+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Considering picking up a GameCube, what games should I be after?

+rep to cure coronavirus n00b1n8R's Avatar
    n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute

Considering picking up a GameCube, what games should I be after?

So yeah, a gamecube. Been wanting to get one for a while, I'm coming into some money this weekend and among other things, i'll see if anywhere still carries second hand ones (last I saw they were like $40, and that's a year ago).

but obviously, I need some games.
    What I've been wanting (in no particular order):
    Windwaker
    Metroid (which one?)
    Pikmin (1 or 2?)
    Beyond good and evil

Maybes:
    Possibly killer 7?
    paper mario?
    rogue leader?
    Monkeyball?
    Viewtiful Joe?
    How good was Sunshine? (keep in mind I never played SM64)

Any great sleepers I've never heard of? Cult classics? I don't care if it's the flashiest graphics, I just want good, solid games.

PS: I don't give much of a fuck about SSB:M, but if I see it somewhere cheap I'll consider it.
    Last edited by n00b1n8R; July 27th, 2009 at 05:14 AM.

Reaper Man has much to be proud of Reaper Man has much to be proud of Reaper Man has much to be proud of Reaper Man has much to be proud of Reaper Man has much to be proud of Reaper Man has much to be proud of Reaper Man has much to be proud of Reaper Man has much to be proud of Reaper Man has much to be proud of Reaper Man has much to be proud of Reaper Man has much to be proud of

Re: Considering picking up a GameCube, what games should I be after?

Super Mario Sunshine

NullZero has much to be proud of NullZero has much to be proud of NullZero has much to be proud of NullZero has much to be proud of NullZero has much to be proud of NullZero has much to be proud of NullZero has much to be proud of NullZero has much to be proud of NullZero has much to be proud of NullZero has much to be proud of NullZero has much to be proud of

ssbm was my best gamecube game back in the times...

+rep to cure coronavirus n00b1n8R's Avatar
    n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute

I'm no Nintendo fanboy, and SSB isn't exactly known for it's deep good gameplay.
    I'd pick it up as a party game but that's about it. The reason I'm getting a GC is to play great games I missed out of back in the day.
    Last edited by n00b1n8R; July 27th, 2009 at 06:42 PM.

Mr Buckshot is on a distinguished road

Mario Kart Double Dash
    Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (it's a remake of the old 1998 PS1 game, with better graphics and new moves. Same levels and plot)

there are also some good 3rd party games that also released on Xbox and PS2 but still performed well on the GC. 007 Everything or Nothing is one example, along with some of the Crash Bandicoot games.
    mini ITX build: core i5 2320, 8 GB RAM, Geforce GTX560 Ti

What? Are you DENSE? Are you RETARDED or something? Who the hell do you think I am? I'm the goddamn BATMAN.

teh lag has a reputation beyond repute teh lag has a reputation beyond repute teh lag has a reputation beyond repute teh lag has a reputation beyond repute teh lag has a reputation beyond repute teh lag has a reputation beyond repute teh lag has a reputation beyond repute teh lag has a reputation beyond repute teh lag has a reputation beyond repute teh lag has a reputation beyond repute teh lag has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely get Prime 1. Prime 2 was the last fun of the 3 games (not to say it wasn't fun... it drags on though and you'll probably have a better first experience with the first game).

I had Viewtiful Joe and I didn't really like it. After playing through it once I didn't touch it again unless I wanted to remember something; the gameplay felt really repetitive to me.

Sunshine was fun enough. It also got repetitive after a while, but I didn't mind.

The thing about SSB is you really need friends who are also into playing it. It's a game you play with others if you want to have fun. If you know people who like and you can have them over to play it then I'd say go for it, but if not then don't bother.

swisha...swisha...swisha Darqeness's Avatar
    Darqeness is on a distinguished road

Windwaker's an essential one.
    I enjoyed the first Metroid Prime more than the second, although they're both great games.
    Both Pikmin's are good, you'll enjoy both equally imo.
    Super Mario Sunshine is a great Mario game, probably the weakest 3D Mario so far, but by no means is it a bad game.
    The Rogue Squadron games are good. Rebel Strike tended to have too many on-foot or ground based missions and the few flying missions were very linear. So I'd recommend Rogue Leader over Rebel Strike.

What else...?

F-Zero GX is fantastic.
    I haven't played Viewtiful Joe but I've heard some good things about it.

If you can find a copy that is under $100(AUS) MGS: Twin Snakes is a good one to pick up. Though it is extremely rare and is often sold for ridiculous prices.

There's probably more, but I can't think of them right now.

Twilight Princess is also for the gamecube if you don't have a wii it's still a good game to play without motion control. Resident Evil 4 was also a great game but you may have already played it on another console.

Conversation Terrorist Pyong Kawaguchi's Avatar
    Pyong Kawaguchi has a brilliant future Pyong Kawaguchi has a brilliant future Pyong Kawaguchi has a brilliant future Pyong Kawaguchi has a brilliant future Pyong Kawaguchi has a brilliant future Pyong Kawaguchi has a brilliant future Pyong Kawaguchi has a brilliant future Pyong Kawaguchi has a brilliant future Pyong Kawaguchi has a brilliant future Pyong Kawaguchi has a brilliant future Pyong Kawaguchi has a brilliant future

Get metal arms glitch in the system, its great.
    Buttsocks for sale! Getcher buttsocks here!

Ganon has a brilliant future Ganon has a brilliant future Ganon has a brilliant future Ganon has a brilliant future Ganon has a brilliant future Ganon has a brilliant future Ganon has a brilliant future Ganon has a brilliant future Ganon has a brilliant future Ganon has a brilliant future Ganon has a brilliant future

the rogue leader is pretty fun. you might like luigi's mansion... metroid 1 was definitely the best game I had for the gamecube though.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information