+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [WIP]New Mombasa "Sector 7" Training Facility.

[WIP]New Mombasa "Sector 7" Training Facility.

Also known as My Last CGI Scene in the Halo Universe Until Further Notice

Well, this is it ladies and gent's. For those of you who didn't know me on Halomods, I've been involved in the Halo community since 2004. I've been doing CGI renders of the series for the past 5 years, and this time is drawing to a close. I've been talking with many friends recently, and they all agree that by sticking so closely to Halo, my creative talents are being greatly inhibited. Therefore, this topic is for the last scene I will make in the universe of Halo for a long time, possibly ever.

The environment I am creating for this piece is a fictional UNSC training outpost in New Mombasa, known as "Sector 7." The name is an homage to Bungie, and you will see many tributes to prominent members and friends in this piece.

I am designing the environment as though I was designing a level for Halo CE, which is a considerable challenge for me, seeing as I never got into mapping, so I hope more experienced level designers can give me tips. The layout is moderately complex, but allows for good z-axis fighting. The area you see below is the WIP of the main roadway, which connects what will become the two "bases." Each base will be situated in a combat simulation room, and each will depict a different manufactured simulation of a real world combat situation.

I have very little to show right now; just this render of my current "sketch model."

I apologize for having such a shitty model right now, but I'm using this very low res base model to perfect the layout before I go in and model the high res assets.

Progress will be in this thread and this thread alone, and I'm hoping all of you will support me through this one, and give me tips and criticism on how to make this piece a memorable one.

*Note for Modacity. I will be staying here, but I am leaving all other Halo websites and this final piece is my farewell.

Re: [WIP]New Mombasa "Sector 7" Training Facility.

Looks good so far, and I love the idea!

Sad to see you hanging up your Halo boots, I still remember your cell shading mod for Halo PC, that was the bomb.

Looking forward to seeing the final result of this piece

Why would you want to watch your character get shot by a corrupt US General when you can watch him get eviscerated by an eight-foot alien in purple body armour?

Blog Entries
    Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of

Definitely looking forward to seeing how this will turn out. Sorry to see this will be your last render, but it is good to expand into new areas.

if this is going in ce, just make sure you make it so the z axis gameplay style is balanced, because people from above are going to find easy ways down

looks good so far though!

Delta4907 is on a distinguished road

I'm positive its just for a render scene.

Blog Entries
    =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute

I was looking forward to that halo cutscene render as well
    Well good luck in the future jean luc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ki11a_FTW View Post
    if this is going in ce, just make sure you make it so the z axis gameplay style is balanced, because people from above are going to find easy ways down

looks good so far though!
    I don't have any plans to put it in CE, but if someone wants to give it a shot after I'm done, they're welcome to.

Double postin, sorry.

Not a whole lot of progress today. Lack of creativity and a busy schedule have led me to this.

As you can see, the flat wall of the parking garage has been swapped out for what will become concrete pylons, and the top of the garage has three squares on it which will later become Hornet landings pads. I wanted a pelican landing pad, but I quickly found out that having a 120x80' landing pad made for the difficult times.

Anyways, I'll keep you all updated as I go.

I think it looks good. Can't wait to see the final outcome.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information