Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill's Hat: It owns

Aerowyn has a reputation beyond repute Aerowyn has a reputation beyond repute Aerowyn has a reputation beyond repute Aerowyn has a reputation beyond repute Aerowyn has a reputation beyond repute Aerowyn has a reputation beyond repute Aerowyn has a reputation beyond repute Aerowyn has a reputation beyond repute Aerowyn has a reputation beyond repute Aerowyn has a reputation beyond repute Aerowyn has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Bill's Hat: It owns

Quote Originally Posted by Ganon View Post
    You weren't trolling woman

Women can't troll
    Oh but I did. I made a post that I knew would piss people off because it is exactly like the threads after the halos. I sat here and laughed my ass off at all the replies, because I honestly think some people don't read the OP anyway.

Some people just see it's a hat thread and go "LOL CRY MOAR ITS JUST A HAT."

I get a lot of enjoyment from the stupidity over at the Steam Forums.

EDIT: LOLWUT the thread is gone, hahahahahah
    Last edited by Aerowyn; November 3rd, 2009 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerowyn View Post
    What I'm really mad about is that they're trying to bait TF2 players into pre-ordering L4D2 with a hat .
    And it worked. I just lost my job, i have a small reservoir of cash left and I am moving in a few months. I need to be saving my money. But within 10 minutes of seeing that I could have the chance to wear bills hat, I pre ordered it. They just have me all figured out
    With my bare hands

Back for the Russian Halo p0lar_bear's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future

Thread's gone, lol. Was gonna post this:

I'll just leave this here.

Thread was entertaining. Well, see ya.
    "Halo 1 didn't have proper mustache code and that's why the new mustache seems overpowered."
    -ejburke, Nov. 2011
    Tumbler Dot Com

You know what I wonder? Why do the developers have to maintain the communities? Where did this idea come from? We used to get by just fine with fan-run sites, and it'd probably save developers a lot of time and money by letting the fans do their own thing, as opposed to trying to corral them all close to home.

Blog Entries
    Phopojijo has a brilliant future Phopojijo has a brilliant future Phopojijo has a brilliant future Phopojijo has a brilliant future Phopojijo has a brilliant future Phopojijo has a brilliant future Phopojijo has a brilliant future Phopojijo has a brilliant future Phopojijo has a brilliant future Phopojijo has a brilliant future Phopojijo has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by thehoodedsmack View Post
    Yes. It's sortof like how vinyl records are making a comeback. The digital age is here, and people are starting to realize it isn't as great as we hoped.
    Yeah that's an off comparison.

Think of it like Guitar Amps... you do NOT want your guitar amp to be provide a perfect amplification of your guitar... there are reasons why they have frickin' overdrive. The first overdrive was caused by a broken thermionic diode oscillating... that made a *pleasant* sound. Then people started breaking and over-voltaging their diodes to try to recover that sound. Then people started manufacturing the amps to include that sound... even to the point of having a low-voltage diode on a switch for low-volume distortion.

Vinyl records are popular because they distort the sound, but in a way that's pleasant to the human ear. If we wanted perfect quality... all of our music would be done on tuning forks and synthesizers (technically AC signal generators at that point).

Quote Originally Posted by Phopojijo View Post
    Yeah that's an off comparison.
    I just meant to exemplify that some things are better the way they used to be. Your example is nicer, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerowyn View Post
    Lawl, they see me trollin'.
    holy shit at first I thought you were just a dumb bitch who can't appreciate what a company does for its fans and who somehow thought the L4D2 hate bandwagon was still rolling but now I realize you've been TROLLING ALL ALONG!!! hats off to you for PWNING those steam forum n00bies with your EPIC trolling

Quote Originally Posted by flibitijibibo View Post
    Hm...

I want to see Valve try something. I've closely observed both ends of things companies do, from IW to Valve, and since Valve is usually up for ideas, I think I want them to try an experiment.

For 3 years, from 2010-2012: nothing but the games. No news, no feature announcements, no discounts, no promo items, no updates, no add-ons/DLC, no balance fixes, not even bug fixes. Just the announcement of the games, and straight up vanilla on all their products until the end of the 2012 period. However, they can't do any negative actions either, such as remove a common feature or up their prices, like IW. So, everything is standard price all the time, what you buy is what you get, for all time. Most of the older gamers in the room should notice that this is basically cartridge era. Nothing special, no bullshit. I think now is the best time to give this a try.

From what I can tell, there is always a percentage of the population that is pissed about something, no matter what it may happen to be. So, what I want to see is the reactions found from a world where nothing but the games happen. That's it.

What I expect/hope to see: The loss of game communities. Entirely. If the game merely exists, and nothing new can come of its discussion, how could such groups exist? Sure, there can still be mod communities, and that's always been there (custom WADs, anyone?).

It seems the only people who have any problems are those communities I wish to see wiped off the Earth. It's people who can't take matters into their own hands and just create what they want themselves. They're dependent on the work of others, which is alright I suppose; we can't all be Kornman, but as of late, it seems they do not understand that THEY are dependent on the developers for this entertainment, not the other way around. Sure, if the developer does not make money, they cannot thrive, but what makes you think people with this type of talent can't find work elsewhere, in a different field? It may not necessarily be their passion, but in the end, they don't need you. At all. These communities don't understand that, and they fail to understand that as a whole, all that they're given took effort beyond any level that they can comprehend. How interesting would it be to see what happens when all that extra effort is gone? The devs can put a little less effort in, have a higher profit margin (proportionally speaking), and nobody can bitch with complete confidence because all that extra shit they were given before was, in the end, extra. It wasn't required. They got exactly what they paid for, end of story. Only the dumbest of the dumb won't realize this, and that is all who will remain (well, them as well as those too young to have lived when this kind of thing was normal).

The only limiting factor I can see is that the game produced will have to be good right from the start. Not that that's been too much of a problem, but I suppose there have been a few games lately that required a patch or two to be functional at all.

Oh, how I yearn for the olden days...
    what an amazing idea it's right up there with sticking razorblades into my eyes

Did you really just come here from the Steam Forums to make one post? Really?

I like this guy

Back for the Russian Halo p0lar_bear's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future p0lar_bear has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by JERK View Post
    what an amazing idea it's right up there with sticking razorblades into my eyes
    I know right you should probably go try it out!

(by "it" I mean sticking razorblades in your eyes)

(i'm suggesting you stick razorblades in your eyes)

(go stick razorblades in your eyes)
    "Halo 1 didn't have proper mustache code and that's why the new mustache seems overpowered."
    -ejburke, Nov. 2011
    Tumbler Dot Com

Closed Thread

Thread Information