+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Microsoft Certifications

Cojafoji has much to be proud of Cojafoji has much to be proud of Cojafoji has much to be proud of Cojafoji has much to be proud of Cojafoji has much to be proud of Cojafoji has much to be proud of Cojafoji has much to be proud of Cojafoji has much to be proud of Cojafoji has much to be proud of Cojafoji has much to be proud of Cojafoji has much to be proud of

Microsoft Certifications

Hey all,
    Just a random question or two. Do any of you who work in the computer field believe that the Microsoft Certifications are worth it? Frankly, my brother thinks that they're rubbish (he's a sysadmin for a school district), but at the same time, the higher up network techs that I work with tell me that they're very much worth it. I'm literally halfway through three certifications right now (server 2008, exchange and mySQL), and I'm really just wondering if I'm making the right move. If you feel like it, post your experiences with such things etc. Also, as an addendum, I can't go back to school, it's too expensive.

Master of the {KaS} Clan
    korori is on a distinguished road

Re: Microsoft Certifications

Yes and No. Most places if your only going to be an IT. They really want A+ and Network+. Though it really wouldn't hurt. I mean heck if you get a IT job and see all these degree/Cert from Microsoft they may choose you over someone that may have only an A+ or something (this is not always the case though).

I know where I work they did not care if I had "Microsoft Server" or any other cert. This is a Government Job. But I went through hell though showing them my skill. They pushed me and my computer logic.

Really if since you are half way through. Go for it.

Korori
    Last edited by korori; September 7th, 2009 at 09:37 PM.

Phopojijo has a brilliant future Phopojijo has a brilliant future Phopojijo has a brilliant future Phopojijo has a brilliant future Phopojijo has a brilliant future Phopojijo has a brilliant future Phopojijo has a brilliant future Phopojijo has a brilliant future Phopojijo has a brilliant future Phopojijo has a brilliant future Phopojijo has a brilliant future

It probably looks good on a resume, but you still need to be competent

InnerGoat killed my dakimakura waifu because I didn't post my desk :( jcap's Avatar
    jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute

Whatever you do, you can't just be book-learned. You need to actually know what you are doing. You can study your brains out with five 1000-page books, but it doesn't mean anything if you don't know how to actually put all your knowledge into practice. If you don't have the facility in your home to perform the tasks you are learning about, you should seriously look into some local place that offers courses with labs specializing in your area of interest.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information