+ Reply to Thread
Page 162 of 263 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152 160 161 162 163 164 172 212 262 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 2622

Thread: Modacity shooters' thread

Re: Modacity shooters' thread

it looks like it's the wrong direction, it should be on the opposite side and will rotate up as a shell is loaded

That's what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure. Thanks peng I'll just flip it around.
    With my bare hands

Blog Entries
    TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have an IRL picture of it? I can't tell what its supposed to be from the model.

Blog Entries
    TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute

Seems like it was solved. Lol.

actually having looked at some IRL shotguns, they really do have it set up that way. Whatever I'm still flipping it. CREEATIVE LIBARTIES
    With my bare hands

rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan094 View Post
    Izmash went bankrupt again, oh yeah the AK-12 was ment for exportation from what they said.
    If only it was still state-owned this would not have happened :ussr:

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan094 View Post
    And on gunboards a guy is selling right now 2 M38's both for $175, 2 M44's for $175, and a M91 Izhevsk 1927 for $140. I thought about it and I might get one of them, but it all depends...
    Sounds a bit steep. I'd price them out elsewhere first.

More Mosin-related posting: the more I handle mine, the more I love it. Fuck the haters, it's a gorgeous rifle, it handles nicely, and being a sniper rifle it actually has what could pass for a decent trigger even by modern standards. I am never selling this rifle, ever. Not even for a non-refurb original sniper rifle. I'll just save and have both. I just don't get people who want to hack up these things, regardless of how cheap or how beaten they are... you're taking the fun out of them. If you have such a boner for cheap synthetic stocks, badly-tuned triggers, and shitty optics on sloppy mounts, go buy an entry-level hunting rifle and shit that up. Better yet, save up and buy a good hunting rifle with a well-fit stock, a good trigger job, and good optics on solid mounts, you fucking fuck. I don't understand the people who dwell in that strange overlap between guns and cars - wanting to pimp the shit out of something shitty with even more shitty shit when, if they waited like another week, they could have what they wanted to make it into in the first place. Man, fuck people.

Other news, dad's Winchester is currently in the house, so I am alternating between fondling my Mosin and fondling that. I really hope he leaves me that rifle, I will love and cherish it forever. He's had it since the 70s or so and killed pretty much everything he's ever hunted with it (up to and including our old living room rug we had in Canada and still have safely tucked away here, a pretty sizeable bear), and it's just so nice to handle and shoot. It's not a pre-64 as I mentioned earlier, but it's a fucking great rifle all the same and I love it.

Switching to less news, there was a huge illegal firearms bust here. That in itself is not really a bad thing; I'm strongly in opposition to our ban on semiautos and I'd turn a blind eye to someone I know to not be a criminal or insane still having one squirrelled away (and I gather that was a common reaction to Port Arthur), but the guy in this case imported a shitload of AR parts and clearly intended to build them up as kits and sell them. Given how badly he'd already broken the law without giving a shit, I'm not sure he would've been too thorough vetting his customers. No, that's all fine. The rifles might be destroyed, or they might be sold on, I dunno. I hope the latter (the police sell seized/evidence guns when they're done with them via some dealers, at least sometimes). What really had me foaming at the mouth was the media coverage, which was predictably hyperbolic. "THE SAME RIFLE USED BY BRYANT AT PORT ARTHUR" and so on. From what I recall Bryant used an SLR, but I could be wrong - either way it's fucking stupid, you may as well scream about Mausers because "THE SAME RIFLE USED BY EINSATZGRUPPEN TO SHOOT JEWS AND GYPSIES". Worse still, how did they describe them? The ABC, being government-funded non-commercial television, merely called them "military-type assault rifles", noting their semi-automatic nature. Annoying, but nothing we're not used to. Channel Seven, meanwhile... I shit you not, they are "MASSACRE-STYLE MILITARY ASSAULT WEAPONS". Massacre style.

Really, I think even the most propaganda-laden of state-controlled news pales in the face of the bullshit commercial channels will pull to boost ratings and push their CEO's political agendas. Fuck off, cunts.

