+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: [WIP] Western Homestead UT3

FluffyDucky™ is on a distinguished road

Re: [WIP] Western Homestead UT3

Bahaha that's cute! Looks good.

Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute

I finally fixed the color of the wood on the main house... it was a weird green that I really didn't like at all... and I added a few more statics and textured a few more things... yup... it's getting there.

E:
    Ignore the floating plants lmao.

E2:
    Made a proper deck/porch thing for the house woooooo

Last edited by Llama Juice; June 25th, 2009 at 10:58 PM.

Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute

Don't feel like editing that post for a third time so... yea.

Not entirely happy with it, there's some stretching on the sky there... probably going to try to use a Depth of field volume or something to try to blur the edge of the terrain so that it will kind of blend in with the sky a little bit... but... *shrug* it works.

The clouds in the sky are animated too

E:
    Changed the sky a lot, can't really tell from the two pics... but before the sky repeated lol... then I wanted to put a sun in there.... and the easiest way to make it still look good was to just make it wrap all the way around... so yar... Lighting doesn't match the sun, I know... it's okay. I'm getting there haha.

Last edited by Llama Juice; June 26th, 2009 at 06:26 AM.

SonicXtreme is on a distinguished road

Try using spot lights to light the enviroment , and also a post processing volume for bloom and hue of the lighting , the terrain needs more texture layers on it to give it a better feel , cause atm the terrains just one texture by the looks of it , and theres no sort feel to it , personally i think the terrain should not be almost flat , needs something like a couple of raised sections to make it look abit more natural.

Still it looks good

The problem with making it all hilly is that the grass patches that I painted on don't wanna rotate properly to the terrain automatically, so it's either I place 3000 of em manually, or I make it less hilly.

Plus, I toned down the hilly..ness so that you could see the skybox better, was planning on using a post process volume to get the depth of field to try to hide the seam between the terrain and the skybox, I think the bushes and grass do an okay job at it, but it needs a bigger push.

(that one orange spot on the sky is the main problem IMO, I think the DOF would help that out a lot there)

I'm going to be playing with post process volumes today, I have eight hours left with this project before I turn it in, so I'm going to see what I can do with them. I still should fix my water tower, (AKA actually make one haha, the thing I have in there is just my standin one from when I was blocking everything out... :/) I want to make a bench for the porch yet, and a few piles of longer logs to put along side the barn (the idea is that it's like broken/extra fence pieces) so that will be a matter of just breaking my fence and such...

Other than that... I wanted to make a tumbleweed but I can't think of a good way to get the look right... the only thing that's really sounding right is to just use a sprite... but that's weird.... and... yea.

The terrain is mostly that sand texture, I do have a few patches where it's grass or dirt, but mostly it's that sandish one.... or a blend of the sand and the dirt or something like that.... yar.

looks alot better in the recent pictures , nice job llama

Hmmm...
    MetKiller Joe is on a distinguished road

I think it looks great.

Maybe a road passing in front of it with an old mail box?

Well, it's as done as it's gunna get haha.

There's a few things I wanted to do, but couldn't get to due to time constraints... and now I'm on break... and gunna hop on a plane in a few hours... and probably won't really touch this again...

NEED A DISPENSER HERE

Some things I don't like..

Teacher at the last moment said "Oh hey, you need detail normal maps on everything!" So I had to go in and modify my 30 materials to add in a detail normal... and didn't really have time to see what to set them all too... so my outhouse looks kinda fuzzy... but... meh

My "window" on the end of the barn is solid gray. I just noticed while watching the video that I got a little bit of another plant in one of the planes for the bush, so above the bush there's like a floating leaf haha.

I didn't get to do my post process volume. I wanted to make a bench for the porch, I got rid of the water tower, Wanted to make a few different cacti to put around. Originally I wanted an overhang off the side of the barn... Didn't have enough time for any of that stuff though :/

I also wanted to make a tumble weed... couldn't make one worth looking at so I got rid of it.
    Last edited by Llama Juice; June 27th, 2009 at 10:40 AM.

only thing i dont like is the shadows , they look abit meh , apart from that good level

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information