+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fucking EXCEPTION halts.

Taiko Drums = Win
    FRain has much to be proud of FRain has much to be proud of FRain has much to be proud of FRain has much to be proud of FRain has much to be proud of FRain has much to be proud of FRain has much to be proud of FRain has much to be proud of FRain has much to be proud of FRain has much to be proud of

Fucking EXCEPTION halts.

EXCEPTION halt in .\import_collision_bsp\build_collision_geometry.c, #979: bsp3d plane_test_point <plane, point0, NULL>==bsp3dplane_test_ON

Wat.

This is what happens when I build my BSP. I can't really tell what it's trying to say, other than a point on a plane is null in the collision geometry.

Obviously, I don't think that's it.

I've never seen that, I've searched around and can't find anything that comes up with that.
    [5:58:08 PM] Sascha Burckhardt: going into max with my busted hdd atm
    [5:58:12 PM] Sascha Burckhardt: so if it goes LOLOL BORK
    [5:58:26 PM] Inferno: dont make me send you a fucking HDD on overnight

Taiko Drums = Win
    FRain has much to be proud of FRain has much to be proud of FRain has much to be proud of FRain has much to be proud of FRain has much to be proud of FRain has much to be proud of FRain has much to be proud of FRain has much to be proud of FRain has much to be proud of FRain has much to be proud of

Re: Fucking EXCEPTION halts.

Help? I portaled the map and it's still giving me the shits.

a bit of the old in-out Roostervier's Avatar
    Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute

Is your map extremely large?

Taiko Drums = Win

Yes, you drop in using HEV pods (SP) and I didn't want you to see the edge of the map. I made the map somewhat smaller, but that didnt work

E: Also, the bsp is 15k polies. (1st outdoor section, indoor section, second outdoor section)
    Last edited by FRain; July 21st, 2009 at 02:28 AM.

Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute

Your problem just gave me an idea for providing some more details when there is an exception during bsp import. Hopefully I can get it into OS in time.

But yeah...it should be a standard to split your level's bsp into multiple bsps when its laid out like that (so you'll end up with three)

Taiko Drums = Win

See, I don't think that will help because the other three sections within the first section's skybox. That's why I merged them.

Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute

What does the skybox have to do with anything? You'd just be breaking down how much actual geometry there is to process and create statical data representations of, which could be the reason for your error (read: you're going over the set engine limit).

Taiko Drums = Win

Ah, okay. I thought 50k was the set engine limit, not 15. My mistake.

there was no sarcasm in that post, but when i read it it sounded like it

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information