+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 94 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94

Thread: Airsoft Thread

RedBaron is on a distinguished road

Re: Airsoft Thread

Fuck me

I might have shimmed the bevel gear just a tad too tight. Going to get a set of replacement ball bearings that comes packaged with a new piston head and spring guide. Since I'm dishing out for shipping I'm also getting a new cylinder head with rubber cushioning too. I'm just deciding if I should also go with a new tappet plate since I'm opening this up anyway.
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG‎
Views:	290
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	3335  

Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute

What's wrong with the tappet plate? It looks fine to me? Is it plastic and you want a metal one or something?

I think you're confusing the selector plate with the tappet plate. The tappet plate is the one inside the gearbox that has an arm reaching over the sector gear. It controls the feeding in the hopup by pulling the air nozzle back. Last I opened this gearbox, I noticed some wear on that arm in contact with the sector gear. I figured I might as well replace it now cuz it seems pretty inevitable.

Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, right, yeah.

Haven't taken a gearbox apart for like 3 years heh.

Frankengun I cobbled together after doing my CAD project. Good thing too, cuz it's more reliable than my SCAR.

E: Also, happy America day

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information