+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 262 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Modacity shooters' thread

Re: Modacity shooters' thread

if i were to ever get a gun i'd merk some ocelot shit

Quote Originally Posted by Horns View Post
    That is so wrong. I make accurate 300 yard shots no problem with my TC.
    lol 300 yards, that's spitting distance for our hunting rifles. We take shots around the 800 yard range when we're deer hunting.
    Halo CE Website

(Click for live stats)

Dwood has a reputation beyond repute Dwood has a reputation beyond repute Dwood has a reputation beyond repute Dwood has a reputation beyond repute Dwood has a reputation beyond repute Dwood has a reputation beyond repute Dwood has a reputation beyond repute Dwood has a reputation beyond repute Dwood has a reputation beyond repute Dwood has a reputation beyond repute Dwood has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Freelancer View Post
    lol 300 yards, that's spitting distance for our hunting rifles. We take shots around the 800 yard range when we're deer hunting.
    That's not hunting, that's massacring :P. Close-range hunting is so much more fun than sitting off 400+ yards and plinking them off. Try bowhunting less than 200 yards away from a bear in a tree 20+ feet off the ground. That's exhilarating b/c if the bear gets mad and decides to attack where you're at... let's just say they can climb trees... really fast. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by katherineapplegate

So sorry to get you into writing. What a horrible thing to inflict on you. Should have just sold you crack.

Shaka when the walls fell sleepy1212's Avatar
    sleepy1212 has much to be proud of sleepy1212 has much to be proud of sleepy1212 has much to be proud of sleepy1212 has much to be proud of sleepy1212 has much to be proud of sleepy1212 has much to be proud of sleepy1212 has much to be proud of

what kind of 'hunting' rifles are these again? lol

My set up for elk was 14" @ 400yds (500yd max) with Federal 185gr ballistic tips in a 30-06. Deer season would be 1" @ 100yds (300yds max) with some cheap Rem. Core-Lokt. I'm 99.9% sure of a takedown shot up to those ranges and that I won't be wounding any game as it gets away.

I certainly wouldn't take any 300 yard chances with a muzzle-loader nor 800 yard chances with a deer rifle when i'm hunting. Just a thought.

"Darwinist faggots who are as despicable as the rest, walking around eating your Triscuits."

Quote Originally Posted by ICEE View Post
    Its really a beautiful little thing.
    qft

buck hunting with rifles is overrated. while i do enjoy shooting, and yes, hunting with a rifle, i find it much more enjoyable to go buck hunting with a bow.

anyone else here manly enough to own recurves + use them for hunting?
    *if you do not own a recurve, but own a compound, do not reply. also no cross bows.

Keep Calm & Carry On.

rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute

Tried a 1911 today, firing .45 ACP hollowpoints. Handled nicely, felt about as 'right' as any handgun could. I didn't shoot as accurately as the P85 but I shot more consistently - as far as I can tell, only two rounds landed outside the target area, and not by much. The rest were dispersed pretty evenly within it. Maybe not the most accurate of handguns, but certainly the nicest I've shot so far. It feels good and solid, the controls make sense, the sights are adequate, it has a lot of power but considerably tame recoil at the same time, and it's pretty reliable.

I've always been pretty fond of the 1911 (in fact I have a tendency to lord it over every other handgun ever made), and it's proven my faith was not misplaced. Without a doubt the first priority on my wishlist should I get myself a pistol license.

In other news, my post-war, never-fired, absolute-fucking-mint No.4 Mk.I (with sling and spike bayonet) should be on the way soon! For real this time!
    Take my hand and I'll show you what was and will be

That's not the point. You said accurate. You didn't accurate at 700 yards. Muzzle loaders aren't made and don't need to be made to be accurate at 700 yards. It's the same Idea of a pistol not being accurate at 700 yards.

Posts, posts EVERYWHERE! Warsaw's Avatar
    Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute

Besides, the knock-down power of a .54 caliber slug is greater than that of a .30-06. Has nothing to do with muzzle energy or that, has everything to do with the impact distribution on the target.

TeeKup: I don't much care for men crawling in the mud
    TeeKup: id rather them be crawling in my bed

10.  #40
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Inferno is on a distinguished road

Gauiz! I PLEH Call of doody i know a lot abut gunz! MY FAVRITOE GUN IS THE 50CAL I USE IT ALL THE TIME. IT's so realizticz.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information