+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: HALO 1.09 CE (personal dedis ping not showing)

Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute

Re: HALO 1.09 CE (personal dedis ping not showing)

Interesting, I never had this problem with my home dedicated server... It only ever happened with my GameServers.com server for a week or so.

Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future

Anyone tried this yet? When i put a Halo PC server up, turn off firewalls and put that PC in the DMZ ping still aint showing..

Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute

If it's in DMZ then it's most likely a gamespy issue.

El Durado :/
    supersniper has much to be proud of supersniper has much to be proud of supersniper has much to be proud of supersniper has much to be proud of supersniper has much to be proud of supersniper has much to be proud of supersniper has much to be proud of supersniper has much to be proud of supersniper has much to be proud of supersniper has much to be proud of supersniper has much to be proud of

yeah guaranteed.
    DMZ allows all ports opened through that given computer
    and if it's still not getting pinged then it's a gamespy issue like free said.

I can ping my server through xfire and several other applications. It's only on the list that it doesn't show the ping - also it takes like 5 minutes to update the player numbers, whereas on dedis it'll update every second if you check it (talking about on the list still)

I just found out that pings don't use ports, so firewalls wouldn't have an impact.

[DMZ should only be used for testing, shouldn't leave your computer that way - extremely vulnerable to all sorts of worms and attacks.]

I guess it's just a gamespy issue :/
    Last edited by POQbum; December 10th, 2009 at 05:22 PM.

El Durado :/
    supersniper has much to be proud of supersniper has much to be proud of supersniper has much to be proud of supersniper has much to be proud of supersniper has much to be proud of supersniper has much to be proud of supersniper has much to be proud of supersniper has much to be proud of supersniper has much to be proud of supersniper has much to be proud of supersniper has much to be proud of

yep it's gampespy.
    sorry bro.

Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future Vicky has a brilliant future

I paged them some time ago already about this because this started before the last update already, of course they tell you it can't be them and instead contact the game company/creator :P

Must be gamespy though.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information