+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 263 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 162 ... LastLast

Thread: Modacity shooters' thread

Blog Entries
    TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Modacity shooters' thread

Warsaw it appears as if we are being ignored in this thread.

I had another post here describing the situation with the F-35's before the "update" removed it. In short, I have no problem with 35-40 F-35's but 65 is just overkill. There won't be enough uses for those kind of planes for Canada. There's virtually no air to maintain superiority in except Canadian airspace. Canada hasn't been in a major air conflict since WWII; it's been mainly bombing runs for the past 50 years. Gone are the days where developed nations try to scare each other with an arms race.

Freelancer is right that The F-18's need to be replaced, but the F-35 is not the proper fighter to be replacing it with. A single engine stealth aircraft that has performance that isn't fitting of the high price point. $9 billion for the aircraft alone and another $9 billion for maintenance (excluding weapons). It wouldn't be such a waste if so many weren't being purchased all at one time. Maybe if they started off with half of the number they are going to purchase and then slowly phase out the rest of the F-18's. On top of that, this deal is single-sourced. There is no competition whatsoever to challenge the F-35. These are not good decisions being made.

Quote Originally Posted by Freelancer View Post
    Sounds like you've actually been listening to the TV ads (which are all full of completely biased and almost always incorrect information about everything from every party). The name of the Government was never officially changed, the "Harper Government" is a term the CPC coined themselves to call themselves as a campaign dealio.
    Nope. In federal communications, it is a requirement to say the Harper Government or you may be at risk for losing your job. When the conservative party came back in power in 2006, some senior government dude was fired for not saying "Canada's New Government." Really? Harper feels like he owns the country. The guy was reinstated almost 2 years later, though, when the name was changed back to "Government of Canada." Of course nobody will go against the "Harper Government" now for they fear they will be fired.

The CPC is the only party that gives a shit about the state of our military. Expect our order of F-35's and all the helpful money being funneled into helping our troops be diverted to other causes.
    Diverted to other causes? You bet. More relevant causes and helpful. The Liberals will provide $1000 for 4 years to high school and post secondary students to help cover rising tuition fees. $1500/year for low income families. I am a student and tuition fees are ridiculous so this appeals to me. I will have to thoroughly examine their intentions in addition to the other parties before I make a decision, though.
    Last edited by Amit; April 26th, 2011 at 04:06 PM.

Voted CPC yesterday.

The reason the F-35's cost so much is because they're generation 5 fighters, the electronics and avionics in these things is crazy. My friend who's at the Royal Military College of Canada working to become an Aerospace Engineer told me that they have there own proprietary wireless network package for cyber warfare and communications and such. He even said that one plane can be piloted from another over this wireless link, one pilot gives control to another in a different plane or on the ground in a flight-sim style station and that person can take over. He said we have some plans to have ground based pilots on-duty for all deployed aircraft, if the pilot has some kind of medical issues that prevent him from flying or needs to eject for some reason the ground controller can take over and fly the plane home. Not sure how accurate all of this is though.

Diverting funding that keeps people alive so you can get through school easier, no thanks.

Posts, posts EVERYWHERE! Warsaw's Avatar
    Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute

Pssst, Amit, the F-35 is a multi-role fighter like the F/A-18. It is a more than suitable replacement. The F-22 is the air superiority fighter, not the JSF.

Anyways, fuck politics, needz moar gunz.

So I've decided that come Christmas, I am going to buy a Ruger Mark III. Prefereably a competition-grade model. They are cheap to shoot, fun to shoot, extremely reliable, and are very solid in the hand. You just can't go wrong with a Ruger.
    Last edited by Warsaw; April 26th, 2011 at 08:04 PM.

TeeKup: I don't much care for men crawling in the mud
    TeeKup: id rather them be crawling in my bed

Blog Entries
    TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute

Wait there is a Mark III now? I thought it was the Mark II...

Diverting funding that keeps people alive so you can get through school easier, no thanks.
    These fighters don't directly keep people alive like incubators in a hospital. Also, the money won't help me get through school easier, it helps be pay for the ridiculous fees that have been added on since the Conservatives came back in power. Tuition has been raised 20% in most institutions since Harper became PM. He doesn't give a shit about us. If you were in post-secondary school you would see that.

It's not like I'm saying that we shouldn't buy them at all. I'm saying by them in smaller quantities so it doesn't hit the taxpayers so much. Also, recent developments by Lockheed-Martin report that there are considerable increases in price. So, that 2001 estimate of $9 billion for the fighters is looking more like $24 billion.

I agree, with Warsaw, though. Politics suck. I'll leave the rest of it out of this thread since the subject of guns is almost conservative in nature.
    Last edited by Amit; April 26th, 2011 at 08:44 PM.

Blog Entries

Lol Amit's party sounds like Obama.

Posts, posts EVERYWHERE! Warsaw's Avatar
    Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TVTyrant View Post
    Wait there is a Mark III now? I thought it was the Mark II...
    Yeah. Mark II came out more than 50 years ago, I believe. I have a friend who has a 40 year old one and it's very well-used. However, it's in perfect working order and most (95%) of the bluing is still intact. I thought there was a Mk. IV but it appears that I was mistaken. Gonna try and grab mine at a gun show because they usually have a better line-up of Ruger models. It is also irrelevant whether or not you buy it new, because like I said you can't really go wrong with one at all.

TeeKup: I don't much care for men crawling in the mud
    TeeKup: id rather them be crawling in my bed

Quote Originally Posted by TVTyrant View Post
    Lol Amit's party sounds like Obama.
    Let me make this clear: I don't like or support any political party beyond voting for the one that will be more likely to fix this nation's problems while reducing the amount of new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    Let me make this clear: I don't like or support any political party beyond voting for the one that will be more likely to fix this nation's problems while reducing the amount of new ones.
    That's going to be a problem, since every single thing you "fix" will cause another "problem". I think you should just write your own name on the ballot and put check-marks (not X's) in all the other options.

Also, new fighters keep our pilots alive more directly than an incubator. And I'm taking a part-time post secondary course while upgrading a final high-school course at the same time, it's a fucked up curriculum I know, but the course I'm upgrading has -100% to do with the post-secondary course I'm taking. Anyhow, point is that the price for the course seems more than reasonable. I have a part-time job right now though, and have had on and off full-time jobs for 3 years now so I have a decent amount of financial backing for myself in addition to the Education-fund my parents started when I was born.

I'm still living at home though, not sure about you. So my home expense is A LOT less then what most people pay for in post-secondary.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information