+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: pyf multiplayer experiences?

+rep me to cure my ebola n00b1n8R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute

Re: pyf multiplayer experiences?

Quote Originally Posted by rossmum View Post
    i should upload some of my dawn of war demo files. holy living fuck have i had some trolly games.

i punch well above my weight when i'm defending, apparently. and i rape at assassination.
    Ross, even I can beat you at DoW.

with this base no less

Quote Originally Posted by Roostervier View Post
    selentic ill admit i didnt actually watch the video because a majority of your posts are pointless, ad hominem, or ultra-liberal sensationalist bullshit

rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute

that game went for like 3 hours though, and i'm a weak player on that map. i really shine on tighter maps where i can exploit bottlenecks with my skyray death brigade; i actually have one demo where some supposedly pro guys start shitting themselves over alliance chat when their fuck-off huge army of orks gets absolutely slaughtered and hung out to dry by my comparatively small and overstretched force. i actually had one game where i held out for four hours against literally four necron teams attacking at once, with three monoliths coming from one direction and one coming from the other. fucking insane.

assassination is the best though. i lost my teammates almost instantly (3v3 kasyr lutien) but held on for 25 minutes before my base was trashed; i killed an inordinate number of dudes, but the best part wasn't that caused them a pyrrhic victory (which i do quite often), but that i had three devilfish loaded up with fully-upgraded stealthsuits, construction drones, a squad of pathfinders (just to be safe) and my commander. i moved the one with my commander constantly, so no matter how much time they spent trying to patrol every square inch of the map, they never found it (although there were one or two close calls); the construction drone devilfish started setting up smaller, satellite bases in out-of-the-way areas so i'd have at least some ability to cover my losses. the remaining devilfish, its complement of stealthsuits, and the remainder of my stealth battlegroup (full maxxed pop cap ) then went on a massive guerilla campaign. these guys had all their scout units looking for my commander, so i was safe to roll up and absolutely trash their bases; i ended up razing some ungodly number of buildings, probably destroying about five or six full-sized bases along with most of the guys in them. three hours later i only had a few guys left, but they still had no luck in finding my commander; they were getting trolled and i had to go, so i simply unloaded him in the middle of their largest base and killed a good deal of units before he finally fell. now i think about it, i should've just grown some patience and fucked them about for another hour so they all forfeited and gave me a rare win. i think i got over a thousand unit kills or some shit, it was pretty awesome.

e/ oh and there was that one time where i trolled that guy so hard because i trashed like 4 consecutive baneblades with stealthsuits, heh

e/ oh look, here's from that one game where those dudes got schooled

toot toot (while in demo mode the ally chat for all teams shows in the same window, you can work it out)

game where i had to leave early so i baleeted my commander, still cause pyrrhic victory
    Last edited by rossmum; January 14th, 2010 at 11:51 PM. Reason: confused devilfish w/ hammerhead gunship, also pics
    Take my hand and I'll show you what was and will be

rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute

hi fags i'm resurrecting this thread because i found a ton of screens from an awesome game of pr

story and pics to follow, spoilered owing to length

Kolby and I were playing PR together while on Skype (as usual); the map changed to Karbala, and wanting a break from just hoofing around as normal infantry under the command of some useless dickweed, we decided to form a sniper team and head for a compound which overlooks most of the western side of the city.

We got ourselves a flat-top Hummvee and were soon on our way.

...Naturally, half our team had the same idea. Welp.

We took some SA fie on the way from some rooftops along the main drag, but there wasn't much we could do about it other than keep moving. The size of the convoy worried me - it'd be a very easy target - but we made it to our OP safely. We parked our ride by a hole in the fence but in the lee of a building, so it would be at least somewhat protected from incoming and also because it would be hard to see from outside the compound.

We set up on the top of a huge fuck-off chemical tank, with Kolby spotting and also covering our back. He'd thrown his grappling hook down from the top so that in the event of a compromise, we could just pseudo-fastrope our way down rather than dick about on the staircase and expose ourselves to every fucker on the map. Things were quiet at first...

...and we didn't see much activity aside from the odd straggling friendly moving into the town's flank. It wasn't long before the insurgents became interested in holding the compound down for the same reason as we had, however, and I managed to pick off a guy on a bike who dismounted and planted what was probably an IED. I got all smug and shit, but I soon heard a panicked shout from Kolby. An enemy sniper had crawled up onto the tank directly behind us, and seemed to be lining him up. I took the shot and eliminated him.

Awww, you dead.

