limited has much to be proud of Limited has much to be proud of Limited has much to be proud of Limited has much to be proud of Limited has much to be proud of Limited has much to be proud of

Re: Character design.

Did you have to do any research for this? A friend of mine is doing a character design course.

Gotta admit it doesnt look very futuristic, more like a style from the past. You have good potential LJ.

Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Character design.

Nah, the class was pretty much "Draw a character, give him a story, then make him in 3D."

The class was more about the process and being able to create a character "physically" rather than the story behind him. As for the futuristic/past look stuff with him... The asymmetry in the clothes design was what I had in mind to make it futuristic. If I would have went with darker colors I think it would have pushed that more, but he's at a smoothie shop... so I wanted something light and desaturated because... that just seems like a fast food thing to do IMO.

I'm not into character modeling (which... judging by my latest stuff in the quick WIP thread thing shows otherwise.. but... yar that's different haha) so this class was just kinda a pain for me... but it got me more familiar with zbrush and how to transfer the high poly geo to a normal map and such so... that's good.

This month I'll be making a new thread for my current project which is a western style environment in UT3(like a homestead/farm setting type thing) and I plan on making that look a lot better than my other UT3 level that I did for my Level Design class... but... that's for another thread.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information