View Poll Results: Would you Join the Military?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, if we were at war and I had a choice (no draft)

6 7.69%
  • Yes, whether or not we were at war

10 12.82%
  • Maybe.

10 12.82%
  • No, i just don't think it's the thing for me

17 21.79%
  • No, and I wouldn't join

32 41.03%
  • Other

3 3.85%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Joining the Military?

Re: Joining the Military?

The only reason I see myself joining the Air Force is because of my love for technology and my wanting to be something in life. I will never get that without someone to foot the bill, and it won't be anyone I know. I'd like to be an engineer or something like that. Who knows though.

I would if the country i live in was in danger, but there havnt been any "necessary" wars in a long time.

Banned
    Dotkito92 is on a distinguished road

I'm joining for a full-time career, war or no war. I'm kinda excited to actually fight for my country if need be though. Maybe if we invade North Korea or China, I'll be able to get some real action for once.

Cojafoji has much to be proud of Cojafoji has much to be proud of Cojafoji has much to be proud of Cojafoji has much to be proud of Cojafoji has much to be proud of Cojafoji has much to be proud of Cojafoji has much to be proud of Cojafoji has much to be proud of Cojafoji has much to be proud of Cojafoji has much to be proud of Cojafoji has much to be proud of

my family doesn't have a good track record with the military. my grandfather was a first lieutenant in the army air core in CBI during ww2. he was demoted to private for busting up some colonels face. not like drunk and belligerent style, just, "you want me to do WHAT?" in a non-life threatening situation.

anyway... I don't take orders well, and I'm VERY independent. i'd have the same problem with authority that my grandfather had, and since i'm twice his size, and pack three times the wallop when it comes to punching and fighting, that'd be a bad thing.

Back for the Russian Halo p0lar_bear's Avatar
    p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future

Absolutely not. With my klutzy track record, in any military position I'd consider myself a hazard to myself and others.
    "Halo 1 didn't have proper mustache code and that's why the new mustache seems overpowered."
    -ejburke, Nov. 2011
    Tumbler Dot Com

this is a custom user tit
    Atty has a reputation beyond repute Atty has a reputation beyond repute Atty has a reputation beyond repute Atty has a reputation beyond repute Atty has a reputation beyond repute Atty has a reputation beyond repute Atty has a reputation beyond repute Atty has a reputation beyond repute Atty has a reputation beyond repute Atty has a reputation beyond repute Atty has a reputation beyond repute

I've considered joining a branch of the military as a boost for my F.B.I. resume but I've decided against it, at least, for the moment. If I did I'd do it after I had my four year degree and go in as an officer.
    "Conscars" (7:16:35 PM): until I noticed his legs, i thought it was a :conspiracy:

I think about army/marines as it crosses my mind every once in a while. The thing is that its an 8 year commitment. With Marines you're first in last out. With army your tour of duty is a lot longer.
    I say to play it safe navy is best an air force is second best. If you're navy you don't have to worry much because not many countries have a big navy. With Air force you just fly out do your mission and return to base.
    "We consist of that which is around us, we are the same as everything. If we destroy something around us, we destroy ourselves. If we cheat another, we cheat ourselves."

I've been considering the Air Force, Marines, or Navy, with the ultimate goal of being a pilot. It's a tough decision to consider, given the commitment, effort, and risk involved versus the awesomeness of the payoff and the opportunities it would give me on down the line.

klange is on a distinguished road

I would never survive bootcamp. I'm a skinny-white-boy hacker (in the old sense of the term).

Varmint260 is on a distinguished road

Nah, I wouldn't enlist in the military. However, I am in the "ring of qualified candidates" for a job with the Dept of National Defense to be a civilian mechanic working on base. That's as close to the military as I'd want to be.
    Lose it. It means go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No longer in possession of one's faculties. Three fries short of a happy meal...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information