+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: UT3 Urban Alleyway

Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute

Re: UT3 Urban Alleyway

Hyar?

72K tris btw.
    Last edited by Llama Juice; July 31st, 2009 at 03:09 AM.

Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute Llama Juice has a reputation beyond repute

I have about seven hours left thanks to the deadline being pushed back a bit. I'm going to redo the ground texture because of how low res it is, going to add in some decals and particle effects, and play with a post process volume.

In this update I added normal/spec maps. Well... the specs were generated in Ut3... so yea... but... yar.

put some color maps on those bricks!

don't paint the grunge you've got under the windows on the texture itself, you can even see the weird brighter holed where there should be windows, but there aren't. it are bad!

just add an extra UV channel to each of your houses, and blend a small texture over it just for the grunge and color differences.
    it'll let you make every single house look unique, which is something you would want.
    right now your images are... bricks, and some green stuff.
    it's as unimaginative as turok was.. which was gray and green, nothing more. everywhere.
    colourmap yer stuffz!

edit: gaah! res up that ground texture!
    look at the 3rd picture, it's eye-killing.
    you'd probably be better off using that map you've got there as a colourmap, and blend it over some proper concrete/dirt textures or something.

if i were you, i'd also invest an hour or somethign into making some kind of backdrop. right now, it's houses in the middle of a city, and then BANG, clear blue sky.
    Last edited by neuro; July 31st, 2009 at 09:12 AM.
    gallery-smellery!
    tutorial-brutorial!

Quake was a game where a guy jumped over your head at 30mph, spun, put 3 rockets in your grill and landed without slowing down and no one called "aim bot!" at it."

what i ment was, you also did it in a place where there are no windows :/ (bottom right of your texture)

i guess that if this were just for showcasing it wouldn't be so terrible, but if it were for a game, and you put all of it on one texture like that... weeeelll let's just say it's not the most efficient thing you could have done :/

you would have made the bricks a tiling texture, the trim a tiling texture both of which wouldn't have to be more than a 512, and you put a colourmap over them.

you'd get double, if not quadruple the texeldensity on your meshes, for maybe half or even a quarter of the total texturespace, which would be a big deal if it were for a console.

one more comment i'd like to make is that you've got all your stuff piled up in a corner of the scene, and the rest of the scene is pretty much empty. is this intended, or do you already have a camera position for your final shot or something? if it's not just 1 shot, but the whole scene that gets judged, i'd make sure you've got a bit more consistent density of crap thrown around, so to speak.
    gallery-smellery!
    tutorial-brutorial!

Quake was a game where a guy jumped over your head at 30mph, spun, put 3 rockets in your grill and landed without slowing down and no one called "aim bot!" at it."

It's intentional to only really care about having that one corner loaded with stuff because that's where the shot is going to be taken.

I brought up that idea of layering a texture ontop of a tiling texture like that to the teacher on the first day of class and he said not to do it, that he'd rather have it all on one big map :/ I know, I scoffed too.

I put it in places where there used to be windows. If you look at that area, there used to be windows there but they were removed and bricks were placed in their spot. The wall would still be stained after the patch job.

While I'm at it.... do you know how to make decals able to accept light and have an alpha to em?

Looks good. But the ground looks super low res... what's the deal with that?

Ganon has a brilliant future Ganon has a brilliant future Ganon has a brilliant future Ganon has a brilliant future Ganon has a brilliant future Ganon has a brilliant future Ganon has a brilliant future Ganon has a brilliant future Ganon has a brilliant future Ganon has a brilliant future Ganon has a brilliant future

if the ground is chocolate pudding, I like it.

Also, will there be any bloom or anything in this? It just is looking like a watered down UT3 piece. It's kind of making me sad. But then again I don't know what the requirements for your project is.

a bit of the old in-out Roostervier's Avatar
    Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute

yeah but adding a post process volume takes all of five seconds <_<

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information