+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Open Sauce and first person animations

Open Sauce and first person animations

I've recently been messing with Open Sauce and I decided to tackle first person animations.

One thing that's always annoyed me is the lack of permutation support, so I corrected this:
    This video is unable to be displayed because the YouTube video tags were used incorrectly. Please review proper use of the tags here.

Another thing is the disabled animation states, such as light-on/light-off, I also corrected this:
    This video is unable to be displayed because the YouTube video tags were used incorrectly. Please review proper use of the tags here.

I'm looking to release once I correct a few things, just previewing what I have so far to see what you guys think.

Credits:
    Choking Victim - Programming, Research, Execution
    CtrlAltDestroy - first video and tags
    ShadowSpartan - Programming tips/help/support
    Kornman00 - for Open Sauce and helping debug <3
    Firescythe - Answered my OS questions
    Penguin1362 - Gets rid of my erections
    Last edited by Choking Victim; February 22nd, 2010 at 10:48 AM.

Re: Open Sauce and first person animations

You forgot Penguin - for just being awesome. Great ideas. I love it.

Yea I forgot you, fixed ;p. <3
    Last edited by Choking Victim; February 21st, 2010 at 09:38 PM.

Well, I see Zteam has finally shown off some Open Sauce stuff XD

Very nice, would love to see this being released

Dwood has a reputation beyond repute Dwood has a reputation beyond repute Dwood has a reputation beyond repute Dwood has a reputation beyond repute Dwood has a reputation beyond repute Dwood has a reputation beyond repute Dwood has a reputation beyond repute Dwood has a reputation beyond repute Dwood has a reputation beyond repute Dwood has a reputation beyond repute Dwood has a reputation beyond repute

Nice, im very glad to see you guys doing stuff with os.
    Quote Originally Posted by katherineapplegate

So sorry to get you into writing. What a horrible thing to inflict on you. Should have just sold you crack.

ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of

What do you name the melee animations? Are they like, melee-1 and melee-2, or can they been named anything as long as they're referenced by whatever it is that you did?

Edit: :O, this is my 666th post!...
    Last edited by ODX; February 22nd, 2010 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Taking note of post number

It's exactly like third person animation permutations. Name your source files with the '%number' naming convention, and compile. For instance, melee permutations are named 'first-person melee%0.jmm', 'first-person melee%1.jmm' etc... tool will compile them appropriately, and fill in the 'next animation' field, which is what this open sauce modification requires.
    Last edited by Choking Victim; February 22nd, 2010 at 07:23 PM.

Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute

Heh, guess I'll have to give the animation importer more priority now in figuring out why it still only does 256 animations

Donut has a reputation beyond repute Donut has a reputation beyond repute Donut has a reputation beyond repute Donut has a reputation beyond repute Donut has a reputation beyond repute Donut has a reputation beyond repute Donut has a reputation beyond repute Donut has a reputation beyond repute Donut has a reputation beyond repute Donut has a reputation beyond repute Donut has a reputation beyond repute

oh this is awesome. are you guys planning anything else like this?

Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute

I've targeted what I believe are the other fixups which need to be done on the importer's end for allowing more than 256 animations. I'll try to have it tested this weekend or next

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information