+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Weapon Models tutorial link

Post Custom Weapon Models tutorial link

I'm starting a tutorial on Custom Weapon Models in H2V but Modnexus is dead so this has been placed into a docx file and relocated to the Halo Repository: http://www.monstrmoose.com/MMreposit...0in%20H2V.docx

Its turning out to be much longer of a tutorial then even I guessed so I'm not really sure when it will be finished, but I'll update on here when it is. Also, I've added lots of pictures so its easy to follow.

_ _ _ _
    So ModNexus has finally given me permission to edit my own tutorial after locking down the entire site for fear of mass exodus of content after trying to claim ownership of all data. I'll try to pull myself away from other projects when I get the chance. In the meantime, here is the latest release of Fuel Station, a weapon test map featuring weapons such as:

-CE Assault Rifle

-CE Pistol

-Alien Pike

-Gravity Hammer

-Spartan Laser

-Sentinel Beam (of which Bungie/HG partially left some of its tags out)

-Portable Chain gun and Gauss gun turrets

-360° turret

-Portable Gravity Lift equipment

http://d01.megashares.com/dl/f0a891b/fuel_station.zip
    ~10.2MB (~14.4MB extracted) - Updated November 6th 2009

More info:
    http://www.monstrmoose.com/forum/vie....php?f=5&t=737
    Last edited by Resinball; July 28th, 2010 at 10:15 PM. Reason: new host, new link

Blog Entries
    Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Custom Weapon Models tutorial link

Glad someone's figured all this out finally, keep it up. +rep

CSFLOYD is on a distinguished road

Time to install halo 2 vista again..
    CtrlAltDe5tr0y (9:28:12 PM): im going to kill you
    Cherrypenish: Hdick fails

∑(〇Д◎ノ)ノ
    Blog Entries
    ultama121 has much to be proud of ultama121 has much to be proud of ultama121 has much to be proud of ultama121 has much to be proud of ultama121 has much to be proud of ultama121 has much to be proud of ultama121 has much to be proud of ultama121 has much to be proud of ultama121 has much to be proud of ultama121 has much to be proud of ultama121 has much to be proud of

Looks cool.

PwN Lone is on a distinguished road

About damn time. +rep
    HK-47 - "Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope... Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds."

This has been known for ages now :/ Remeber the model convertor app from halo ce to h2v.

But H2V's bones support 4 weights while Halo 1 only supports 2. From my memory I think thats right. But this info has been out for awhile.

The tutorial was started because this information needs to be readily available in one place, not a hundred random posts.

Also, I will be adding many steps I could not find online, only through days of trial-and-error. These steps should allow you to make proper use of the existing H2V weapon animations to allow for proper reload and what-not.

Hmm, glad to see this stuff's finally being researched... hopefully sometime there will be a way for the public to do custom animations as well, but I doubt it'll be soon.

I may try a shock rifle on H2V if it's capable enough.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information