+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: pyf multiplayer experiences?

rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute

Re: pyf multiplayer experiences?

posting about this before i forget about it, despite being tired as fuck and currently suffering a migraine.

kolby and i were doing our sniper team thing on arma 2, and decided to para-drop onto this side objective. the russians had set up a fuck-off huge arty post patrolled by a tank, a tunguska, bmps, and more spetsnaz than you can poke a stick at. a battery of about six d-30 howitzers was sitting in the middle of a field, with ammo trucks nearby.

we dropped about five hundred metres to the west before moving to a lup two hundred metres out, where both a small forest and the contours of the hill the artillery was sitting on the side of would provide us with some cover. i had numerous opportunities to pick off both spetsnaz perimeter patrols and careless bmp crews who were turned out of their hatches, but i figured we ought to move around to (what appeared to be, on the map at least) a better position to the south of our intended target. we boxed around the field safely, and had crawled to a drystone wall only a few hundred metres north of the position and less than fifty from the tank, when some dudes came flying over in a little bird at about fuck all feet of altitude and woke everyone the fuck up. their chopper instantly got violated by the tunguska and it ploughed straight into the forest a hundred metres behind us (south); unfortunately for us at the time, the guys inside bailed at the last moment so the armour started rolling up to find them. in doing so, the tank just about ran us over, and we both got spotted and hosed down by its coax gun before we could react.

not to be discouraged, we dropped in again, this time far to the north. kolby misdropped slightly and nearly ended up half a mile away on the opposite side of a mountain, but we managed to resolve the situation and we both came down gently - and unnoticed - on the base slope of said mountain, behind a single stand of trees and on a slight rise. this basically formed a natural berm we could use as cover, i couldn't have asked for a better spot. this time we were some six hundred metres from the target; the friendlies who had previously compromised us had since landed reinforcements and were in a heavy firefight with the armoured elements of the security detachment. perfect. with kolby rangefinding and checking wind speeds, and me adjusting my sight as necessary, we got to work. our first priority was to take out the gunners, as the d-30s could and would lay waste not only to our embattled team-mates but also to ourselves. kolby ranged the first gun at approximately six hundred metres and after making minor corrections for wind, i fired. i hit the gunner (who had his back turned, as the gun was pointed at our mates) in the base of the skull, killing him instantly. in short order i dropped the remaining gunners and then set to work on the infantry, with few misses (although i put about 10 rounds into one gunner before deciding it was safe to consider him bugged; sure enough, he dropped dead a minute or two later). the guys across from us hadn't seen us insert and we hadn't really thought to tell them we were there, so i can imagine they were probably kind of shitting themselves when they saw the spetsnaz guys they were fighting suddenly start dropping one by one to single shots. they raised us on chat and we informed them that yes, we were friendly and we were taking out what we could from our position. by this stage, we had been in position for about five or ten minutes. it wasn't long before air support arrived in the form of a cobra gunship; the other guys had already damaged or destroyed most of the armour, so the cobra cleaned up the empty gun positions and the ammo trucks. we mopped up the remaining spetsnaz and, not long after, a chopper picked both us and the other group up and took us back to base. i think i may actually have screenshots from this event, but i'm not sure; when i get home i'll check and post up whatever i have.

arma 2 owns. i am craving for it so fucking hard right now.
    Take my hand and I'll show you what was and will be

Thought I'd just reminisce here about a particularly epic game of CoD 4 Hardcore Search and Destroy.

So my IRL friend 'Tobi sings', Sever, and myself were playing matchmaking on ambush with some randoms. We spawned on Offense, and right away all 3 randoms on our team died from cross-map M203 spam.

Thinking the match was already over, I went ahead and grabbed the bomb. Sever and I rushed straight to bomb point A, with Tobi in sniping position. Right as I came up to the bomb site, I heard 2 R700 shots go off from behind and a camping enemy ragdolled off the rooftop right in front of me. Sever scouted ahead to check for more campers, and was promptly ended by a hail of M4 bullets.