Gunshow tomorrow and I have five spare permits to acquire bolt-action centrefires. Someone fucked up at the registry and sent me six when I wanted one for the Mosin, and I have no intention of letting them go to waste - money is the issue, but I'll see what I can get. Maybe a No.1 Mk.III or something, hopefully their prices haven't gone up as badly as everything else around here. I should fucking hope not, Lithgow is less than an hour from here.

e/

Here are some photos of dad's Model 70 (complete with the oddball but awesome Redfield Widefield) and my Mosin! In fact, let me just c/p my post from the TFR optics thread:

Notice the slightly-too-short-for-the-action mount. Dad had to get that because they'd run out of the proper length ones and he figured he'd fix it later. After something like 40 years, he still hasn't got round to replacing it, and probably never will.

The magnification adjustment, 2-7x on this model, has a little stud to make it quick and easy in any conditions. Turns nice and smoothly, but it holds steady otherwise.

Here's the sight picture. Forgive both the janky tilt and the mess of tissues, I was trying to do this one-handed in between sneezes because the damn cats rubbed all over me on the way inside

Both the objective and ocular lenses have this squashed oblong shape to them.
    MOOOOOOOSIN

Last edited by rossmum; April 13th, 2012 at 10:15 PM.
    sometimes bad posters say stupid things and i put them in here

Quote Originally Posted by rossmum View Post
    Sounds a bit steep. I'd price them out elsewhere first.
    It may or may not be, consider in the US we might get another "Obama Scare" that will shove prices right up again. And for M38's and M44's that's not bad in my area, a little on the high side but still good. I need to make another visit to my local gun stores to see if they having anything new.

Nice MN pics there Ross.

Oh yeah I went ahead and took my 1st MN for a spin today at the range, shot about 55 rounds, 13 being Winchester and the rest a mix of Romanian and Bulgarian. I have to say my MN likes Winchester, hit a small apple dead on at 50 yards which isn't to bad and had some nice groupings with the WIN at 50 yd's rather then milsurp ammo.

Oh yeah speaking of gun shows the last two im going to should have a better pick then previous gun shows, ugh. I saw a nice Chinese M44 (T53) at the last one but it had no price on the rack and nobody would bother to tell me anything for like 10 minutes so I left it, along with a Hungarian M44 but it was mis-matched and I was still furious for missing a all-matching one for $135 a while back which a discreet import mark at the front of the barrel (and not a bill board one) so I skipped it, and the PU Russian SKS.

E: I got my friend and his dad interested in the Mosin Nagant, hopefully if they buy one or two they wont chop it up.
    Last edited by Spartan094; April 14th, 2012 at 08:15 PM.

rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute

I saw AMAZING stuff at the show. So many old and rare guns, far more than the newer rifles. I had my heart set on a beautiful P14 but someone bought it from under me, next time I guess. If there is a next time. P14s are rather hard to find here... or anywhere, for that matter. Guy brought along a .50 cal HB bolt-action, the HB and massive muzzlebrake made it look more like a 20mm. Another brought a pair of Lithgow No.1 Mk.III* (HT) rifles - high turret snipers - which I would've given my left nut for, they were immaculate. Neither was for sale (predictably) but each was valued around $4,500. There was a Civil War display, too, with an old sharpshooter's rifle with a scope nearly as long as the rifle.

Great variety, some good prices, can't wait for next year.
    sometimes bad posters say stupid things and i put them in here

Beautiful stuff Ross. For the M38's and 44's though, like I said it appears those are going up in price everywhere now. Most matching, clean bore M38's I found now are at the lowest $175. Usually see them for closer to $200.

speaking of MN's, I think I might pick myself up an M38 soon. Already have the 44 and the sniper, so might as well add that one to the family

In my area only M38's I find are at the $250 range, gun shows turn up nothing at the moment but I'll jump on one. M44's though in my area went as low as $100 so I have some hope, the Hungarian one irates me how I missed it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information