This seemed to anger the sniper, and as soon as he respawned he presumably spammed his team's chat with our position until someone got fed up with his shit and came after us. When I say 'someone', I actually mean several infantry and a technical. Oops.

AAAA RUN AWAY

Having fastroped off the tank while tracer zipped over our heads and blew great chunks out of the ground at our feet, we sprinted flat-out to our escape vehicle and took off. I don't actually remember what happened next at all, but for some reason my brain is telling me we got blown up or something, like Motorbike Man ninja'd an IED onto our fucking Hummvee. We may never know.

Anyhow, we somehow ended up on the western end of town, where we'd been planning to observe from our previous position.

Although I have no idea what happened, I do know that we died. Otherwise, I'd still have my M24. When I get a sniper rifle in a game, it turns into a case of 'you can have my rifle when you pry it from my cold, dead hands'.

Somewhere along the way, our merry little two-man recon team evolved into a full-blown quick-response team, complete with more grappling hooks than we knew what to do with and some pretty clued-in squadmates. Because gates are for suckas, we then proceeded to basically grapple over literally every wall, building, and other obstacle between us and the desert north of the city's main drag. What can I say? We're too cool to box around things.

Having made it to the relatively small, outlying walled compound north of the city, we spent about ten minutes clearing it room-to-room and searching for weapons caches. We found nothing, and decided hey fuck it, let's go secure the compound Kolby and I started in (since the insurgents had now taken up residence there and were using it to project attacks out into our nearby FOB).

One problem: to get there, we had to cross a major four-lane highway and about five hundred metres of open, featureless, utterly fucking flat desert.

After several minutes of tense 'dry' fire and movement (i.e. going through every motion except pulling the trigger), we made it to the outside fence. By now, we'd spotted several technicals which seemed to be orbiting the compound at fairly regular intervals.

Finding a hole in the fence, we quickly made our way inside and cleaned out the few guys still in there. Just as we held a war council out the back of the warehouse, a pair of technicals blazed past, sending 7.62x54R shooting in all directions.

Eventually, we managed to set up defensive positions, disable or destroy the technicals, and hold down the position for most of the game. I don't think I have any more screens from that one; if I do, they're still floating around my PC somewhere awaiting upload.

As a consolation prize, have assorted screens from other awesome PR games with friends and randoms who could work together properly. I can't be bothered to get a commentary going on them.

awesome alert

Kolby was SO LUCKY that a) his own AT4 didn't kill him and b) the techie wreck didn't flatten him. I'm surprised how well this screen came out.

Apologies for the huge gap before I finished the post off, had to relocate and lost wireless in process (posting from my new laptop)
    Last edited by rossmum; June 25th, 2010 at 03:24 AM.
    Take my hand and I'll show you what was and will be

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Inferno is on a distinguished road

I got bored the other day so I decided to play CoD4. And I joined up some random server and started destroying people with my Ak-47 class while bunny hopping so furiously I think it nearly melted my space bar. Next thing I know I'm out of AK ammo and on a 15 kill streak so I grab the nearest weapon I find.

Not long after that I get accused of cheating. On a server with punkbuster no less!

The kid continues to complain and apparently other people in the server take his side so it's my job to defend myself.

And they shut the fuck up after that. I love it when people think I'm cheating. I take it as a compliment to my skill level.

++

Last edited by Inferno; June 24th, 2010 at 10:31 PM.

Blog Entries
    TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute

You picked up an M40A3, this shouldn't surprised you.

Also clearly you're a bad ass mother fucker.

If I had a better PC I'd get CoD4 for it. Getting sick of live recently.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Strafe jumping is art. I've been banned from multiple servers for bunny hopping haha.

Also, CG_FOV 80. That's the best way to play.
    Last edited by Inferno; June 25th, 2010 at 11:39 AM.

I really wish I could play FPS's like that. But they make me violently ill anymore D:

Later today, I'll post a screen shot of my last Sup Com game. Holy shit was it insane.

Keep Calm & Carry On.

Not my ownage, I just happened to see this earlier.

This video is unable to be displayed because the YouTube video tags were used incorrectly. Please review proper use of the tags here.

The skill curve for this game is just fucking ridiculous x.x

I think Metroid is a pretty cool guy, eh finds missiles and doesn't afraid of anything.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pooky View Post
    Not my ownage, I just happened to see this earlier.

*snip*

The skill curve for this game is just fucking ridiculous x.x
    Bunny hopping to the extreme!

LOL inferno did you see that kid leave the game right after you killed him and told him off?
    Playing BC2 again. I'll take shitty hit registration due to Brazillian lag over built in shitty hit reg.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information