I planted the bomb while uttering a prayer of warding against grenades, then made to run away. Right as I did, 3 enemies popped out from behind the iron fence and looked at me. I immediately dropped to prone and popped all 3 of them with single deagle shots, then got shot in the back by another enemy on the rooftop.

The last enemy started defusing, but right as he was about to finish he got nailed by Tobi's stun grenade for an instant kill, winning us the match.

Ambush:

Last edited by Pooky; January 13th, 2010 at 01:59 AM.

I think Metroid is a pretty cool guy, eh finds missiles and doesn't afraid of anything.

rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute

mate that's full a bit sick

nothing like running into an ambush only to have your sniper cover blow the fucking shit out of them

Quote Originally Posted by Cojafoji View Post
    Ross, I think you're getting way to into that game man.
    Yo, he experienced something that I've only dreamed of multiple times. You're lucky, Ross. I don't have 7+ hours to blow on a game. Life always intrudes.

Also, what is this PR game. It sounds epic. Is it Project Reality for BF2?

Edit: After doing some wiki searching, it is Project Reality. I knew it looked like BF2 right off the bat.
    Last edited by Amit; May 11th, 2011 at 06:37 PM.

does arma2 actually kick as much ass as rossmum makes it sound? i mean it looks awesome, but i never actually played it.
    Playing BC2 again. I'll take shitty hit registration due to Brazillian lag over built in shitty hit reg.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Inferno is on a distinguished road

Imagine CoD4 except realistic.

No akimbo model 1887s or shoulder firing 50.cal.

Posts, posts EVERYWHERE! Warsaw's Avatar
    Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute

I want a WWII version of ArmA 2. That would kick some ass.

TeeKup: I don't much care for men crawling in the mud
    TeeKup: id rather them be crawling in my bed

Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    does arma2 actually kick as much ass as rossmum makes it sound? i mean it looks awesome, but i never actually played it.
    yes. especially if you find a server with a good community and/or some current/ex-serving bros (the aussie servers are full of us).

Quote Originally Posted by Warsaw View Post
    I want a WWII version of ArmA 2. That would kick some ass.
    on the way. also falklands.

e/ inferno, the m82/m107 actually recoils about as much as a 12ga. shotgun from what i hear; they have a lot of recoil-reducing features. shoulder-fired, yes. accurately? not so much. the more you know (plus those things are heavy as fuck. with ace 2 installed, arma 2 simulates this)
    Last edited by rossmum; January 14th, 2010 at 12:45 AM.

Blog Entries
    =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute

Just had what could have been a real epic game on halo wars untill the entire team quit out of rage.
    Saw a few warthogs go past my base and realised that one player on the other team were making warthogs, nothing but warthogs, with this in mind i made a few banshees not many only about 8 with boost, sent them over to the guys base ripped the shit out of the warthogs and took a reactor out then dived away.
    Next thing i know the guy is making tanks and hornets, so i upgraded to double rate of fire on the banshees and made about 6 vampires fully upgraded, all of a sudden the two recruits on my side were squeeling about the entire fucking team was attacking one of their bases at the other end of the map, so i sent everything i had to the generals base and ripped the shit out of it with 14 fully upgraded banshees and 6 fully upgraded vampires and a rather nasty 1 star prothet fully upgraded, seconds later that base was gone, the general suddenly realised and dropped a distruption bomb just after his base had gone.
    no use now so i moved to his next base ripped that up and he quit.
    Went on to the next guy got 3/4 of the way through his base and both of the remaining players quit.
    They had grizzly tanks, hawks ODST's the fucking lot, they could have ripped me to shreads if they had attacked me not the recruits, leaving the recruits easy pickings but no, they wanted to toy about with fire and got burned.

i should upload some of my dawn of war demo files. holy living fuck have i had some trolly games.

i punch well above my weight when i'm defending, apparently. and i rape at assassination.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information