+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Check out this fucking gun

Check out this fucking gun

that we just bought to replace our busted ass .308 carbine. Basically the .308 stopped ejecting shells when you cycled the bolt, it's still operable and still shoots true but it would cost a stupid amount to repair or replace the bolt. So we've decided to retire it to be our "secondary" scoped shooter since it poses a high risk of jamming, and it's a bitch to reload since you've got to shake the spent cartridge out...

So we went to the new Bass Pro Shop today and found this little baby:

More pictures:

Operational function pictures:

Magazine release:

Magazine is then removable from the "floorplate" with a light pull:

(Image is from Browning website)

Bolt catch/release:

And then you just pull the cocking handle back to cycle the bolt or lock it in place depending on the position of the magazine.

It's a Browning BAR LongTrac Stalker 30-06 that we've mounted a Leupold VX-II 3-9x40mm adjustable zoom scope on. Maybe I'll be able to bag a third White-Tail deer (got a Doe and a Buck within a few hours last Sunday), a couple Mule deer, and possibly an Elk (3 point or larger only) this season with this bad boy... Did I mention that it's semi-automatic with a four round magazine? Basically it's as good as decked out as Canadian hunting law will allow...

Black and Gray with Gold trim!!!

We were originally going to get a BAR ShortTrack (Oil Finish) in .308 but they broke the fucking thing while trying to mount the scope... The Stalker that we have now is better looking, more powerful, and almost $200 more because of that, but they gave it to us for the price of the ShortTrac!
    Last edited by Cortexian; November 4th, 2009 at 05:08 AM.

Banned
    Advancebo is on a distinguished road

Re: Check out this fucking gun

nice

j/w who is we

you and (?)

that is a very, very nice hunting rifle.

Keep Calm & Carry On.

Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    j/w who is we

you and (?)
    My father, we hunt together and I tell him what guns are good and show him how they work, clean them, and maintain them.

This one is actually registered to me because when we bought the ShortTrac that they broke, they had to "buy it" back off of us and then sell us the new one. The registration system doesn't let you buy and sell firearms that quickly, for fear that someone might buy one for someone who shouldn't have one and all that. The other three guns we own (Benelli Super Black Eagle, 308 Carbine, and a 30-30 Lever-Action) are all registered to my father.

Quote Originally Posted by Cojafoji View Post
    that is a very, very nice hunting rifle.
    Thanks Coja! It was this or a Benelli R1 synthetic with iron sights, since the Benelli cost almost as much as the BAR and Leupold combined...

Aerowyn has a reputation beyond repute Aerowyn has a reputation beyond repute Aerowyn has a reputation beyond repute Aerowyn has a reputation beyond repute Aerowyn has a reputation beyond repute Aerowyn has a reputation beyond repute Aerowyn has a reputation beyond repute Aerowyn has a reputation beyond repute Aerowyn has a reputation beyond repute Aerowyn has a reputation beyond repute Aerowyn has a reputation beyond repute

I like handguns/revolvers a lot better than I do rifles.... someday I will have the Smith and Wesson Model 500 magnum Q___Q

Quote Originally Posted by Aerowyn View Post
    I like handguns/revolvers a lot better than I do rifles.... someday I will have the Smith and Wesson Model 500 magnum Q___Q

~snip~
    Have you ever fired one of those? I enjoyed the Model 500 I shot at the range last year but Revolvers just aren't by thing. I much preferred the Heckler & Koch Mark 23 .45 ACP:
    NEED A DISPENSER HERE

$2,300.00 CAD

But this thread is about rifles! Specifically hunting rifles! I can't get over how good the gold/brass/whatever trim looks on this gun...
    Last edited by Cortexian; November 4th, 2009 at 12:54 PM.

Wow very cool gun there. I like the loading mechanism... I've never seen that before
    With my bare hands

Quote Originally Posted by ICEE View Post
    Wow very cool gun there. I like the loading mechanism... I've never seen that before
    God I think I'll fall in love with it for one simple reason, here in Canada you cannot have your firearm loaded in the vehicle while you're hunting... You can see how this may be a problem if we're driving along and see something we can shoot, which is usually how we hunt, driving along trails and cut-lines and such until we see something. Now, I can't tell you how many times I've dropped my magazine or bullets in the vehicle and can't find them until we get out...

Now, this gun lets you load your magazine and keep it attached to the gun so you can jump out and fold the mag in and load it in a second or two. I can tell you that it's a pain to reload while attached to the "floorplate", but that's not a big issue for me.

thats a p blingin trigger you got there

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information